Stop being the stupid party

So what does it say when a rising star in your own party says what Jindal said?

Anything?

Nothing?

You act like he was speaking from the heart. It's all politics. Jindal wants to run for president, so he's trying to make himself look like he's above the Republican party. And ofcourse you liberals are trying to rub it in our faces, like the little children you are.
y

I wonder if you're capable of mature conversation without personal insults. So I'll keep trying, just out of curiosity.

If you're correct -- that Jindal is merely saying this in self-promotion -- how does he get nominated if what he is saying is contrary to the beliefs of the GOP?

He has not said anything contrary to the beliefs of the GOP when it comes to substance. What he said had no meaning, but ofcourse democrats want to make everything he said into a repudiation of the republican party's ideas.

One Tough-Talking Nerd: Bobby Jindal Brands Himself as Republican Reformer - NationalJournal.com

Bobby Jindal comments from last night

"We’ve got to stop being the stupid party,” he said. “It's time for a new Republican party that talks like adults. It's time for us to articulate our plans and visions for America in real terms. It’s no secret we had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say, ‘We’ve had enough of that.’ ”

“The first step in getting the voters to like us is to demonstrate that we like them.”

Thoughtful, pragmatic, reasonable points.

They'll destroy him now.

well... you know, those things make him a RINO.

Its not the labels its the ideas

:eusa_hand:

bullshit!

you are a rabid partisan democrat, you have no ideas of your own.

same with the rabid republicans...no ideas of their own.

again, i apologize to you personally for the state of our public schools.

If it truly was "ideas not labels" to you once in awhile you would approve of something some republican somewhere did, might even vote for a candidate thats not got a 'd' after their name.

don't see that happening

Change of Subject: New abortion polling gives little cheer to foes

the republican party is OUT of its mind.

so are you

I can't argue I am not out of my mind.....but that's off topic anyway.

I really want to say you got me mixed up in the wrong group again tm, I keep telling you I ain't on either side. I am not a foe of legal abortions. I am a person of faith, but I don't think it legal, or moral, to legislate based on faith.

I can promise you that any body i maintain control over will never have an abortion. Of course that's silly, I am an old man, but I believe in freedom, and the freedom for anyone to make their own decision on this matter of legalized abortion. Even if my own opinion is that it is morally wrong, I don't think it ought to be the law in a free country.

Anything?

Nothing?

You act like he was speaking from the heart. It's all politics. Jindal wants to run for president, so he's trying to make himself look like he's above the Republican party. And ofcourse you liberals are trying to rub it in our faces, like the little children you are.

I think Jindal represents a silent majority of the party that is tired of the childish nonsense that is passing for Republicanism today

I think you represent the childish majority of the democratic party, that wants to make this into a big deal, simply because you don't like republicans.

Anything?

Nothing?

I think Jindal represents a silent majority of the party that is tired of the childish nonsense that is passing for Republicanism today

That's my guess too. But those people are intimidated right now, they know they'll immediately be attacked and later "primaried" if they speak out. Gotta give Jindal credit, he's got balls.

He has not said anything contrary to the beliefs of the GOP when it comes to substance. What he said had no meaning, but of course democrats want to make everything he said into a repudiation of the republican party's ideas.

I don't know how you can say that "what he said had no meaning." He's talking about a party that he and others feel is in danger of literally self-destructing, and he's offering a clear, reasonable, pragmatic approach for avoiding that.

That sure seems to have meaning.

I think you represent the childish majority of the democratic party, that wants to make this into a big deal, simply because you don't like republicans.

Having spent 20 years as a Republican, I don't like what the party has become

The childish namecalling, simplistic rhetoric, strict party doctrine are part of it

I think Republicans like Jindal and Christie are merely stating what everyone knows. Republicans are hurting themselves. There is a code of silence among Republicans that nobody is allowed to acknowledge mistakes....it is a sign of weakness

There needs to be a fight for the soul of the Republican party. Right now it is controlled by the radical right wing

One Tough-Talking Nerd: Bobby Jindal Brands Himself as Republican Reformer - NationalJournal.com

"We’ve got to stop being the stupid party,” he said. “It's time for a new Republican party that talks like adults. It's time for us to articulate our plans and visions for America in real terms. It’s no secret we had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say, ‘We’ve had enough of that.’ ”

“The first step in getting the voters to like us is to demonstrate that we like them.”

