Student goes on shooting spree on University of Texas campus

Is it really a post when the poster is so moronic he gets his facts wrong.
Go read the story, genius.

No one besides the gunman was injured Tuesday on the UT-Austin campus. But police say 19-year-old Colton Tooley fired shots with an AK-47 assault rifle, then went into a library and shot himself to death.

define:Shooting spree - Google Search

A spree killer is someone who embarks on a murderous assault on his or her victims (two or more) in a short time in multiple locations. The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics defines a spree killing as "killings at two or more locations with almost no time break between murders. ...

Any other ways you wish to embarrass yourself this evening?

:lol:

Can't even to that...the NFA constrains sales to only weapons that are not "easily convertible".

I would need a machine shop and blueprints to convert my AR-15 to fully automatic...there is no space for the seer...so it's not a "drop in and go" like some would have you believe.

It would take a good gunsmith and a sizable metal shop...and anyone who had the expertise and the equipment could build a machine gun from scratch.

So? Pay a gunsmith to do it:

Price = $11.99

Want to know how to convert AK47 rifle to full auto? This is the manual you need! This AK47 conversion manual has 29 pages.

ak47-conversion-manualbig.jpg

No gunsmith is going to do that.
Other than 30 years in jail and $50,000 in fines, what is a full auto conversion going to do for you?

Who cares? Maybe I just like a fuully automatic AK47 to carry in my H3 Humvee that has a custom Red and yellow paint job, because those are my favorite colors.

Is there a law against gunsmithing?

How would it be enforced?

Is it really a shooting spree when the person doesn't harm anyone else and only kills themselves?

Whitman was a shooting spree. A very deliberate and planned shooting spree. That guy set the standard for all shooting sprees that followed.

Whitman was a shooting spree. A very deliberate and planned shooting spree. That guy set the standard for all shooting sprees that followed.

Well that was. I was referring to what happened today though.

Yes, you gotta buy the automatic conversion kit for $19.99.

Not that I would......oh, shit.....

:oops:.

.....the helicopthers are landing in my front yard

:lol:

Can't even to that...the NFA constrains sales to only weapons that are not "easily convertible".

I would need a machine shop and blueprints to convert my AR-15 to fully automatic...there is no space for the seer...so it's not a "drop in and go" like some would have you believe.

It would take a good gunsmith and a sizable metal shop...and anyone who had the expertise and the equipment could build a machine gun from scratch.

So? Pay a gunsmith to do it:

Price = $11.99

Want to know how to convert AK47 rifle to full auto? This is the manual you need! This AK47 conversion manual has 29 pages.

ak47-conversion-manualbig.jpg

If it takes a 29 page manual to describe how to do the conversion, it's not simple. Also, the conversion kit isn't $19.99 (or $11.99) as you stated. That's just the lengthy instructions on how to rebuild the firing mechanism.

That takes materials, tools, and expertise. Any idiot can think it's simple, a little knowledge and perhaps practice shows that it's actually difficult to manufacture a custom part to within a 25th of an inch tolerance.

No gunsmith is going to do that.
Other than 30 years in jail and $50,000 in fines, what is a full auto conversion going to do for you?

Get you arrested the first time anyone hears you fire it.

Remember that guy who was convicted when his AR accidentally fired two rounds at a time.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Who's going to hear it on my 200 acre ranch in WY?

Anyone within a couple of miles. You've never been hunting?

AKs are legal.

Really, FUCK me I am pro guns and even I think that is INSANE.

You are aware that in 33 States it is perfectly legal to own fully automatic weapons, right? All it takes is a Federal license for each weapon.

The vast majority of AK-47's in the US are semi automatic with no automatic sear. Just like the none military M-16 clones.

The AK-47s and 74s sold in the USA are not fully automatic...they are semi-automatic...no different than a glock 9mm, 1911 or any other semi-automatic pistol. Just a longer barrel and a shoulder stock.

Automatic weapons are HIGHLY regulated in the US. See the National Firearms Act of 1934.

National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Need a Federal License to buy said converter kit and it is only legal in 33 States. As in HIGHLY regulated.

The AK-47s and 74s sold in the USA are not fully automatic...they are semi-automatic...no different than a glock 9mm, 1911 or any other semi-automatic pistol. Just a longer barrel and a shoulder stock.

Automatic weapons are HIGHLY regulated in the US. See the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Need a Federal License to buy said converter kit and it is only legal in 33 States. As in HIGHLY regulated.

There is no license for such a thing. All full autos legal for transfer were made before July 1986.

No one besides the gunman was injured Tuesday on the UT-Austin campus. But police say 19-year-old Colton Tooley fired shots with an AK-47 assault rifle, then went into a library and shot himself to death.

A spree killer is someone who embarks on a murderous assault on his or her victims (two or more) in a short time in multiple locations. The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics defines a spree killing as "killings at two or more locations with almost no time break between murders. ...

Yes, by responding to an ignorant fool like you.
He went shooting. That's a shooting spree. What you describe is a killing spree.
Sorry, Wiki isn't the only definition around.
SHeesh.

Yes, by responding to an ignorant fool like you.
He went shooting. That's a shooting spree. What you describe is a killing spree.
Sorry, Wiki isn't the only definition around.
SHeesh.

I'm not going to respond further to this after this post, looks like you'll have to go and find another thread to play troll in.

I will say this however, your definition of shooting spree is at best ignorant and at worst just trying to troll. What I did describe was a killing spree, but a shooting spree is a similar thing.

He didn't shoot anyone, never mind the fact he didn't shoot at people in two separate locations with a break time. That second fact alone means it's not a spree.

Even if you need a Federal Licence to buy the kit, who cares?

Simply buy the license.

Or, better yet, have a friend with a license do it as a favor, and then buy him a few tanks of gasoline.

Point being, it certainly doesn't take much imagination to be able to possess fully automatic weapons in the USA.

Did I say "killing spree?" No, I said "shooting spree." It doesn't matter if you kill anyone if you go around shooting up buildings or whatever, you're still SHOOTING. Hence shooting spree. Now if he'd killed a bunch of people it would have been called a killing spree or you could have called him a "spree killer." See the difference?

Rick

Forum List

Back