Straw Poll Getting Weirder and Weirder

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Frist doesn't have a chance, but who does? What does anyone know about George Allen?

http://www.anklebitingpundits.com/i...article&sid=3267&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1

Hotline Sticking it To Bush in Straw Poll
Posted by H-Bomb on Saturday, 11 March 2006 (14:38:41) EST
Contributed by H-Bomb

I’m a big fan of National Journal’s The Hotline, but I cannot believe what they have done in the last 24 hours, if my sources are correct.

According to my sources, the Hotline folks have colluded with representatives from Sen. Bill Frist's organization to alter the straw poll ballots to allow attendees at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference a second choice. Why? Because the “write in Bush” vote of confidence campaign had apparently gained so much momentum that it became clear a majority of voters would indeed write in the president’s name.

According to my sources, Frist’s team approached the Hotline people with the idea to rejigger the ballots because, as we have reported, Frist has a whole lot riding on this straw poll victory. Frist’s organization VolPAC spent over $100,000 bussing in, boarding, feeding, and entertaining over 930 “ringers.”

In full panic over the possibility that he might lose, Frist is now hoping his "ringers" will vote for him and write in the president (which, by the way, makes no sense.)

I am told lots of MSM types -- no fans of President Bush -- are scratching their heads at Hotline’s rather un-democratic move to deny the president a show of support from his fellow Republicans.

Stay tuned. This thing is getting weirder and weirder.

Forum List

Back