Introverts don't hate people, they hate shallow socializing.

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
As an introvert, it’s my natural tendency to always want every interaction to be about establishing a deep connection, but that can put too much pressure on the average casual conversation. Sometimes it’s just about staying in practice with my (albeit limited) people skills until the day when someone suddenly wants to talk about their dreams and goals and all the things that makes them tick. It’s impossible to know where a conversation will lead unless you try

I think a lot of people online are introverts.

Introverts Don’t Hate People, They Hate Shallow Socializing

th

Define shallow socializing.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Pretty sure I hate people but for the two times a year I drink.

As an introvert, it’s my natural tendency to always want every interaction to be about establishing a deep connection, but that can put too much pressure on the average casual conversation. Sometimes it’s just about staying in practice with my (albeit limited) people skills until the day when someone suddenly wants to talk about their dreams and goals and all the things that makes them tick. It’s impossible to know where a conversation will lead unless you try

I'm not sure introverts would cotton to the shallow socializing of the internet! Seriously though, introverts are simply wired differently than extroverts. Socializing drains introverts, while socializing energizes extroverts. Therefore, an introvert chooses their socializing more carefully because they know they'll be drained. A good read: The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney.

I think that is why i like being online. I think I have a lot of pretty deep conversations on a variety of topics from religion to politics that I would never have in real life sitting a ball game or seeing other people socially. Most people dont' want to talk about that stuff.

Sometimes socializing can give me the weird...what the fu*k for....feeling.....when Im surrounded by just small talk.

It's cool when you can sense the same feeling in another person in the room though, because it leads to the most ridiculous comments imaginable between the two of you....a kind of friendly giggle at the same ol same ol....so instead of blah, ya say extreme stuff. Those are captivating conversations, because most people have some unique creativity and can say some intriguing things.

There's probably a swing within each person....back and forth...between the levels they want to socialize and not....but we spend most of the time in our predispositioned demeanor.

Sometimes socializing can give me the weird...what the fu*k for....feeling.....when Im surrounded by just small talk.

It's cool when you can sense the same feeling in another person in the room though, because it leads to the most ridiculous comments imaginable between the two of you....a kind of friendly giggle at the same ol same ol....so instead of blah, ya say extreme stuff. Those are captivating conversations, because most people have some unique creativity and can say some intriguing things.

There's probably a swing within each person....back and forth...between the levels they want to socialize and not....but we spend most of the time in our predispositioned demeanor.

The investigators at the job I used to work at invited me to the bar Friday night to hang out. But I can't due to social anxiety and I don't drink anymore.
I am more of a one or two friends get together and have coffee meetup.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

The investigators at the job I used to work at invited me to the bar Friday night to hang out. But I can't due to social anxiety and I don't drink anymore.
I lean that way most nights. Not all ~ but I get this overwhelming rush of madness when everyone is shoulder to shoulder....musics too loud, and everyone is drunk and screaming.

There is this piss drunk look and wobble that some dudes get that looks downright evil....and I just get the urge to bitch smack them. I dont "wanna" feel that way.

I lean that way most nights. Not all ~ but I get this overwhelming rush of madness when everyone is shoulder to shoulder....musics too loud, and everyone is drunk and screaming.

There is this piss drunk look and wobble that some dudes get that looks downright evil....and I just get the urge to bitch smack them. I dont "wanna" feel that way.

I liked drinking alone or if there was just a small group at a house. Bars sucked. I mostly drank with my family.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

I liked drinking alone or if there was just a small group at a house. Bars sucked. I mostly drank with my family.
I totally rock that way. Im usually the host, too when we do small get togethers. Cuz....i wanna be comfy in my own lil habitat. Plus if I get that anxious tickle down my spine like.....I can find something to change my mind.

I totally rock that way. Im usually the host, too when we do small get togethers. Cuz....i wanna be comfy in my own lil habitat. Plus if I get that anxious tickle down my spine like.....I can find something to change my mind.

I've made a couple of friends from work and I am trying to branch out but it has to be in smaller groups and in places I am comfortable with.

Did you ever see that movie sling blade? There' s a scene where the drunk guy Doyle invites all his friends over for "a jam" and then as he gets drunker he wants them to leave and throws them all the fuck out. That's how my family was when we partied. :lol:

I've made a couple of friends from work and I am trying to branch out but it has to be in smaller groups and in places I am comfortable with.

Did you ever see that movie sling blade? There' s a scene where the drunk guy Doyle invites all his friends over for "a jam" and then as he gets drunker he wants them to leave and throws them all the fuck out. That's how my family was when we partied. :lol:
Thats hilarious.

Whats it ultimately mean to feel less social....than a "butterfly" or extrovert...do you think??

I think different people have their reasons and maybe being introverted is just a happenstance.

Some days I feel like an alien.

Some days I wanna hug everyone.

I think Im fucked up

Thats hilarious.

Whats it ultimately mean to feel less social....than a "butterfly" or extrovert...do you think??

I think different people have their reasons and maybe being introverted is just a happenstance.

I think Im fucked up

Introverts aren't shy necessarily. Introverts enjoy company from time to time. They just need alone time to recharge. Extroverts recharge by being in a crowd. Supposedly the world is filled with a majority of extroverts. I've always needed alone time. I don't know how to explain that.

Thats hilarious.

I think Im fucked up

Introverts aren't shy necessarily. Introverts enjoy company from time to time. They just need alone time to recharge. Extroverts recharge by being in a crowd. Supposedly the world is filled with a majority of extroverts. I've always needed alone time. I don't know how to explain that.
What kind of sucks to me is having a good look at yourself and becoming familiar with all of the ups and downs of how you personally operate ~ and being deeply honest with yourself about it .... and then going ahead and devoting the time and effort to get some insight from (for me personally..i like creative or goofy/different folks)....

only to be told what you ultimately already knew ~

then you're left feeling like the gorgeous mystique of the world is too hard to find.

or it takes too long

or ya dont know how.

lol but this is just Thursdays thoughts for me.

Tomorrow ill be totally into hugs.

Thats hilarious.

I think Im fucked up

What kind of sucks to me is having a good look at yourself and becoming familiar with all of the ups and downs of how you personally operate ~ and being deeply honest with yourself about it .... and then going ahead and devoting the time and effort to get some insight from (for me personally..i like creative or goofy/different folks)....

only to be told what you ultimately already knew ~

then you're left feeling like the gorgeous mystique of the world is too hard to find.

or it takes too long

or ya dont know how.

lol but this is just Thursdays thoughts for me.

Tomorrow ill be totally into hugs.

I have been isolated for such a long time that I found integrating back into society was quite an adjustment. Reality is so weird probably why I hide from it from time to time.

I mean, i hate shallow socializing. But, most people are pretty irritating too! lol

INTJ here.

Anyone else INTJ? Speaketh up. Show thyself.

Last edited:

True that! I have no interest in talking about shopping, nails, the weather.... let's talk about how the mind works!

Forum List

Back