Synthetic tree gobbles carbon 1,000 times faster than the real thing

R

rdean

Synthetic tree gobbles carbon 1,000 times faster than the real thing | R&D Mag

Trees are great absorbers of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and inhibitors of climate change—that's why treehuggers hug them so much. But leave it to humanity to engineer a better tree. A synthetic tree, currently being tested as a prototype, ensnares carbon about 1,000 times faster than a real tree.

------------

I like the part where the collected carbon is used to grow food.

Trees are great absorbers of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and inhibitors of climate change—that's why treehuggers hug them so much. But leave it to humanity to engineer a better tree. A synthetic tree, currently being tested as a prototype, ensnares carbon about 1,000 times faster than a real tree.

------------

Now if we can just get it to gobble up All Whore then I would really be impressed.

Last edited:

------------

Now if we can just get it to gobble up All Wore then I would really be impressed.

Now if we can get the braindead to realize that Gore merely delivered the message that the scientists were trying to deliver, we will have made some major progress.

------------

Now if we can just get it to gobble up All Wore then I would really be impressed.

Now if we can get the braindead to realize that Gore merely delivered the message that the scientists were trying to deliver, we will have made some major progress.

A message that has been shown to be overblown. There has been no warming since 1998. The scientists over reacted to a small change in the earth over a 15 year period and CONTINUE to do so.

If as claimed CO2 is heating the earth why did it stop in 1998? CO2 has risen since 1998 yet no increase in temperature.

------------

You know, I was trying to figure out if he meant, Al Gore or All War.

Are you sure you had that right?

Immie

Immie

Must be Al Gore. "All War" obviously refers to Republicans. They need someplace to send their boys off to become "men" away from those tempting gays.

Carbon is a good thing for the environment. It's the god damn building block of life! The more carbon, the more heat, the better for life all over the planet.

Immie

Must be Al Gore. "All War" obviously refers to Republicans. They need someplace to send their boys off to become "men" away from those tempting gays.

I thought maybe he was gunning for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize. I hear they come pretty cheap these days.

/duck

Carbon is a good thing for the environment. It's the god damn building block of life! The more carbon, the more heat, the better for life all over the planet.

Wonder what would happen if this "synthetic tree" gobbled up all the carbon in the atmosphere. What would that do for our environment?

Immie

------------

Speaking of brain dead, go buy some more carbon credits.

Immie

I know that the majority of your post are inane at best but :eusa_eh:

Great.

The "emergency" of anthropogenic gullible warming is solved.

Next contrived crisis, anyone??

Immie

I thought maybe he was gunning for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize. I hear they come pretty cheap these days.

/duck

Wonder what would happen if this "synthetic tree" gobbled up all the carbon in the atmosphere. What would that do for our environment?

Immie

We have had a couple of period in geological time where the CO2 went way low.
Volcanic shutdown may have led to 'snowball Earth' - environment - 09 May 2009 - New Scientist

Volcanic shutdown may have led to 'snowball Earth'
09 May 2009 by David Shiga
Magazine issue 2707
A 250-million-year shutdown of volcanic activity which is thought to have occurred early in Earth's history may be what turned the planet into a glacier-covered snowball. It could also have helped give rise to our oxygen-rich atmosphere.

Previous studies have noted that very little volcanic material has been dated to between 2.45 and 2.2 billion years ago, but it was widely assumed the gap would vanish as more samples were dated. Now an analysis of thousands of zircon minerals collected from all seven continents indicates that the gap may be real after all. Zircons provide a record of past volcanic activity, as the date they were formed can be calculated from the radioactive isotopes they contain.

The failure of so many samples from all over the world to fill the gap suggests there was a major slowdown in the planet's volcanic activity during this period, says Kent Condie ...

Damned right! Let's all move to Venus.

On Earth, atmospheric CO2 is known as a rounding error...a trace element, there's more Argon than CO2

However, argon is not a greenhouse gas.

The differance between and inter-glacial period, and an ice age is the differance between 180 ppm of CO2, and 280 ppm of CO2. But we have pushed the level of CO2 up to 390 ppm. Because of the inertia in the system, we have yet to feel the impact of that number.

Damned right! Let's all move to Venus.

On Earth, atmospheric CO2 is known as a rounding error...a trace element, there's more Argon than CO2

However, argon is not a greenhouse gas.

The differance between and inter-glacial period, and an ice age is the differance between 180 ppm of CO2, and 280 ppm of CO2. But we have pushed the level of CO2 up to 390 ppm. Because of the inertia in the system, we have yet to feel the impact of that number.

You know "ppm" means parts per million, right?

We pushed it up to 390...LOL

Forum List

Back