Stowaway in a free couch

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Holly Wright Finds Python In Secondhand Sofa

A woman in Michigan recently got the surprise of her life when she discovered a large reptile coiled in the folds of her couch.

According to ABC News, Grand Rapids resident Holly Wright made the shocking find over the weekend, when she spotted a large snake slithering around in a secondhand couch she had picked up.

"I picked this couch up off the street and it's been in my bedroom for a couple months, and today we found a python inside the couch," Holly Wright said in a video obtained by ABC News' Grand Rapids affiliate WZZM-TV....

"It didn't really react or hiss ... It was quite cold in the room, there was no food for the snake and I think it came out of the couch because it was dying," she said.

Wright may be right, as the python did die before she was able to get help for it.

"It's been really sad actually to realize all this time I was in proximity to that animal [and it] was probably suffering," she told WZZM.

The snake received a proper burial and the couch got kicked back to the curb, along with a written warning — "Do Not Pick Up."

These big snakes are getting a really raw deal from yahoos who think they want one and have no friggin clue what they need to survive and thrive.

I agree. Snakes have to be feed and they require care.

Loads of people get them when they are small and as they get bigger they decide they are to much trouble. Loads of them have been released into the wild down here in Florida. They are breeding and slowly pushing out some of the native species.

That snake was probably in that couch for a long time with no one to feed it.

To bad she didn't find it earlier and get it somewhere where it could be cared for.

Forum List

Back