Struggling dad sent to prison for being unable to pay $1,941 bill to the Gov't

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Philadelphia, PA — In the land of the free, those who can afford to pay the state exorbitant amounts of money for their criminal behavior almost always avoid spending any time in jail. If you doubt this claim simply look at the mega banks caught laundering money for terrorists and drug dealers who never go to jail. Or, look at the financial institutions who are constantly caught stealing from American citizens in fraudulent schemes and merely pay a fine to avoid any jail. Or, look at the massive tech companies who get caught illegally exploiting millions of children, pay the state, and face no other consequences. If you are a common citizens, who doesn’t happen to have billions of dollars, however, you can and will be sent to jail for a very long time for being unable to pay the state.
Struggling Dad Sent to Prison For Being Unable to Pay $1,941 Bill to the Gov't

Oh special isn't it in the world of democratic pos losers.............. there's more to come.

Philadelphia, PA — In the land of the free, those who can afford to pay the state exorbitant amounts of money for their criminal behavior almost always avoid spending any time in jail. If you doubt this claim simply look at the mega banks caught laundering money for terrorists and drug dealers who never go to jail. Or, look at the financial institutions who are constantly caught stealing from American citizens in fraudulent schemes and merely pay a fine to avoid any jail. Or, look at the massive tech companies who get caught illegally exploiting millions of children, pay the state, and face no other consequences. If you are a common citizens, who doesn’t happen to have billions of dollars, however, you can and will be sent to jail for a very long time for being unable to pay the state.

Oh special isn't it in the world of democratic pos losers.............. there's more to come.

You should remember this next time you get on board with all the racists on this site that point out the ethnic disparities in the amount of blacks that are locked up.

I always remind folks, it has nothing to do with race, it has to do with poverty.

It is all about money.

U.S. justice is a rich man's game. You won't find rich blacks in prison.

Well. . . except maybe Cosby. :71:

I been to jail just b/c I'm poor. . . no biggie. :eusa_shifty:

12_lifetime_likelihood_race-685x530-1.jpg

Two in one: differences in the US justice system for the rich and the poor

You should remember this next time you get on board with all the racists on this site that point out the ethnic disparities in the amount of blacks that are locked up.

I always remind folks, it has nothing to do with race, it has to do with poverty.

It is all about money.

I posted this before when I was locked up in South Carolina their was this old guy around 70 years old doing his 5th 6 month stint in jail for failure to pay child support..

They let him out and in a few months if he doesn't pay they lock him up for another 6 months. (That's as long as they can keep him in that county in local jail)

It is all about money.

I posted this before when I was locked up in South Carolina their was this old guy around 70 years old doing his 5th 6 month stint in jail for failure to pay child support..

They let him out and in a few months if he doesn't pay they lock him up for another 6 months. (That's as long as they can keep him in that county in local jail)

I got locked up in my youth b/c I got into an accident and had missed a car insurance payment. Ya know, I still needed a car to get to work though. . . :71:

When you are young and dumb, you just don't know how to prioritize. lol

I thought it was a pretty stupid thing for the state to lock someone up for though, what a waste of tax payer money. Someone not paying a bill? yeah, I was a real threat.

It never made sense to me to lock folks up for not paying child support, how are they supposed to work if they are locked uP? WTF?

Garnish their check? Sure. . .but lock them up?

It's part of the deal when you are convicted of a felony. You get released early with the stipulation that you will pay the taxpayers back. It seems simple enough, you violate probation and you go back to prison. Why can't lefties grasp the concept?

I've got a load of past due medical bills. Some I'm working with the collection agents to pay what I can every month. But, there are some I just don't have the money to even try to pay. If they want to lock me up for those - fine. That or I'll have to file bankruptcy.

It's part of the deal when you are convicted of a felony. You get released early with the stipulation that you will pay the taxpayers back. It seems simple enough, you violate probation and you go back to prison. Why can't lefties grasp the concept?

Try empathy and logical reasoning.

Why do you suppose many of these folks committed felonies in the first place?

What causes recidivism?

The state isn't releasing these folks early because they think they are rehabilitated, not if we are being honest. They are doing it because the have more clientele, more folks that will fit into the system and because of overcrowding. This is a "for profit" system.

He will be able to pay this off while in jail, right? Or will he get more costs added on that he can't pay?

For someone somewhere this makes sense.

Forum List

Back