Stu Varney of Fox News Upset About Interest On The National Debt

It is correct that the Republicans are responsible for the bulk of the debt we are faced with. However, Obama is adding to it faster than any of his predecessors and that's an inconvenient truth the OP has ignored. Furthermore, just because earlier presidents spent irresponsibly doesn't make it ok for Obama to do it. He was supposed to be the president of "change" after all.

We weren't talking about disagreeing with policies, we were talking about the deficit hawks that didn't come pouring out of the woodwork until President Obama got in office. They never once said a peep on Fox "news" about Bush's spending or EVER mention Reagan's spending. Nope, it's only Obama's spending that have their panties in a wad. Funny that...

from the mind of a rethug; yea well we were going to talk about them deficits but some other, more important things came up........abortion, guns, gays, same sex marriage, guns, abortion, gays, same sex marriage, abortion, guns, gays, same sex marriage., also no tax increase in rich people.

Will get around to deficits later. when we fix guns gays abortion same sex marriage. and no tax increase for ultra rich people.

The guy was ranting about Obamas's Interest payments alone coming to $10 billion a week. He didn't bother to mention that Oct. 1, 2009 when Obama's first budget period became official that the interest on the Reagan-Bushes debt was $450 billion a year. When Dick Cheney attended George W. Bush's first cabinet meeting he said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter, Reagan Proved That!"

The debt might not matter unless those to who we owe the money demand payment but the interest has to be paid or we go into default. Republicans talk out of both sides of their mouthes. What else is new............

And your mouth is busy Fluffing Obama

Obama deficit > Any Reagan Budget

Umm the debt was under 1 trillion when Reagan was president and the debt pretty much doubled under Reagans rule.
And how many times was the debt ceiling raised then?
18 times for those with selective memories.
And yet those same ones consider him a great president?

Why did you leave out the democrats that controlled the purse strings and blatantly lied to that president?

where were all these "fiscally responsible" people during the last 50 years.

Talking about "trickle down" and "deficits don't matter" and "no evidence that cutting the tax rate changes the amount of income" and "lower tax rates for the job creators and jobs will come"
and other such nonsense.

The Bull Shit above is what constitutes the economic policy of the Rethug party. Fiscally Responsible only applies when a Democrat is in the WH.

What they did is cut taxes repeatedly with the richest profitting the most. Then the only way to cover the shortfall was borrowing from foreign banks. You have to stand in awe of those who repeatedly say it was caused by both parties when Bill Clinton raised taxes in 1993-94 and not only balanced the annual budget but bought back about $450 billion of debt. He had the thing on track to completely settle the national debt by 2012 but George W. Bush cut taxes twice, 2001 and 2003 and proceeded to double the debt from $5.7 trillion to nearly $12 trillion.

The mess they dumped on Obama was a bold faced shame.

Rest easy, you only have to wait four more years.

We'll see, I'm sure many people are sick to death of hearing about this mans skin color and being accused of being a racist when they don't agree with the idiot in Chief. You Obamabots could of sold him down the river just for that.

We weren't talking about disagreeing with policies, we were talking about the deficit hawks that didn't come pouring out of the woodwork until President Obama got in office. They never once said a peep on Fox "news" about Bush's spending or EVER mention Reagan's spending. Nope, it's only Obama's spending that have their panties in a wad. Funny that...

i've said for decades that until each party learns to police itself, fiscally, we're doomed. the last two presidencies are the perfect example of "do as i say and not as i do".

idiots.

The guy was ranting about Obamas's Interest payments alone coming to $10 billion a week. He didn't bother to mention that Oct. 1, 2009 when Obama's first budget period became official that the interest on the Reagan-Bushes debt was $450 billion a year. When Dick Cheney attended George W. Bush's first cabinet meeting he said, "The Debt Doesn't Matter, Reagan Proved That!"

The debt might not matter unless those to who we owe the money demand payment but the interest has to be paid or we go into default. Republicans talk out of both sides of their mouthes. What else is new............

Dems talk out of both sides too. What else is new.....

