Stopped for driving while black in Georgia

The coaches and students on the bus handled this situation exactly right. They didn't do anything to escalate the situation and now they sue the cops and police dept. involve to rake in a nice sum of cash..... assuming there isn't some important details missing from the story that gave the cops probable cause to do what they did.

Jesus, what a bunch of redneck cops. Every lacrosse player on that bus got a lesson in racism. Not that any of them needed one.
Probably was racism, but it could be that the cops were simply assholes.

They never had the option to refuse. This will be a big pay day in the courts.

How do you figure? Where are the big damages? Being modestly inconvenienced - even if unjustly. And in this case it was northeastern college students in a bus on a major north-south drug and gun running route.

If the college kids would have had a load of AR15's they bought at a gun show and were shipping it to Corn Pop in the Wilmington ghetto, you'd have a conniption about Georgia's lax gun enforcement if they DIDN'T stop the bus.

How do you figure? Where are the big damages? Being modestly inconvenienced - even if unjustly. And in this case it was northeastern college students in a bus on a major north-south drug and gun running route.

If the college kids would have had a load of AR15's they bought at a gun show and were shipping it to Corn Pop in the Wilmington ghetto, you'd have a conniption about Georgia's lax gun enforcement if they DIDN'T stop the bus.

You know the answer here. They all had their civil rights violated. That is not a modest inconvenience. I'll bet they seek better than a million per student.

But then we will ignore your last ignorant statement as I have stated hundreds of times I am pro ALL of our rights including the second. You? Not so much,

I see you people know dick about traffic laws.
In many states, it is illegal to drive in the left lane on a highway (if no other vehicles are around) as it officially is the 'passing lane'.
Hell, I got pulled over for that very thing, years ago in Illinois on I-80 (I think it was.).

I'm pretty sure the courts will rule that driving in the left lane is not a justification to search the luggage of everyone on a bus. They also found absolutely nothing. I hope they sue and bankrupt Georgia.

DSU, state leaders 'incensed' after team bus stopped, searched in Georgia
There's no evidence the stop had anything to do with race. The team's makeup pretty well excludes that as a possibility. It's also awfully hard to determine race through tinted bus windows.

1652256355034.png

Officer saying, “If there is anything in y’all’s luggage, we’re probably gonna find it, OK? I’m not looking for a little bit of marijuana, but I’m pretty sure you guys’ chaperones are probably gonna be disappointed in you if we find any.”

Would he have thought a bus load of white kids would have some marijuana on the bus?

By that time, Liberty County Sheriff’s Office deputies had begun removing players’ bags from the vehicle’s cargo bay to search after asking Jones to open it. Police had a drug-sniffing dog at the scene.

“If there is something in there that’s questionable,” the deputy speaking on the bus said, “please tell me now because if we find it, guess what? We’re not gonna be able to help you.”

‘How did we go from a routine traffic stop to narcotics-sniffing dogs going through our belongings?’” Jenkins said. “The police officer said that on this stretch of highway there are a lot of buses that are smuggling people and narcotics and they have to be diligent.’”

So the excuse is a lot of black college's buses are transporting drugs.

I'm pretty sure the courts will rule that driving in the left lane is not a justification to search the luggage of everyone on a bus. They also found absolutely nothing. I hope they sue and bankrupt Georgia.

DSU, state leaders 'incensed' after team bus stopped, searched in Georgia
This is 100 percent nonsense and cannot be tolerated !!!
The redneck cops must be terminated!!!

Funny I was driving with yankee plates in Atlanta and the cop pulled me over and asked me, “ why I was in a black area “

Forum List

Back