Straw poll - what would it take for you to support military action against NK

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
would that crazy fat fuck have to actually bomb Seoul or Japan?

I don't want a war; but this situation is scary

still hopeful that there is a way out; but at best we are back to 1960s - 90s style MAD

North Korea is Bluffing… Again

yes-------as part of its program as a member of the axis of evil ----Russia, Iran, North Korea and COMING
SOON----China and the son of UAR ----then sundry shariah shit holes in southeast asia

probably best to get used to a nuke armed 'nork' land . That being said , i'd nuke'em now . Its going to be WAR eventually and the 'norks' are still weakish compared to what they will be in a year or more in the future .

still hopeful that there is a way out; but at best we are back to 1960s - 90s style MAD
If North Korea attacks anybody. Which there's zero chance they will.

There has been a plan to reunify Korea for 12 years because there is money in it. Obama supported that plan. Essentially all of the right moves have been put into place with Japan changing it's constitution with the aid and support of the US. Just looking for the pretext.

It's cute how everyone all of a sudden wants to pay attention now. Look North Korea and South Korea are buffer states. Nothing more. They serve no other purpose. We, as people, are expendable here then imagine how damned expendable they are in another country?

So, since the elite squad is damn determined to do this shit then why don't they just go in and take out Kim Jong-un and leave all of the mothers, fathers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters and children the fuck alone. It would save our soldiers and their peeps. Perhaps the reality show of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria became boring? There is always Venezuela. Just call up NPR and have them roll a couple of human interest stories (like they do) and you could have a lot of people just patting themselves on the back on how really "good" they are for pulling this one off.

probably best to get used to a nuke armed 'nork' land . That being said , i'd nuke'em now . Its going to be WAR eventually and the 'norks' are still weakish compared to what they will be in a year or more in the future .

the problem is THE AXIS---------the most fervent AXIS NUTS (imho) are the Iranian leaders.
They just have to fire up the people of Iran---------not all the easy----Iranians are not stupid

just nuke the norks old time American style and see what happens . Better now then when 'american wusses ' are even more pacifist then they are today . If action isn't taken to slap down the 'norks' the USA will be sending them food and supplies until the norks decide to attack the USA at their convenience sometime in the future .

see the 'iraqi highway of death' that the USA built on the retreating 'iraqi' army in , think it was 1991 or 2 . Thats what needed today in 'n. korea' .

Kim wants to deter regime change. It's the first thing out of NKorea negotiator's mouths when they were negotiating with Bush. They believe that the US will do to them what we did to Noriega, Saddam and Qadafi. He believes that having a nuclear capacity is his only protection.

Couple of facts:

Clinton negotiated a deal in 94 that restricted NK from pursuing fissile material. They cheated, looking for uranium rather than plutonium.

When Dubya took over he knew they were cheated and refused to negotiate... until 2006 when they detonated their first baby bomb..

Then Dubya ran back to the negotiating table.

Interestingly South Koreans don't really pay attention to Kim's blathering threats. They deal with it every day.

So (you didn't ask but I'm volunteering) what I'd do:

-> Don't over-react. Don't fall into a bluster/bravado match with a 33 year old. "Don't wrestle in the mud with a pig, you'll both get dirty and the pig will love it."
-> Tell them, without bluster or bravado, that if they attack US interests they will be attacked. Define "US interests very clearly to include actions (not threats) against our allies, and include missile tests that overfly allies if you want, although that is a bit tricky given altitude telemetry etc.
-> Tell them, without an attack on US interests as defined, we will not pursue preemptive regime change. (We will however do all the spying and cyberattacks that we want).
-> Work on intensifying sanctions when NK does stuff like they did today. China is the key here, and we need their help.
-> For God's sake don't pick this week to tell South Korea that you might back out of a trade deal with them. Timing is everything, and maybe wait a month or two, maybe? And try to avoid pissing off the entire South Korean population by tweeting that they might be appeasers. All anyone talked about in S Korea Monday am their time was President Trump calling them appeasers. That's the way they heard it even if that isn't exactly what he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Consideration of once again producing the Neutron Bomb might be too little and too late but would be a great tool if military action against N.K. became necessary.

See: Neutron bomb - Wikipedia
---------------------------------------------- probably TOO LATE , what , take a few months or years to build and stockpile 'neutron bombs' and then threaten to use them . :afro: ------- I didn't read the link as i vaguely remember what the neutron bomb is , wasn't it talked about or built in the 80s WCatcher ??

Kim wants to deter regime change. It's the first thing out of NKorea negotiator's mouths when they were negotiating with Bush. They believe that the US will do to them what we did to Noriega, Saddam and Qadafi. He believes that having a nuclear capacity is his only protection.

Couple of facts:

Clinton negotiated a deal in 94 that restricted NK from pursuing fissile material. They cheated, looking for uranium rather than plutonium.

When Dubya took over he knew they were cheated and refused to negotiate... until 2006 when they detonated their first baby bomb..

Then Dubya ran back to the negotiating table.

Interestingly South Koreans don't really pay attention to Kim's blathering threats. They deal with it every day.

So (you didn't ask but I'm volunteering) what I'd do:

-> Don't over-react. Don't fall into a bluster/bravado match with a 33 year old. "Don't wrestle in the mud with a pig, you'll both get dirty and the pig will love it."
-> Tell them, without bluster or bravado, that if they attack US interests they will be attacked. Define "US interests very clearly to include actions (not threats) against our allies, and include missile tests that overfly allies if you want, although that is a bit tricky given altitude telemetry etc.
-> Tell them, without an attack on US interests as defined, we will not pursue preemptive regime change. (We will however do all the spying and cyberattacks that we want).
-> Work on intensifying sanctions when NK does stuff like they did today. China is the key here, and we need their help.
-> For God's sake don't pick this week to tell South Korea that you might back out of a trade deal with them. Timing is everything, and maybe wait a month or two, maybe? And try to avoid pissing off the entire South Korean population by tweeting that they might be appeasers. All anyone talked about in S Korea Monday am their time was President Trump calling them appeasers. That's the way they heard it even if that isn't exactly what he said.
"Interestingly South Koreans don't really pay attention to Kim's blathering threats. They deal with it every day"
Yes they do..

Forum List

Back