Sugar=Cancer=Heart Disease

Thanks for posting.

I'd wager that sugar is our Number 1 killer, and has been for 50 years.
Yet our government refuses to do anything about it.
and just what do you propose the governemnt do, ban sugar?

People will eat what they want to eat and it's none of your business

I understand that line of thinking, and agree with the principle of it in most cases.
But not this time. The fact is Skull, it IS our business. Because terrible eating habits cost every single one of us a LOT in healthcare premiums. Healthcare cost would dramatically decline if people ate better. Therefore they should be paying more since they contribute to the problem so much more than those who don't.

We'll have to disagree.
No one has any right for any reason to tell anyone else how to eat, whether or not to smoke, drink, etc.

Health care is expensive because insurance companies collude with the medical industry to hide actual costs.

If people knew what all their medical care actually costed them then we could bring real market pressure to the medical industry.

We need to reject the idea that we have the right to dictate how others behave.
Americans DO NOT KNOW the health dangers of sugar. This is even admitted by some posters in this thread.

Don't try to minimize this problem.

Cut the shit.

Everyone knows that an apple is better for you than a candy bar
Everyone knows that vegetables are better for you than cakes, cookies, pies and ice cream

I understand that line of thinking, and agree with the principle of it in most cases.
But not this time. The fact is Skull, it IS our business. Because terrible eating habits cost every single one of us a LOT in healthcare premiums. Healthcare cost would dramatically decline if people ate better. Therefore they should be paying more since they contribute to the problem so much more than those who don't.

We'll have to disagree.
No one has any right for any reason to tell anyone else how to eat, whether or not to smoke, drink, etc.

Health care is expensive because insurance companies collude with the medical industry to hide actual costs.

If people knew what all their medical care actually costed them then we could bring real market pressure to the medical industry.

Americans DO NOT KNOW the health dangers of sugar. This is even admitted by some posters in this thread.

Cut the shit.

Everyone knows that vegetables are better for you than cakes, cookies, pies and ice cream
bull shit.

Read the thread and stop posting stupidity.

We'll have to disagree.

Cut the shit.

bull shit.

Regardless if you're right and I don't think you are, in reality most people already know that a sugar heavy diet is not healthy.

But it's not worth getting your panties in a twist as you seem to like to do. You have absolutely no right to dictate to anyone what they eat, drink, smoke snort etc

We'll have to disagree.

Cut the shit.

bull shit.

Regardless if you're right and I don't think you are, in reality most people already know that a sugar heavy diet is not healthy.

But it's not worth getting your panties in a twist as you seem to like to do. You have absolutely no right to dictate to anyone what they eat, drink, smoke snort etc
Good lord...go away.

We'll have to disagree.

Cut the shit.

bull shit.

Good lord...go away.

Stop whining about shit that's none of your business

Cut the shit.

bull shit.

Good lord...go away.

Stop whining abut shit you have no control over

If Americans KNOW how unhealthy sugar is, why do they consume so much of it?

I am merely exposing the corruption rampant in our central government. Why do you dislike that so much?

Cut the shit.

bull shit.

Good lord...go away.

I am merely exposing the corruption rampant in our central government. Why do you dislike that so much?

Because they want to. It really is that simple.

Why do people drink Coke for breakfast? Because they want to.

You seem to assume that everyone will do everything that is good for them just because it is good for them. You are wrong.

People in general are lazy and do not want to change. These 2 reasons are why the diet and exercise industry makes billions every year.

Ask any 10 people on the street if a Snickers bar is better for you than an apple and 10 out of 10 will say the apple is better for you.

You have absolutely no right to dictate to anyone what they eat, drink, smoke snort etc

And who is doing that?
People have every right to choose what they want to do, as long as that choice does not negatively effect other people. Especially large scale.
Despite your correct assumption that insurance/big pharma collusion with the government is a force in our healthcare cost, extremely poor eating habits dwarfs that factor.
Extremely poor eating habits has a dramatic effect on everyone's healthcare premiums.

bull shit.

Good lord...go away.

You seem to assume that everyone will do everything that is good for them just because it is good for them. You are wrong.

People in general are lazy and do not want to change. These 2 reasons are why the diet and exercise industry makes billions every year.

Ask any 10 people on the street if a Snickers bar is better for you than an apple and 10 out of 10 will say the apple is better for you.
A very high percentage of American adults smoked in 1950. Few do today. Why?

In 1950, we had doctors telling the American people smoking is good for them. Why did doctors do this?

MONEY!!!

Then...slowly the American people learned of the dangers of tobacco. The central government could no longer protect big tobacco, because the American people had become informed...so the government's racketeering operation was at an end.

I would like to see the same thing happen with sugar...because unlike you, I care about my fellow man.

You want to incentivize people to eat better and more healthy.

It has a huge beneficial trickle down affect for society as a whole

You want to incentivize people to eat better and more healthy.

It has a huge beneficial trickle down affect for society as a whole
Absolutely. Imagine the huge beneficial affects of a more healthy society.

The downside is Big HC, Big Pharma, and Big Government wouldn't be so flush with cash...not really a downside.

You have absolutely no right to dictate to anyone what they eat, drink, smoke snort etc

And who is doing that?
People have every right to choose what they want to do, as long as that choice does not negatively effect other people. Especially large scale.
Despite your correct assumption that insurance/big pharma collusion with the government is a force in our healthcare cost, extremely poor eating habits dwarfs that factor.
Extremely poor eating habits has a dramatic effect on everyone's healthcare premiums.

So you want to do what? Force people to eat they way you think they should eat?

And who is doing that?

I have a sense that you think using government force is behind this effort to reduce sugar consumption. Is that right?

Good lord...go away.

In 1950, we had doctors telling the American people smoking is good for them. Why did doctors do this?

MONEY!!!

Then...slowly the American people learned of the dangers of tobacco. The central government could no longer protect big tobacco, because the American people had become informed...so the government's racketeering operation was at an end.

I would like to see the same thing happen with sugar...because unlike you, I care about my fellow man.

Care about my fellow man. HA

You care so much that you want to tell everyone how they should live right?

When will you control freaks ever learn that what other people do is none of your fucking business?

And who is doing that?

I have a sense that you think using government force is behind this effort to reduce sugar consumption. Is that right?

You're the one who says the government does nothing about it not me.

Good lord...go away.

MONEY!!!

When will you control freaks ever learn that what other people do is none of your fucking business?
Yeah...that's what I thought.

You being a con, think everything is about government force. Sad really.

And who is doing that?

You aren't paying attention.

Government is doing much worse than nothing. They are colluding...they are running a racketeering operation the likes of which the Mafia can only dream of.

MONEY!!!

Yeah...that's what I thought.

You being a con, think everything is about government force. Sad really.

I'm not a con. I have never been arrested.

And you're the one in your very second post said and I quote

And now you say you don't want government to do anything about it?

And who is doing that?

You aren't paying attention.

Government is doing much worse than nothing. They are colluding...they are running a racketeering operation the likes of which the Mafia can only dream of.

You didn't leave it at that you said the government wasn't doing anything about it. Don't try to deny it

And who is doing that?

Nope.
Never said that.
They should pay more for that food to offset the cost to society for that choice.

Forum List

Back