Suicide Bomb Teams Sent to U.S.

Thousands of people suffer from acute decapitation each year. Liberals think result of the invasion of Iraq and the US's war on terror. Michael Moore is now planning a movie to explore this possibility

one news report showing one muslim who was decapitated for the crime of not praying five times a day....that is all I ask for.

You resort to name calling a lot, usual tactic of the left, you fit right in. I DID answer your question. You don't like the answer? To damn bad.

no you didn't.... you incorrectly dismissed my question by mislabeling it my opinion.

And realize that the question came at the end of a post which answered a previous question of your in great detail which you first claimed I had never answered and then, failed to respond with anything approaching the interest I put into replying.

Front page of Tribune today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...alopekjun28,1,3542860.story?coll=chi-news-hed

They may or not be Muslim, but today it seems they are inspired by those that are extremists:

'Madness' in the shantytowns
With thousands of followers, the vicious Mungiki cult preys on the poor and vows to disrupt Kenya's fledgling democracy

By Paul Salopek
Tribune foreign correspondent

June 28, 2007

Kagwanja, the political scientist, saw connections between Kenya's ruthless Mungiki and Afghanistan's mercenary Taliban, whose Islamist agents recruit among the desperate youths in refugee camps.

Gruesome inspiration

Kagwanja recently interviewed a group of Mungikis who said they got the idea of beheadings after viewing jihadist videos on the Web.

"They told me they had to keep up with the times," said Kagwanja. "Globalized violence finds its home in Kenya's slums."

They aren't Muslim...or at least almost certainly not. Mungiki is called a cult because it is religious in nature...Mungiki is their religion, not Islam.

They aren't Muslim...or at least almost certainly not. Mungiki is called a cult because it is religious in nature...Mungiki is their religion, not Islam.

Read the thread, the post was related. I bolded what imo was significant.

no you didn't.... you incorrectly dismissed my question by mislabeling it my opinion.

And realize that the question came at the end of a post which answered a previous question of your in great detail which you first claimed I had never answered and then, failed to respond with anything approaching the interest I put into replying.

Your so full of shit your eyes must be brown. Your take on Islam and sunni/shiite is NOTHING more than your opinion. That you claim otherwise is simply amazing.

Prove me wrong. Provide us with some certification, some documentation that you are some how a renowned or even obscure EXPERT , recognized as such, on this particular issue.

My answer stands. My opinion and that of others is JUST as valid as yours.

Your so full of shit your eyes must be brown. Your take on Islam and sunni/shiite is NOTHING more than your opinion. That you claim otherwise is simply amazing.

Prove me wrong. Provide us with some certification, some documentation that you are some how a renowned or even obscure EXPERT , recognized as such, on this particular issue.

My answer stands. My opinion and that of others is JUST as valid as yours.

would you think that my opinions about marine corps operations, procedures and customs were just as valid as yours?

for that matter:

Provide us with some certification, some documentation that you are some how a retired marine corps gunny sergeant and not some pimply faced high school kid.

Read the thread, the post was related. I bolded what imo was significant.

I did read the thread. I also responded to a fairly obscure point sometime back in this thread, so it should be obvious that I've read it...of course it would have been if you had read the thread.

You said.

They may or not be Muslim, but today it seems they are inspired by those that are extremists:

And I said they weren't muslim.

I did read the thread. I also responded to a fairly obscure point sometime back in this thread, so it should be obvious that I've read it...of course it would have been if you had read the thread.

You said.

And I said they weren't muslim.

I thought the article was inferring some thread. It's not often the press comes out with Muslim extremist in articles nowadays. Seems I was correct:

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/36/242.html

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2004/35363.htm

http://www.eastandard.net/hm_news/news.php?articleid=1143970367

Hmm interesting. I don't quite know how that works because it is, or maybe just was, a religious group as well.

Hmm interesting. I don't quite know how that works because it is, or maybe just was, a religious group as well.

The newspapers are not quite 'strait up' nowadays, there is a lot left unsaid. It's wrong, but it's just how it is.

Err except that the last article seems to contradict the other two.

Waruinge, being handsome and the most eloquent, was a favourite of the media. I interviewed him for Citizen Television, when he adopted the Muslim name, Ibrahim, and donned the cap, normally worn by Muslims.

Asked why he had changed his name, Waruinge attempted to relate Mungiki’s way of doing things to that of the Muslims. He cited among other things the fact that just like the Muslim prayed facing Mecca, the sect followers prayed facing Mt Kenya.

Seems to be implying that Mungiki's "way of doing things" is a religious standard...hence seeming to be at odds with the statement that

While religion may have played a role in the formation of the Mungiki, observers believe that it is no longer a key characteristic of the group. The Mungiki do not adhere to any single religion, and members are free to choose their own religion; the group includes Muslims and Christians. The number of Mungiki members is unknown, but the group draws a significant following from the unemployed and other marginalized segments of society.

The first quote is more recent...but it seems strange that they would have religious practices...then allow people to have their own religion, and then have group-specific religious practices again.

Err except that the last article seems to contradict the other two.

Seems to be implying that Mungiki's "way of doing things" is a religious standard...hence seeming to be at odds with the statement that
not really, just Africans mixing their culture with other. Been done since the whole world started exploiting their land, then carving up the continent.
The first quote is more recent...but it seems strange that they would have religious practices...then allow people to have their own religion, and then have group-specific religious practices again.
I suppose it's like any other religion, some follow more closely than others. Without a doubt, most Muslims are not terrorists. All terrorists are not necessarily Muslims, but most looking to strike the West are.

would you think that my opinions about marine corps operations, procedures and customs were just as valid as yours?

Maybe not customs, but as a Naval officers I suspect you would have more knowledge of Operations in General and to some extent would be as knowledgable on procedures.

The only reason I would possible believe the customs part is because that is generally Service connected and learned and taught in house. Now if you were a Naval officer that had spent a lot of time with marines, I would assume you were pretty good on customs as well.

More to back up the inference, at least tangentially:

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...gov&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Explosion Rocks Central Nairobi
Sub-Saharan Africa - Kenya
June 11 2007 - BBC News

At least one person has been killed and several others injured in a blast in Kenya's capital, Nairobi, police say. Witnesses say the explosion happened outside a cafe near the Ambassador Hotel in the centre of the city.

Initial reports suggest a suicide bomber carried out the attack but this has not been confirmed.

The area has been sealed off by police and the military. The blast was close to the site of the 1998 US embassy bombing which killed 213 people.

The al-Qaeda network said it carried out that attack.

After the blast, people just started screaming and running all over

Johnson Nyaga, eyewitness

'People were screaming'
'My brush with bomber'

Monday's explosion happened at about 0800 local time (0500 GMT) outside the City Gate Restaurant.

It remains unclear if it was a suicide bomber.

One eyewitness told the BBC from hospital that he was knocked to the floor by a man running away just before the explosion.

Robert Maritim said he had been having his shoes shined near the blast and believed the man killed was a street sweeper.

Another witness said a man detonated a bomb inside the cafe. Other reports said it was a grenade blast outside.

Shop windows nearby were shattered and the area has now been cordoned off as anti-terrorist police with sniffer dogs comb the scene for further explosives.

Police later said one person had been killed and about six others injured in the blast.

Torn pieces of the Koran were found near a body outside the cafe but at this stage it is not clear if they are linked to this attack, the BBC's Karen Allen in Nairobi says.

Last week, more than 30 people were killed in Nairobi during a three-day police crackdown on suspected members of the outlawed Mungiki sect.

Forum List

Back