Subway: Shittiest Place Ever

Subway stores are a franchise. I've had cold fries at McDs, I'm sure that wasn't according to specs too.
yes, but did you condemn ALL McD's because of some cold fries?

People are making shit up about the quality of Subway. I question their motives for doing so. I think it has more to do with the fact that they don't get served meals that are 4 or 5 servings based upon a single serving standard.

Today, you go to any restaurant and order a meal and you'll get 4 and 5 times the recommended serving size (particularly on the entree).

This, among other things, are the reasons Americans are getting so fat.
No, I condemn all McDs because it's shit food. I don't expect quality food but go several times a year. And always regret it. But I'd rather go there than Subway, I don't think it's much healthier if at all and I don't like not seeing the tired veggies to pick. I don't even know what all they have.

My guess is the margins are razor thin, the prices are set by the franchise and states are demanding $15hr. for employees.

Subway stores are a franchise. I've had cold fries at McDs, I'm sure that wasn't according to specs too.

People are making shit up about the quality of Subway. I question their motives for doing so. I think it has more to do with the fact that they don't get served meals that are 4 or 5 servings based upon a single serving standard.

Today, you go to any restaurant and order a meal and you'll get 4 and 5 times the recommended serving size (particularly on the entree).

No, I condemn all McDs because it's shit food. I don't expect quality food but go several times a year. And always regret it. But I'd rather go there than Subway, I don't think it's much healthier if at all and I don't like not seeing the tired veggies to pick. I don't even know what all they have.

My guess is the margins are razor thin, the prices are set by the franchise and states are demanding $15hr. for employees.
The margins ARE razor thin, however, I've never seen any subway with veggies that look as you describe them.

The worst I've ever seen their food look was the seafood salad when some idiot (yeah, another millennial) left the food scooper in the pan.

I'm not going to claim that Subway food is healthy. It's just healthier than 85% of the rest of the fast food industry and a lot healthier than many sit down restaurants.

The healthiest food you'll ever have is the food that is prepared and cooke in your own kitchen. Hands down.

The margins ARE razor thin, however, I've never seen any subway with veggies that look as you describe them.

The worst I've ever seen their food look was the seafood salad when some idiot (yeah, another millennial) left the food scooper in the pan.

I'm not going to claim that Subway food is healthy. It's just healthier than 85% of the rest of the fast food industry and a healthier than many sit down restaurants.

The healthiest food you'll ever have is the food that is prepared and cooke in your own kitchen. Hands down.
I rarely eat out and almost always regret it when I do. Went to an "authentic" Mexican taco place and they had ground beef! You seem like you have skin in the game?

I'm not going to claim that Subway food is healthy. It's just healthier than 85% of the rest of the fast food industry and a healthier than many sit down restaurants.

I rarely eat out and almost always regret it when I do. Went to an "authentic" Mexican taco place and they had ground beef! You seem like you have skin in the game?
For ground beef as taco meat? LOL....Just kidding.

I don't eat at Subway. Not because of the quality, but because of the frequency when My wife first started there as a "sandwich artist". Yeah, we both roll our eyes at that one. There is only so much of "anything" anyone can eat. So, I eat there maybe once a month, but more like once every two months.

We actually have started a hydroponics garden and we're growing most of our own food.

make your own sandwich and bring it to work for lunch
You'll save money, know what you're eating and have a better sandwich

People have this crazy notion that Subway is healthy. Granted, it is better than eating fried shit and fast food, which will absolutely kill you. But it is not healthy. Rather, there is an absence of unhealthy elements in some Subway choices. This is the best that can be said for Subway.

Subway is gross, and most of the time the people who work in Subway are more gross. People with exposed tats, piercings and unnatural hair coloring are not the people I want touching my food, plastic gloves or not. These are scuzzy fuckers.

I once went to a local Scuzzway to pickup lunch and the loser tried putting gray meat on my sandwich. Gray. It was gray. I told him I was not going to eat that. So he dug around under the gray meat for some meat that was less gray. I asked to see a manager and he said that he was the manager. So, I just left. Is this representative of all Fuckways? No, not all. But it is representative of a certain percent of them.

One popular sandwich is the chicken sandwich. Turns out that only around 50% of the material they claim is chicken is actually, in fact, chicken. So, what is the other 50%?

Study finds Subway's chicken only contains about 50 percent chicken DNA

Finally, the assholes who go there can be completely fucking disgusting. Who in the hell puts jalapeño peppers, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, and extra ranch dressing on a Fucking ham sandwich? I will tell you who: negroes! Every last one of them order the grossest, sloppiest shit imaginable.

To summarize: Subway's food sucks. Nobody should eat there. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So, if there is an absence of unhealthy in Subway choices, that means they are healthy choices.

I'm not sure I can trust a thing you say just based on that alone.

That's ok. You are just not a particularly nuanced person. I envy that in a way.

I see a very clear difference between healthy and not unhealthy. Granted, it seemingly defies simple logic. But I developed along the normal schedule and tend to be more critical than just simple logic will allow for. Look at it this way:

Fried food: not healthy because it hardens arteries, among other things

Raw Spinach: Healthy because it provides necessary nutrition

Ice berg lettuce: not healthy yet not unhealthy; it's only health benefit is the fiber it contains; it has no nutritional value

Now, take the point and roll with it rather than look like a total ass. Use your head. Think!

Learn the fucking language.

If there is an absence of unhealthy, what does that mean to you? That it is unhealthy? Do you know what the word "absence' means? Here, let Me help you.

ab·sence
ˈabsəns/
noun
  1. the state of being away from a place or person.
    "the letter had arrived during his absence"
    synonyms: nonattendance, nonappearance, absenteeism; More
    • an occasion or period of being away from a place or person.
      plural noun: absences
      "repeated absences from school"
    • the nonexistence or lack of.
      "she found his total absence of facial expression disconcerting"
      synonyms: lack, want, nonexistence, unavailability, deficiency, dearth;
      need
      "the absence of suitable candidates"

Now look at the last line.

