The Islamic State vs. Russia in Afghanistan

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
On September 5, an Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP) suicide bomber hit the Russian embassy in Afghanistan’s capital city, Kabul. The explosion killed two Russian embassy staff and at least six other people. Just as ISKP did with earlier rocket attacks on Uzbekistan in April and Tajikistan in May, the militants followed through on their increased threats to target Russian interests, only this time the operation produced deadly results.

ISKP’s successful strike on the diplomatic mission of the leading power of the “Crusader East” and the killing of its citizens is a significant operational achievement as well as a powerful propaganda and morale booster for both the international Islamic State movement and the regional branch in Af-Pak.

My prediction is that at some point, the US will be asked to support one of these groups. The Soviet Union was involved in Afghanistan since the '60s? We "officially" got involved in 1975 but unofficially had been in for longer. I'm not surprised that Afghanistan would want Russia out.

I'm just going to need to know who is funding this new group. I also think that funding anyone on either side now and in the future should be denied.

Forum List

Back