'stop-loss' quote

nycflasher

Apr 15, 2004
CT
"People ought to know that we are extracting more service involuntarily out of the people who have already served. It's a pretty good indication that someone didn't do their planning that well."
--Steve Stobridge, director of government relations for the Military Officers Association of America

Yesterday, the Army announced that many volunteers nearing the end of their service commitment will be forced to serve an entire tour overseas.

Originally posted by nycflasher
"People ought to know that we are extracting more service involuntarily out of the people who have already served. It's a pretty good indication that someone didn't do their planning that well."
--Steve Stobridge, director of government relations for the Military Officers Association of America

Yesterday, the Army announced that many volunteers nearing the end of their service commitment will be forced to serve an entire tour overseas.

This is nothing new and is not indicator of planning wither good or bad.

During all wars that I can think of, separations, retirements and other voluntary reductions of force have been suspended. Why all of a sudden it this being played up in the media? Rhetorical - I don't need an answer.

Originally posted by HGROKIT
This is nothing new and is not indicator of planning wither good or bad.

During all wars that I can think of, separations, retirements and other voluntary reductions of force have been suspended. Why all of a sudden it this being played up in the media? Rhetorical - I don't need an answer.

Thanks for the definition of rhetorical. :D

Originally posted by freeandfun1
This has no indication of planning. It is just the nature of war.

the nature of war is to have an occupation go to shit and to force your voluntary military to stay longer than their obligation requires so you can maintain your forces?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
the nature of war is to have an occupation go to shit and to force your voluntary military to stay longer than their obligation requires so you can maintain your forces?

ahem...
good point

Yes. See, the Enemy does NOT have a copy of our Operations Plans (OPLANS). They don't know we were PLANNING On killing them all within (X) months.

At the risk of spinning this into a familiar worn-out thread, the Iraq 'occupation' has NOT 'gone to shit'. There's no other force on the planet which could have done things, or could do things better.

Because my first paragraph = true, 'mistakes' in planning happen.

(shrug).

It's the 'nature of the armed forces' to initiate stop-loss programs during times of conflict.

It's not ideal, it's not a crime or some huge mistake. You always jus have to have something to blow out or proportion, doncha?

It is the natural progression of war when you have an all volunteer military. The difficult thing we face this time is that there probably isn't going to be either a) a period of peace long enough that some will overlook the "hazards of the job" or b) a bad economy that will make the military "attractive". In a good economy potential recruits can make more on the outside.

Because of that, we could start facing some manpower difficulties. However, I do think there are still enough Patriots in this country that will sign up. They will sign up, go fight the wars that are necessary to keep us strong and free and all the while the nut cases of this world will continue to bitch and bitch and bitch.....

Yep.... a natural progression.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
It's not ideal, it's not a crime or some huge mistake. You always jus have to have something to blow out or proportion, doncha?

no, things do that quite naturally on their own.

the blowing out of proportion comment.....can I use that excuse for when I go shopping and you think Ive spent too much $$? I will tell you from now on that youre blowing it out of proportion cuz my friend Mr Right Wing Man said so.

:p:
(now Im running as I duck LOL):D

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
the blowing out of proportion comment.....can I use that excuse for when I go shopping and you think Ive spent too much $$? I will tell you from now on that youre blowing it out of proportion cuz my friend Mr Right Wing Man said so.

Yeah. DK. Two on one. I have heard stories too. Hope I'm not disappointed.

that addition to the bank accounts that we just made????

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Yeah. DK. Two on one. I have heard stories too. Hope I'm not disappointed.

no no no
I was siding with YOU, silly

no no no
I was siding with YOU, silly

Yeah. Two on one. You and me against dk, but then i tried to make a joke about ..... nevermind. I failed.

And the latest USMB gossip is.........

KL and RWA - getting a room!

(also, Zhukov wants pictures of my boobs - he said so)

Forum List

Back