Study: Over Half College Students Set iPods Too Loud

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Modbert, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Study: Over Half College Students Set iPods Too Loud - Buying Home Computer | Business Solution | Networking Home Computers - FOXNews.com

I tried to watch a video on this but for some reason I couldn't hear it. :eusa_eh:

2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    The other half set it too quiet...so it all evens out.

3. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    There was actually only one person in the library today who had their ipod too loud. Some crappy rap music too. :lol:

4. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I can vouch for that and they really like to do it in the library especially during finals week.

5. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    So far it hasn't been too bad here I have to say. Least no one in class does it or anything. :lol:

6. Elutherian

Elutherian BadMother****er

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Well it's no wonder they ain't learning anything.

They shouldn't even have those things in class... or the cell phones either. And for all the "But what if there's an emergency?" people. When I went to school, if there was an emergency, we could all use the one phone in the office. Don't tell me you need your cell phone during class! That's bullshit right there!

7. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I have one prof who gave us a five minute lecture about using your cell phones and Ipods in class. In the library it is fair game. I don't think they should not allow you to have them but they should lay out some ground rules. I hate when some asshole in the desk next to me decides to have a ten minute conversation loud enough for everyone to hear.

8. Modbert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Same, I usually take my conversations outside or end them after a minute or two.

I don't use ipods or cell phones in class. Bunch of people use their laptop and screw around on that though. :lol:

9. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    What did you say??? I cant hear you... :lol:

Seriously- I believe this study. I am 32, female, and I like to walk for exercise. I follow a specific route, the safest, most well lit, with the heaviest traffic, but not a specific walking time every night- to be safe- anyways- This year, I started really getting that ringing in my ears..

I turned my MP3 down a bit..which has helped somewhat, but I wish that there was a place where you could gauge how loud (decibels) your music is..

Any insight? I need a hearing test for sure- I know where to get those, but I am procrastinating, because Im only friggin 32.. plus I got punched in the head a bunch of times in January, (I of course left the asshole, lol) so at first I thought it was permanent damage, since at first it lasted like 3-4 weeks AND REALLY bad. Then it got better, then worse, then better, and so on. Ugh.

Sorry- its a good thread- I am sincerely hoping that someone on here can provide some resource or advice on how to even begin looking for someone who can provide such a service. Thanks in advance, if you do respond. ;-)

10. AshyB

AshyB Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I work for a hearing health charity in the UK. We have been campaigning for more information in the public domain regarding personal music devices, including MP3 players for a number of years now.

We feel if you love music you want t be able to enjoy it for as long as possible.

If you want to find out more information about how to listen to music while protecting your hearing at the same time have a look at our website. I can't post urls but if you are interested you can search for Don't Lose the Music.

We also have a free hearing check online. We want people to regularly check their hearing as they do with their eyesight and address a problem if they find there is one. You can check it for free on our homepage just search for RNID.

Let me know how you get on

Ash