They'll destroy him now.

No doubt Jindal will be thrown under the bus

Thou shall not speak ill of the Republican party

The speech ended with a call for Republicans to make seven changes, including: Stop looking backward, compete for every single vote (“the 47 percent and the 53 percent”), reject identity politics, stop being “the stupid party” and “stop insulting the intelligence of voters.”

“If this election taught us anything, it is that we will not win elections by simply pointing out the failures of the other side,” he said. “We must boldly paint the picture of what America can be, of just how incredibly bright America’s future can be.”

Read more: Bobby Jindal to GOP: Don't be 'the stupid party' - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

The speech ended with a call for Republicans to make seven changes, including: Stop looking backward, compete for every single vote (“the 47 percent and the 53 percent”), reject identity politics, stop being “the stupid party” and “stop insulting the intelligence of voters.”

“If this election taught us anything, it is that we will not win elections by simply pointing out the failures of the other side,” he said. “We must boldly paint the picture of what America can be, of just how incredibly bright America’s future can be.”

Read more: Bobby Jindal to GOP: Don't be 'the stupid party' - James Hohmann - POLITICO.com

imho He is 100% correct.

They are not stupid, except for the tea party members. Mostly, it is just a follow the dollars thing. they say what they need to say to support those who pay them. As the dems do. But when your money comes from a small number or very very very rich folks, what repubs support is not for the vast majority. So they have to do what they can to get sufficient backers to reelect them. And that means a good deal of lying and deceit. The whole fox thing. Just a simple requirement.

So, my vote is money in politics is the problem. Plain and simple.

Given Governor Christie's speech in Tampa...we could have an interesting primary season 3 years from now:

I believe we have become paralyzed by our desire to be loved.

Our founding fathers had the wisdom to know that social acceptance and popularity is fleeting and that this country’s principles needed to be rooted in strengths greater than the passions and emotions of the times.

Our leaders today have decided it is more important to be popular, to do what is easy and say “yes,” rather than to say no when “no” is what’s required.

In recent years, we as a country have too often chosen the same path.

It’s been easy for our leaders to say not us, and not now, in taking on the tough issues. And we’ve stood silently by and let them get away with it.

But tonight, I say enough.

Given Governor Christie's speech in Tampa...we could have an interesting primary season 3 years from now:

I believe we have become paralyzed by our desire to be loved.

Our founding fathers had the wisdom to know that social acceptance and popularity is fleeting and that this country’s principles needed to be rooted in strengths greater than the passions and emotions of the times.

Our leaders today have decided it is more important to be popular, to do what is easy and say “yes,” rather than to say no when “no” is what’s required.

In recent years, we as a country have too often chosen the same path.

It’s been easy for our leaders to say not us, and not now, in taking on the tough issues. And we’ve stood silently by and let them get away with it.

But tonight, I say enough.

Can't wait for Christie to beat up on Rand Paul

They'll destroy him now.

No doubt Jindal will be thrown under the bus

Thou shall not speak ill of the Republican party

It does remind me a little of the "mission statement" in Jerry Maguire when he comes to the lobby of the hotel after sending it out...everyone is applauding him but at the same time they are whispering to each other ,"He's toast".

The Dem's need to do a major purge of their bizzaros as well... you know, the Mahar's, the O'Donnell's, the Schultz's, etc.

But no, you guys embrace your moonbats.. and they tend to be the rank and file.

The Dem's need to do a major purge of their bizzaros as well... you know, the Mahar's, the O'Donnell's, the Schultz's, etc.

But no, you guys embrace your moonbats.. and they tend to be the rank and file.

We aren't losing national elections.

Jindahl was talking about politicians saying stupid things, not Rush Limpballs.

Bobby Jindal always was a RINO.

Last edited:
Stop being the stupid party by entertaining input from Liberal Democrats and Media on what the Republican Party should like like the Democrat Party. That is just dumb. "What difference does it make" what Colin Powell thinks of the Republican Party? He is no longer a Republican. "The Tent" was just fine for him under Reagan. Why not just say, "return to the party of Reagan"? It is stupid to entertain anything he says. Also, it is stupid to listen to media pontificate and editorialize about mainstream candidates such as McCain and Romney during primaries. Stupid is to throw the party behind these Democrat lite politicians.

IOW "The best tent is the smallest tent."

:thup:

Outstanding.

Forum List

Back