The absence of suitable candidates. This means that there were no suitable candiates.

If a food lacks unhealthy substances, then that means that the "unhealthy" is not there.

Sheesh......

Say goodnight gracie because I'm done with you.
I gave you an explanation. I truly am sorry that you are too dense to understand it.

People have this crazy notion that Subway is healthy. Granted, it is better than eating fried shit and fast food, which will absolutely kill you. But it is not healthy. Rather, there is an absence of unhealthy elements in some Subway choices. This is the best that can be said for Subway.

Subway is gross, and most of the time the people who work in Subway are more gross. People with exposed tats, piercings and unnatural hair coloring are not the people I want touching my food, plastic gloves or not. These are scuzzy fuckers.

I once went to a local Scuzzway to pickup lunch and the loser tried putting gray meat on my sandwich. Gray. It was gray. I told him I was not going to eat that. So he dug around under the gray meat for some meat that was less gray. I asked to see a manager and he said that he was the manager. So, I just left. Is this representative of all Fuckways? No, not all. But it is representative of a certain percent of them.

One popular sandwich is the chicken sandwich. Turns out that only around 50% of the material they claim is chicken is actually, in fact, chicken. So, what is the other 50%?

Finally, the assholes who go there can be completely fucking disgusting. Who in the hell puts jalapeño peppers, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, and extra ranch dressing on a Fucking ham sandwich? I will tell you who: negroes! Every last one of them order the grossest, sloppiest shit imaginable.

When I go to Subway I always look at the meats first to be sure I don't choose one that is old and rotten.

You gotta be careful about that at Subway.

Same with the vegies -- if they don't look fresh then don't ask for them.

Their bread is trickier. It is better to go after the lunch hour rush because by then they will have sold all the prior day's old bread and started baking new bread for the day.

Ya' jus' gotta be more savvy when you eat there, is all !!
None of what you just said here is true.

The meat and sauces are dated, meaning that they put a date on them for when they have to be thrown out. Most of the vegetables (particularly the tomatoes) are cut fresh either that day or the day prior.

The bread is tossed out if it is a specific number of hours old (this is problem for slow stores, but busy ones don't have that problem)

I have found that those who claim Subway sucks is because they don't make four serving subs and follow a strict protein formula for their sandwiches. Of course, the vast majority of American customers think that for 6 dollars, they should have 4 pounds of meat and free bread.

If you don't like Subway, then just say you don't. Why make shit up about them?

Obviously this clown is an employee of the month at Subway. View attachment 115115

Stupid ass.

My wife runs 6 Subway restaurants. I'll take her word for the quality of the product way before your uneducated ass.

Get a refund on your composition classes.

Goodnight.
You are, therefore, prejudiced on this matter. Your opinion is not objective and is pretty much worthless.

I question YOUR motives for defending that shit hole. Oh yeah, your household income depends on pushing that shit onto others.

I'm not going to claim that Subway food is healthy. It's just healthier than 85% of the rest of the fast food industry and a lot healthier than many sit down restaurants.

Home prepared, real unprocessed food is by and far healthier than what you get prepared out somewhere. I totally agree with that.

i don't mind cold cuts.

i don't mind cold cuts.
Me either, except when the meat is gray.

When I go to Subway I always look at the meats first to be sure I don't choose one that is old and rotten.

Their bread is trickier. It is better to go after the lunch hour rush because by then they will have sold all the prior day's old bread and started baking new bread for the day.

The meat and sauces are dated, meaning that they put a date on them for when they have to be thrown out. Most of the vegetables (particularly the tomatoes) are cut fresh either that day or the day prior.

The bread is tossed out if it is a specific number of hours old (this is problem for slow stores, but busy ones don't have that problem)

I have found that those who claim Subway sucks is because they don't make four serving subs and follow a strict protein formula for their sandwiches. Of course, the vast majority of American customers think that for 6 dollars, they should have 4 pounds of meat and free bread.

Obviously this clown is an employee of the month at Subway. View attachment 115115

Stupid ass.

My wife runs 6 Subway restaurants. I'll take her word for the quality of the product way before your uneducated ass.

Goodnight.
That explains your stance.

Ask your wife to give me one good reason to try them again.

They are food snobs more than likely. They probably hate everything that isn't trendy.

Stupid ass.

Goodnight.
That explains your stance.

Ask your wife to give me one good reason to try them again.
THEY won't even eat that crap.

No, I condemn all McDs because it's shit food. I don't expect quality food but go several times a year. And always regret it. But I'd rather go there than Subway, I don't think it's much healthier if at all and I don't like not seeing the tired veggies to pick. I don't even know what all they have.....

Don't know what they have? Aren't they all right there? Maybe it has changed - been a long time since I resorted to FF.

If you cook with your hands down, you're going to hurt yourself.

No, I condemn all McDs because it's shit food. I don't expect quality food but go several times a year. And always regret it. But I'd rather go there than Subway, I don't think it's much healthier if at all and I don't like not seeing the tired veggies to pick. I don't even know what all they have.....

Don't know what they have? Aren't they all right there? Maybe it has changed - been a long time since I resorted to FF.
I very seldom do ff myself but instead of clear lids they are using translucent ones. You can see green or red but that's about it. You gotta keep an eye on it when they pop the lids off.

Togo's has been springing up in California and Arizona and spreading across the West.

These guys/gals have very good sandwiches better than Subway's.

Forum List

Back