Stephen A. Smith: Blacks should vote GOP

"Twenty, thirty years ago a person would cringe you even mention getting welfare/government assistance" is the silliest comment in this column

"Twenty, thirty years ago a person would cringe you even mention getting welfare/government assistance" is the silliest comment in this column

Hardly.
There most certainly was a time when people had self respect.
I'd have to be near starving to death with no other option to even consider it.
Of course it would never reach that point because I'm not to proud to take whatever work necessary to survive.

This is a great idea, because Blacks have been the pawns of the Democrats for 50 years providing votes like clockwork and getting nothing in return. In one election if Blacks were to vote GOP, then Democrats would no longer take them for granted and might actually get off their asses and do something positive for Blacks instead of just calling the GOP Racists. That doesn't improve Black unemployment, that doesn't help keep Black families together. That doesn't provide training for Black youth to learn work skills and get them off the street. When Blacks just mindlessly vote Democrat +90% they DEVALUE themselves.
Where's your link to what he said?

Hardly.
Of course it would never reach that point because I'm not to proud to take whatever work necessary to survive.

And in a position to have any to take. You left that part out.

If you've never seen working people that had to apply and get welfare, then you know nothing of life in the USA or life in general...

Really? The vast majority of Americans never apply for or receive welfare and still have a pretty good grasp on life here and life in general. In fact, many of them worked overtime or 2 jobs in order to avoid needing welfare. Your empathy would seem more sincere if it extended to those who don't suck the gov't teat.

Pretty easy to sit on one's keyboard and pretend it's a simple choice of work or welfare, innit?
Ah, what would we do without the internet echo chamber. Why, we'd have to go out and experience real life.

Naah, fuck dat. Much easier to sip a mint julep and post blanket generalizations about people in whose shoes we've never walked.

Yanno, I watched my longtime g-friend work as many jobs and as many hours as necessary to sustain herself and her 2 kids. Smarmy keyboard leftists who would use the gov't teat to enslave America are our most dangerous 5th column.
INEPTOCRACY - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or even try are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Is there a point in there at all? I mean, one based on any kind of reality as opposed to wispy imaginary boogeyman action figures?

Hardly.

I could leave my house tomorrow morning and have a job by the end of the day.
Of course I live in Texas so thats really not that remarkable.

This is a great idea, because Blacks have been the pawns of the Democrats for 50 years providing votes like clockwork and getting nothing in return. In one election if Blacks were to vote GOP, then Democrats would no longer take them for granted and might actually get off their asses and do something positive for Blacks instead of just calling the GOP Racists. That doesn't improve Black unemployment, that doesn't help keep Black families together. That doesn't provide training for Black youth to learn work skills and get them off the street. When Blacks just mindlessly vote Democrat +90% they DEVALUE themselves.
Where's your link to what he said?

I asked that back on page 1. He did come back to tell me who he is (a sports commentator) but I never got the link.
We're still running on fumes here. And tangents off the fumes.

Indeed for all we know there's no such statement at all and all of this is moot.

Hardly.

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Not everyone has your same situation, just as not everyone has mine. So for either of us to stand on some soapbox and wag our finger that it's no different for anybody else is a blatant fallacy.

Hardly.
That is your personal opinion, nothing more.

Yeah, the link exists. I watched him on TV yesterday. His comments were a bit surprising.

Look it up.

Last edited:
If you've never seen working people that had to apply and get welfare, then you know nothing of life in the USA or life in general...

Really? The vast majority of Americans never apply for or receive welfare and still have a pretty good grasp on life here and life in general. In fact, many of them worked overtime or 2 jobs in order to avoid needing welfare. Your empathy would seem more sincere if it extended to those who don't suck the gov't teat.
But under Bush, Republicans made sure millions of good paying jobs were moved to China. More than 40,000 factories were closed forever. And they block health care, even though medical bills are the number one cause of bankruptcy. They fight a minimize wage and want to block benefits. Has there ever been such a disgusting, heartless and nasty party in the history of the US? I mean besides the US Nazi party and the Communist Party?

Hardly.

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Not everyone has your same situation, just as not everyone has mine. So for either of us to stand on some soapbox and wag our finger that it's no different for anybody else is a blatant fallacy.
He was talking about a minimum wage job requiring no education and getting no benefits that you can't really live on. That's about the best most of today's Republicans can expect. It's why they see immigrants as such a "threat".

And so, the OP lists a name in the title, but then does not link to the name in the OP text and leads us to believe that what he says is what this Smith guy says......

Why are Righties so unbelievably lazy when it comes to getting information out there?

Really, this is just plain old sad....

Well you best call out the nigga in the whitehouse.
He's the one who claims things are just peachy.

And know you know why blacks are very unlikely to vote Republican. You just outed yourself.

It was obviously humor which, I suspect, is why you didn't get it.

Humor huh?

What's the joke? Essplain.
You do understand -- the original isn't bolded or supersized. That might have been humor...

And know you know why blacks are very unlikely to vote Republican. You just outed yourself.

Humor huh?

You do understand -- the original isn't bolded or supersized. That might have been humor...

Humor, it is said, requires at least a modicum of intelligence which, evidently, is sorely missing in at least 2 of this board's loony lefties.

Humor huh?

Humor, it is said, requires at least a modicum of intelligence which, evidently, is sorely missing in at least 2 of this board's loony lefties.

When applying the butthurt creme, please make sure to not get it in your eyes.

Humor huh?

The world notes that when asked to explain your claim of humor you're only response was the ad hominem of a four-year-old. "humma humma humma..."

Claim thus obliterated.

Forum List

Back