Ston, Kushner and Manor OFFRRED to testify. Smells like another headfake.

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
Think about it. Trump uses the technique of lying about something then doing the exact opposite. Or as its known inthe sales world....it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. Except Trump just moves to "so what?" Mode and skips forgiveness.

So Manafort, Kushner and Stone all OFFER to testify around the same time? I'll put money on them not going through with it. When asked they'll do the same headfake but right now, it's like the Nunez press conference...it's looks good for a few days, gives the apologists time to defend, and then the truth will come out that they won't testify at all.

And his supporters would spend so much time defending him they don't want to admit they're wrong.

Frankly, "Horatio," the West Wing of the White House should be renamed to "Denmark," though "Barbary Wing" would be just as fitting. The question is who is Iago? I think we all know who's Richard.

Where's the Bard when you need him? There's got to be a compendium of plays in this thing we call the Trump presidency.

Last edited:
Think about it. Trump uses the technique of lying about something then doing the exact opposite. Or as its known inthe sales world....it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. Except Trump just moves to "so what?" Mode and skips forgiveness.

So Manafort, Kushner and Stone all OFFER to testify around the same time? I'll put money on them not going through with it. When asked they'll do the same headfake but right now, it's like the Nunez press conference...it's looks good for a few days, gives the apologists time to defend, and then the truth will come out that they won't testify at all.

And his supporters would spend so much time defending him they don't want to admit they're wrong.

It really doesn't matter. Congress can subpoena Flynn anytime. Immunity be damned. Trump, if anything, is trying pressure the Senate committee to do it on his terms. They aren't having it and it didn't work.
It's a clear sign that they're running out of plays. The Senate is serious and won't be swayed.

egg-701273_960_720_zpsbdvc0gtc.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, "Horatio," the West Wing of the White House should be renamed to "Denmark," though "Barbary Wing" would be just as fitting. The question is who is Iago? I think we all know who's Richard.

Where's the Bard when you need him? There's got to be a compendium of plays in this thing we call the Trump presidency.
Iago is Bannon, without question. But was Trump ever really the honorable Othello? Trump is more like Lear than Richard, I think. A vain man who had let power go to his head so long ago that it had become part of who he was.

Iago is Bannon, without question. But was Trump ever really the honorable Othello? Trump is more like Lear than Richard, I think. A vain man who had let power go to his head so long ago that it had become part of who he was.
I can see that. I don't think I'd argue that way, but I wouldn't refute the argument either. I can see Trump as Lear, MacBeth, Othello or Richard III. I suspect Trump considers himself Hal, however.

Once more unto the breach....
-- William Shakespeare, Henry V.

Last edited:

It really doesn't matter. Congress can subpoena Flynn anytime. Immunity be damned. Trump, if anything, is trying pressure the Senate committee to do it on his terms. They aren't having it and it didn't work.
It's a clear sign that they're running out of plays. The Senate is serious and won't be swayed.

What is this moderator edit?

I can see that. I don't think I'd argue that way, but I wouldn't refute the argument either. I can see Trump as Lear, MacBeth, Othello or Richard III. I suspect Trump considers himself Hal, however.

The King plays never really gripped my interest, so I'll leave you to it. I read a couple, but the only character I remember well is Falstaff.

What is this moderator edit?
Join the Great Egghunt, Hutch. (Under Announcements). If they're going to plop them in your own posts, you might as well collect them. I already got this one, though.

its a house of cards, Trump is too dumb (politically) so my $$ is on the dealer, Bannon, and he deals from the bottom of the deck.

Nunes gets some hot news, makes a B line to Trump without showing the intelligence committee, Trump sits on the info for a couple of days before he invites Schiff to come review it ... which left ample time for Bannon to edit, or simply rewrite whatever he wanted Schiff to read .. stories straight the aforementioned are willing to testify to the Bannon script Schiff saw ?

uh huh, riiiiiiight, surrrrrrrrrrrrre thing Don Cheeto.....

They can offer to testify and then if not offered immunity then refuse. Or they could offer then just get up there and plead the 5th over and over. It will just be something to placate the masses.

The King plays never really gripped my interest, so I'll leave you to it. I read a couple, but the only character I remember well is Falstaff.
Wow. That sure takes a whole lot of them "off the table," as it were. One almost had to be an English major to encounter a "non king" play in standard (i.e., typical survey type classes) high school and college literature classes taught when we were kids. I take it Taming of the Shrew was more to your liking?

Wow. That sure takes a whole lot of them "off the table," as it were. One almost had to be an English major to encounter a "non king" play in standard (i.e., typical survey type classes) high school and college literature classes taught when we were kids. I take it Taming of the Shrew was more to your liking?
You went to different kinds of schools than most of us, I think, Xelor. Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream and Macbeth were the standards. Romance and brevity were considerations, apparently. We had pretty fierce debate about Kate and whether Shakespeare was just displaying misogynist views or actually behind those views. It wasn't one of my favorites.

You went to different kinds of schools than most of us, I think, Xelor. Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream and Macbeth were the standards. Romance and brevity were considerations, apparently. We had pretty fierce debate about Kate and whether Shakespeare was just displaying misogynist views or actually behind those views. It wasn't one of my favorites.
Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer Night's Dream and Macbeth were the standards.
Yes, I suspect I did. I'm surprised to find, though, that the coverage was so different. We had those, but in our four years, we covered also Hamlet, Julius Caesar, Othello, Tempest, Richard III, Henry V, As You Like It, Merchant, Much Ado, Twelfth Night and Winter's Tale. Well, that is what it is....TY for letting me know.

Kushner was on the phone with Russian intelligence agents through-out the campaign season and they have those recordings.

But I really don't think we're going to hear testimony from any of them right now. There are 3 ongoing investigations--the house, the senate & the FBI--and they're still gathering information. I heard that there are CIA operatives in Russia trying to collect more information into this.

I think they know there was collusion which is Treason--and now they're looking for the Why they did it. The motive behind it. With motive--Treason will STICK. It wasn't just to win an election, there is something else there--that would have inticed them to collude with Russia.

Forum List

Back