Steven Tyler - you are an embarrasment to my generation.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Aerosmith - a great band, and a great story.

Producing a Rock God of an album like "Aerosmith Rocks"..and others.

To this...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PK8Zi3rW3E[/ame]

And then to f*cking THIS?????!!!!!!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAVIgq2Bbgw&feature=fvst[/ame]

You are an assclown...it was one thing to to sell your soul to the music business execs - but this??? :evil:

I fail to see how staying in the music industry because he *likes* it, even at his age, is an embarrassment to anyone.

I fail to see how staying in the music industry because he *likes* it, even at his age, is an embarrassment to anyone.

I say more power to him.

and he sounds pretty darn good.

They still play well.

But the "new" songs are awful. But radio friendly!:lol:

i meant the one he was doing with Pink in the video in the o/p. lol..

but you know, longevity is difficult to come by in the music industry. so if he still has new stuff and isnt playing only 30 year old songs, i think that's great.

i saw him probably about 5 years ago at zootopia. he blew the place away.

He sold his soul to biz execs a long time ago when they started writing radio friendly pop hits.
You have to be old enough to remember them before you could understand the frustration.
Steven Tyler in the late 80's began making appearances with whoever was popular at the moment..singing basically whatever they were...then they began writing the bubble gum stuff.
Should be a crime.

I say more power to him.

They still play well.

but you know, longevity is difficult to come by in the music industry. so if he still has new stuff and isnt playing only 30 year old songs, i think that's great.

Cool. They were great in their time. An American Rolling Stones. Some awesome music.

But I have no problem with people making money.

Heck..Rod Steward's doing standards!

So let's compare...

Today:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfNmyxV2Ncw[/ame]

Yesterday:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYk_Zymvq0I&feature=related[/ame]

He sold his soul to biz execs a long time ago when they started writing radio friendly pop hits.
You have to be old enough to remember them before you could understand the frustration.
Steven Tyler in the late 80's began making appearances with whoever was popular at the moment..singing basically whatever they were...then they began writing the bubble gum stuff.
Should be a crime.
Aerosmith has always been kinda radio friendly....they have a had a song or 2 from every album ever since their first.....i remember them always being considered a cheap immitation of the Stones.....the hard rockers in the early seventies thought they were already "pop"....:lol:

I say more power to him.

They still play well.

Steven was on Howard stern recently. 9 years later. Lol.

He did a solo country album? With his voice I can’t wait to hear it.

Love is your name 2015.

Red white and you 2016

Boy, with all the great country song writers and his voice he could have been one of the greatest country singers.

I just listened to these 2 songs. He has a great voice. Songs are alright.

Forum List

Back