Zone1 Suggestion for new subforum

She was 80 when I put her in al..she refused help..she set her house on fire..she would be on the brink of death then bounce back..hospice moved in..that was weird..she had bounced back so often..when they told me she was passing..I was suspect..my nurse friend got mom's stats and told me she was really dying..she dies 3 am feb 4 2020
Just shy of her 90 th birthday..they call it the long good bye for a reason
Thank you. Did it get so bad that she didn’t know who you were? Was she still able to speak? I have so much to learn about this.

Could we have a new subforum for “Elderly Issues”? Many of us are in our 50s and 60s, with parents in their 80s and 90s, and dealing with challenges such as assisted living arrangements, dementia and other old-age health concerns, difficult personalities, massive financial expenses at this stage of life, and so forth.

Can you use the "Health and Lifestyle" forum?

My apprehension to adding more forums is that we already have so many and the admins don't want to consolidate or eliminate any of them, even the ones that are rarely used.

My apprehension to adding more forums is that we already have so many and the admins don't want to consolidate or eliminate any of them, even the ones that are rarely used.
I guess so, but the forum is so wide-sweeping that it might not attract enough interest for the specific topic of aging issues. Any thought about creating a subforum under it, such as is done with Elections?

I guess so, but the forum is so wide-sweeping that it might not attract enough interest for the specific topic of aging issues. Any thought about creating a subforum under it, such as is done with Elections?

I don't think there would be enough discussion to merit a subforum

I think it is a good idea: aging and health? With description including being caretakers for elderly parents and the challenges? :dunno:
I think that it's a good idea, that's worth a try.

My own mother is 90 years of age and lives with my wife and me, not because she really needs us, but because we want her here.

Luckily, she is still very healthy...for now, but she has already outlived my dad, all of her siblings and almost all of her friends, and often talks about how she misses all of them.

We have already prepared for the days when she inevitably begins to decline.

What if we changed the name to health and aging?

Thank you. Did it get so bad that she didn’t know who you were? Was she still able to speak? I have so much to learn about this.

if you look i have many theads on my moms decline...starting with finding out she had to be moved outta her home. it is still a hard discussion for me...i dont care how you do it you will always feel some guilt over it

if you look i have many theads on my moms decline...starting with finding out she had to be moved outta her home. it is still a hard discussion for me...i dont care how you do it you will always feel some guilt over it
Thanks.

Forum List

Back