Study: Electric cars no greener than gasoline vehicles

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Interesting stuff, I think we should be moving to natural gas and investing in super capacitors for electric cards. Batteries, too expensive and too much environmental damage, in my opinion.

BERKELEY, Calif., July 1 (UPI) -- Electric cars, despite their supposed green credentials, are among the environmentally dirtiest transportation options, a U.S. researcher suggests.

Writing in the journal IEEE Spectrum, researcher Ozzie Zehner says electric cars lead to hidden environmental and health damages and are likely more harmful than gasoline cars and other transportation options.

Read more: Switching to electric cars said like switching cigarette brands - UPI.com

This has been known for a while...

The manufacture, maintenance, etc of the cars, batteries, etc are worse polluters.. plus they have to use existing power sources...
And the fact that cars now are far less polluting than ever

But the enviro-nazis will still preach at the pulpit of the electric or hybrid vehicle

The conservative dream America...

smog.jpg

The title of the article is "Study: Electric cars no greener than gasoline vehicles"

Yet, the link provided contains no study. Why is that?

Not only is there no actual study, there isn't a single piece of data or fact presented in the entire article. This doesn't matter to any of you?

smog.jpg

yes--only conservatives drive cars :eusa_hand:

No, but only conservatives want to castrate the EPA, lower environmental standards, fight any move to clean energy and reward polluters with more subsidies.

The real irony; you CLAIM that liberals are communists, but your vision of America looks EXACTLY the same as Russia...

moscow_pollution-15.jpg

smog.jpg

No, but only conservatives want to castrate the EPA, lower environmental standards, fight any move to clean energy and reward polluters with more subsidies.

The real irony; you CLAIM that liberals are communists, but your vision of America looks EXACTLY the same as Russia...

moscow_pollution-15.jpg

more fog.

smog.jpg

moscow_pollution-15.jpg

Only problem is that you lie---I know of no one who has a vision like that for America. It's just old fashioned political mud slinging.

Beware of researchers named "Ozzie".
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

I happen to think the VOLT is an AWESOME automobile. It probably should have been marketed as a Cadillac because of it's sticker price. It's remarkably quick, 8 airbags, KILLER Bose sound system, and if kept within it's e-range can recoup it's price by avoiding gas stations. And if you must travel long distances, it has a 400 mile range with it's gas motor charging the electric-traction motor. It makes the Nissan Leaf look like a golf cart.

Last edited:

smog.jpg

Nice deflections. Now, will consider actually responding to the OP where political bullshit WAS NOT ADDRESSED but rather the research that electric cars do NOT help pollution was.

Nice deflections. Now, will consider actually responding to the OP where political bullshit WAS NOT ADDRESSED but rather the research that electric cars do NOT help pollution was.

What research? Please point out the research presented in the article.

moscow_pollution-15.jpg

more fog.

Your tiny little brain is in a fog....

People don't wear breathing protection from FOG...

160136118.jpg

moscow_pollution-15.jpg

more fog.

160136118.jpg

I see chinese people in flushing wearing masks on a cold winter day with zero air pollution.

Show me the report of the day with the air conditions and pollutant index then i will concede those shots are indeed of smog.

What research? Please point out the research presented in the article.

Unclean at Any Speed - IEEE Spectrum

You have to be smarter than the computer you sit at. Seems the error in the report sits between your chair and monitor.

smog.jpg

The liberal response to a non-political post...lies.

Your response is so off topic and so ridicules it really makes me wonder how low a low information voter can go.

Last edited:
It seems to me that this "study" really isn't a "study" at all. It's a statement of opinion. And there's no evidence presented to support that opinion.

And all these people who are flocking to the pavilion to drink this Kool-Aid, are the same ones who line up behind an oil company's geologist to say the "science" is uncertain on anthropogenic climate change.

When the real science doesn't support your position, I'd suggest changing your position rather than trying to change the science. I'm not saying science can't be wrong - it can (and has been in the past). I am suggesting that you base your actions on the best information available and be ready to change course when better information becomes available.

I think it's a better way to make decisions than stuffing your fingers in your ears and humming loudly.

Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:

160136118.jpg

I see chinese people in flushing wearing masks on a cold winter day with zero air pollution.

Show me the report of the day with the air conditions and pollutant index then i will concede those shots are indeed of smog.

zqf0B6u.png

u0WIFBo.png

BBC NEWS | Europe | Report outlines Russia's deadly pollution

Yes russia has pollution, but that doesnt tie the picture to a smog event. Got data for the day in question?

Forum List

Back