Stigliz on globalization. Why globalization fails?

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013
A lengthy talk by Stiglitz covering several aspects of globalization and why it has failed in some instances and why it has succeeded in others.

"Globalization is a powerfull force . It can improve the well being in advanced industrialized countries and poor countries, but it hasn't being doing that. The challenge today is to make globalization work."
Joseph Stiglitz

A lengthy talk by Stiglitz covering several aspects of globalization and why it has failed in some instances and why it has succeeded in others.

"Globalization is a powerfull force . It can improve the well being in advanced industrialized countries and poor countries, but it hasn't being doing that. The challenge today is to make globalization work."
Joseph Stiglitz

100% stupid and liberal of course. Trade between individuals, counties, states, and nations always works to make everyone richer. If this were not true culturecreep would tell us why.

100% stupid and liberal of course. Trade between individuals, counties, states, and nations always works to make everyone richer. .

In the aggregate this is true but on an individual level people rip each other off and nations can and do as well. But, do I have 48 minutes to watch the video - no.

100% stupid and liberal of course. Trade between individuals, counties, states, and nations always works to make everyone richer. .

In the aggregate this is true but on an individual level people rip each other off and nations can and do as well. But, do I have 48 minutes to watch the video - no.
Pity. I might do a separate post to summarize and discuss individual ideas presented by Stiglitz. Not right now.

Globalization has been dominated by the rise of China. Many of the labor of the world wasn't able to compete with their labor which was heavily subsidized. China's manipulation of markets doesn't just hurt US labor but global labor.

The fact that the rich nations haven't opened themselves up to competition in agriculture is a very big deal but I also don't see that changing. China also helps demonstrate that agriculture isn't needed.

Good video even if it is slanted towards the negatives.

Stiglitz is a communist first and economist 4th

I might do a separate post to summarize and discuss individual ideas presented by Stiglitz. Not right now.

dear, why not get organized so you won't be liberal all your life. Just tell us one significant thing he says that makes sense or admit communism never makes sense?

Any idiot can post any idiot's video from youtube!! Congratulations!!

Last edited:
. Many of the labor of the world wasn't able to compete with their labor which was heavily subsidized.

Why do you say that given our unemployment of 5.3%??? And that is with liberal taxes unions deficits driving 40 million jobs away, and with 30 million illegals here, and with the liberal war on families and schools.

Isn't learning to think fun.

In the aggregate this is true but on an individual level people rip each other off and nations can and do as well.

nations? so millions of Americans get ripped off and just keep getting ripped off?
If that was true you'd explain.

nations? so millions of Americans get ripped off and just keep getting ripped off? If that was true you'd explain.
Not what I said, not about Americans at least.

There are corrupt regimes run by "big men" in Africa and S. America and the resources of those nations are sold to the West or China at low prices in a way that does not benefit the people of selling nation, only the political elite. Sudan and Rawanda may exchange resources for weapons but I don't believe either of those nations are being helped from that trade. Yes, I define help or benefit by measures such as rising standard of living, decreasing poverty, hunger, etc.

Joseph Stiglitz

100% stupid and liberal of course. Trade between individuals, counties, states, and nations always works to make everyone richer. If this were not true culturecreep would tell us why.

Once Iranian sanctions are lifted, they will flood the world market with crude oil driving the price to $10 like we saw during the Clinton years. Every one of the nine million barrels that we import will show up on our shores priced at below production cost. This is against international trade law. How will that make everyone richer when it drives thousands of U.S. oil companies out of business and results in the layoffs of millions? :dunno:

I might do a separate post to summarize and discuss individual ideas presented by Stiglitz. Not right now.

dear, why not get organized so you won't be liberal all your life. Just tell us one significant thing he says that makes sense or admit communism never makes sense?

. Ok Ed, something for you to chew :
A) The Washington Consensus is a complete fiasco.
B) On the other hand the Beijing Consensus is a success.
C) Forbiding indirect investment from foreign investors yields a more stable exchange rate.

:

C) Forbiding indirect investment from foreign investors yields a more stable exchange rate.

rate.
dear, one of the reasons you are stupid and liberal is because you are very disorganized. If you are opposed to trade why not think of a reason or simple admit you lack the IQ to understand let alone defend what Stiglitz says.

Trying to change the subject to consensus and exchange rates is idiot and absurd.

Dear, I don't want something absurd to chew on I want you to defend the Stiglitz libcommie video you posted

:

rate.
dear, one of the reasons you are stupid and liberal is because you are very disorganized. If you are opposed to trade why not think of a reason or simple admit you lack the IQ to understand let alone defend what Stiglitz says.

Trying to change the subject to consensus and exchange rates is idiot and absurd.

Dear, I don't want something absurd to chew on I want you to defend the Stiglitz libcommie video you posted

I am not changing subject, had you watched the video you would have noticed that Stiglitz talks about the failure of the Washington consenus and the role of indirect investment in exchange rates.

And by the by IQ wise I am in the upper 2.25% section so stop spewing nonsense about my IQ.

Last edited:
I am not changing subject, had you watched the video you would have noticed that Stiglitz talks about the failure of the Washington consenus and the role of indirect investment in exchange rates.

dear, who cares that he talks about it?? See how slow a liberal is? Why cant you state and defend a substantive point he makes in the libcommie BS video you posted??

And by the by IQ wise I am in the upper 2% section so stop spewing nonsense about my IQ.

if so you would be able to state a substantive position Stiglitz took in the video you posted and defend it. Instead you are trying every which way to change the subject.

dear, who cares that he talks about it?? See how slow a liberal is? Why cant you state and defend a substantive point he makes in the libcommie BS video you posted??
Stiglitz makes many points in his talk, which I will be addressing in separete posts in the following days.
His substantial point is that the current implementation of economic globalization has not been up to its promise :
Rising the living standards for all the involved.

His substantial point is that the current implementation of economic globalization has not been up to its promise : Rising the living standards for all the involved.

I would absolutely agree that the benefits are not evenly distributed. Other than countries devastated by war (Somalia, Libya, Afghanistan, etc) who else has not seen a rising standard of living in, say, the last 30 years?

His substantial point is that the current implementation of economic globalization has not been up to its promise :

10000% stupid, illiterate, liberal, and dumb as a stone. We know Stiglitz is against free trade. You need to know the reason you utter fool and then defend it.

Why start a thread when you have no where near the IQ needed to follow up on it?? What does that teach you about liberalism?? You're a brain dead puppet liberal who has no idea that you've been brainwashed any more than Germans did in the 1930's. It really is that bad! Sorry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back