Umm the debt was under 1 trillion when Reagan was president and the debt pretty much doubled under Reagans rule.
And how many times was the debt ceiling raised then?
18 times for those with selective memories.
And yet those same ones consider him a great president?

Well then....that must mean there is nothing to worry about...It was done 25 years ago and it should continue to be done. Why not? We are a nation that sees things OK as long as another party did it in the past.

10 billionb a week in interest is nothing....becuase 25 years ago Reagan was President.

Pathetic thinking.

We'll see, I'm sure many people are sick to death of hearing about this mans skin color and being accused of being a racist when they don't agree with the idiot in Chief. You Obamabots could of sold him down the river just for that.

i've said for decades that until each party learns to police itself, fiscally, we're doomed. the last two presidencies are the perfect example of "do as i say and not as i do".

idiots.
President dont spend money.

Congress does.

Learn about politics before you try to debate politics.

Since Ronnie hasn't been president since the 80s (and oh btw he's dead now) it doesn't make a lot of sense to get all upset about old interest rates on the debt.

How about we deal with the present even if it means placing the responsibility for doing something about our unsustainable debt on the current president and not the past ones?

Isn't it you dimwitcraps who always accuse repugnantcans of wanting to live in the past?

Umm wanting things not to change is a basic part of conservatism.

Utterly false.. perhaps you should educate yourself about conservative politics

It is correct that the Republicans are responsible for the bulk of the debt we are faced with. However, Obama is adding to it faster than any of his predecessors and that's an inconvenient truth the OP has ignored. Furthermore, just because earlier presidents spent irresponsibly doesn't make it ok for Obama to do it. He was supposed to be the president of "change" after all.

Actually, it's about 50/50 on 'responsibility'.

The problem these days is it's gotten to the point where it is unsustainable. Historically, it was stupid, but survivable. Now, it is not. For that, I blame Bush and Obama, Republicans and Democrats. Because that is rational.

Instead of whining about who's to blame, why won't you people* focus on fixing the problem before you destroy the country?

* You people - generally partisan fucking halfwits.

The debt only matters to the right when a Dem is in the White HOuse.

sheeple are eager to be used.

It mattered a great deal to Obama in 2008... and to the sheeple that voted for "Hopey Changey"... something about "a failure of leadership"?

I guess he wanted to write the book on "failure of leadership."

idiots.

Congress does.

No shit? You mean the president is forced to sign what congress sends him?

WOW!!

idiots.

Congress does.

WOW!!

Unfortunately the do nothing dems haven't swent him anything to sign except Obamacare.... even Reid has declared Obama's budget "dead on arrival".

idiots.

Congress does.

WOW!!

Only a fool thinks that Congress doesnt pressure a president to sign things they may otherwise not sign.....it is all about political posturing.

Actually, it's about 50/50 on 'responsibility'.

The problem these days is it's gotten to the point where it is unsustainable. Historically, it was stupid, but survivable. Now, it is not. For that, I blame Bush and Obama, Republicans and Democrats. Because that is rational.

Instead of whining about who's to blame, why won't you people* focus on fixing the problem before you destroy the country?

* You people - generally partisan fucking halfwits.
but as I said....it is OK becuae Reagan was President 25 years ago......and by that logic....100 years from now when our interest payments are 100 billion a week...it will be OK becuase Reagan was president 125 years ago.

The debt only matters to the right when a Dem is in the White HOuse.

sheeple are eager to be used.

It mattered a great deal to Obama in 2008... and to the sheeple that voted for "Hopey Changey"... something about "a failure of leadership"?

I guess he wanted to write the book on "failure of leadership."

We've definitely changed alright, high unemployment, GDP and 107 percent, high inflation, high gas prices, food costs rising, high commodoties.....

I love it, the left says Cheney was the devil and he was evil. That everything he did was wrong. Now they hold up an ignorant stupid comment he made and say look Dick Cheney said it so it must be true! Debt and Deficits don't matter, Greece just has other problems!

Forum List

Back