Steve Schmidt..Thank You...Finally!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Am watching the mayors conference right now and saw the most forthright answer to a question from an insider I've seen in a while.

Question from the audience: "Mr Schmidt....how would you recommend Romney approach his nomination for a vice president...assuming he gets the GOP nod?"

OK ...for those of you that don't know Schmidt was the 2008 senior political advisor to John McCain. He in short was as involved as anyone picking Palin as McCains VP.

His answer was direct and he used his experience as the lesson of what not to do.

I won't try to relay the whole answer but without appology for the choice at the time he was clear that Palin was "profoundly not qualified to be the president of the country" and their assuming certain givens..she was a sitting governor etc...they just assumed she would be qualified.

He all but called her a fucking babbling moron...seriously...he painfully belabored the point more than once how incredibley and profoundly was inadaquit for the task.

That's the first time I have heard a republican no less a deep insider make that admission.

Kudos to Mr Schmidt for his candor and honesty.

By the way..THAT pick is why I did not vote for McCain..somewhat vindicated by his statements.

I know..old news..but it JUST happened.

In other words, he's admitted to be one of the people who sabatoged the McCain campaign more by undermining his selection of a VP who was more qualified than his opponent as a winner.

In other words, he's admitted to be one of the people who sabatoged the McCain campaign more by undermining his selection of a VP who was more qualified than his opponent as a winner.

Huh? That made no sense. He admitted that Palin cost McCain the election, He spoke for about ten minutes on his response to the foremnetioned question from the audience. Before you go off all stupid and everything you should find the Schmidt response ...probably cached in C-SPAN from today's mayoral conference. I don't have the link...I just saw it on C-SPAN 20 min ago..wasn't live but it was from today.

Forum List

Back