Cool or Scary?

OP: The implications of this advancement are actually quite awesome. I can think of a thousand and one ways to utilize this without even trying.

that is the best thing about living on the left coast, we say things the way they are suppose to be said. :badgrin:

OP: The implications of this advancement are actually quite awesome. I can think of a thousand and one ways to utilize this without even trying.
It appears to need a tether. I could see more uses for it if it were controllable while unencumbered by strings to its master.

Nanotechnology may produce radios small enough to do this without the umbilical but there would be limitations imposed by rf interferences.

Radioman will likely agree.

It appears to need a tether. I could see more uses for it if it were controllable while unencumbered by strings to its master.

Nanotechnology may produce radios small enough to do this without the umbilical but there would be limitations imposed by rf interferences.

Mayhaps. We shall see, true nanotech is lightyears away though.

Huh? We humans make working motors now with shafts smaller than human hair. If you're talking getting down to a wire of diameter equal to a single atom of gold, I'd say yes, we're light years away. We already have radio receivers that would easily fit into the robot shown in the video. Getting clean reliable signals to them might be a problem.

Huh? We humans make working motors now with shafts smaller than human hair. If you're talking getting down to a wire of diameter equal to a single atom of gold, I'd say yes, we're light years away. We already have radio receivers that would easily fit into the robot shown in the video. Getting clean reliable signals to them might be a problem.

Nenotech is nothing until it's functional and economical ... that's when technology truly becomes viable.

Nenotech is nothing until it's functional and economical ... that's when technology truly becomes viable.
Untrue, I think. The technology required to achieve viability of other technologies should not be dismissed as "nothing" simply because of its expense and intended temporary use as a stepping stone to success.

I agree with everyone.

I'm just that kinda guy.

Nanotech is one of the most fascinating developements in my lifetime. Rivaling computers and biotech. Here is where one can get a lot more information and even links to current developments;

Nanotechnology

Forum List

Back