Strange Situation

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
I bought 6 low Beta ETFs to offset my oil and S&P hedges and it seems like I'm getting daily dividend payments. Anyone know the reason why or even a theory as to why that should be?

I bought 6 low Beta ETFs to offset my oil and S&P hedges and it seems like I'm getting daily dividend payments. Anyone know the reason why or even a theory as to why that should be?

Lolz ... That is because they can pay dividends daily.
Are you running Smart Betas and do you have the option to take your dividends in additional offerings?

I'm just leaving it in my brokerage account. This isn't quite as strange as the time I had an out of the money put exercised against me but it is still pretty strange.

I'm just leaving it in my brokerage account. This isn't quite as strange as the time I had an out of the money put exercised against me but it is still pretty strange.

Nah ... Some Betas pay daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual dividends depending on their set-up.
Actually ... Betas in some cases are designed to provide "income" ... Not just a long-term investment.

Keep an eye on the rating and stay away from anything over a 1 if you aren't sure what you are doing.

Lolz ... That is because they can pay dividends daily.
Are you running Smart Betas and do you have the option to take your dividends in additional offerings?

I just use the total risk column in my August AAII journal to keep me in the black while I wait for the inevitable crash to pay off big. I try to keep my strategies idiot proof for when everything goes from strange to downright weird.

Nah ... Some Betas pay daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual dividends depending on their set-up.
Actually ... Bates in some cases are designed to provide "income" ... Not just a long-term investment.

Keep an eye on the rating and stay away from anything over a 1 if you aren't sure what you are doing.

Thanks. I've been the market long enough that I really do appreciate being reminded of the basics.

Forum List

Back