Study: Firstborn children are smarter than their younger siblings

The study is inaccurate- or the OP is not reading well to gain traction for the hyperbole- from the link: According to a study published in the Journal of Human Resources, firstborn children may have better thinking skills than their siblings because they received more mental stimulation during their early stages of development.

That's not true. "Smart" is a term different for different children.

Intellectually, measurements taken in the 10th grade may not support this thesis.

Some kids are smarter than others about wrapping adults around their little finger. Boys are not successful at winning Dad's approval unless they do as he wants them to. Some want a sports champ. Some want a mathematical genius. Some want a good-looker who wins the hand of the prettiest girl in school. Each type--sports winner, intellectual genius, chick magnet--has a different kind of "smarts."

Girls have the same competitive requirements--different in each family.

I'm not certain this is applicable to Trump's children. He's a pretty bright man with an i.q. that is very high and highly disputed by Trump haters who blather on and on about how stupid their political opponents must be. :rolleyes:

I don't know who the heck came up with that crock of bubba sticky, but I appreciate them letting us know how far their brain train doesn't travel, dear Lord forgive me if I am over the line in any way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl with one older sibling and a half younger sibling)

Is this an intentional illustration of how freaking desperate the crazy radical left has become? USA Today blog site finds an archaic essay from the relatively unknown "Journal of Human Resources" which was based on data compiled in Scotland and Australia to use as a political tool in a quantum (laughable) attempt to draw some sort of conclusion about President Trump's rank among his siblings. The freaking nut cases are out in force.

Forum List

Back