Let's Talk About "Oreos"

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
This term was invented to describe African Americans who are "Black on the outside, but White on the inside." The implication is that genuine African Americans must be different, in thought, word or deed, from White Americans. Is this not a proclamation that fundamental differences exist between races? If this is so, then expectations that various races should score equally in various statistical categories are completely without logical justification.

For those who subscribe to this terminology, please explain what these "inside" differences are and why they exist. Conversely, is it possible for White Americans to be Black on the inside?

jwoodie, the intelligent folks here fully expect you to score in the lowest 20% of any race.

7754197026_b9765a2690_b.jpg

It's a custom in the summer in Baltimore to serve Oreos up deep fried.
But if it's people one is discussing and not cookies, people can choose who they want to be in the USA, how they wish to think and behave. To cite one example, black artists and musicians can create works of art and music in whatever style they choose to. Andre Watts is a great classical pianist. I don't think that anyone would refer to him as an "Oreo".

As you can see, you aren't going to get much by way of serious responses. The OP is too much of a challenge to the fundamental liberal belief that only whites can be racist.

Racist threads like this are not given much credence by most non-racists. And some just have fun with the racists.

jwoodie, you have no intent to have such a discussion.

The entire Board knows that.

Honest Americans, including liberals and conservatives, can talk fairly and openly about race. Dishonest Americans will lie about it.

This term was invented to describe African Americans who are "Black on the outside, but White on the inside." The implication is that genuine African Americans must be different, in thought, word or deed, from White Americans. Is this not a proclamation that fundamental differences exist between races? If this is so, then expectations that various races should score equally in various statistical categories are completely without logical justification.

For those who subscribe to this terminology, please explain what these "inside" differences are and why they exist. Conversely, is it possible for White Americans to be Black on the inside?
You sound ignorant as usual but I will give this a swing in the hopes you are truly seeking enlightenment.

An Oreo is a Black person that has the following defining characteristics.

1. They must be the Black person that ingratiates themselves to white people in the hopes of not being judged as a Black person.
2. They must talk badly in public to whites about aspects of Black culture.
4. They must express gratitude for whites in all aspects of life.
3. They must curse themselves for being born Black.

I prefer to call them Uncle Ruckus's.

1. They must be the Black person that ingratiates themselves to white people in the hopes of not being judged as a Black person.

Therefor, Blacks should:

1. Never ingratiate themselves to white people because they might not be judged as a Black person.
2. Never acknowledge any problems with Black culture when speaking to a white.
4. Never express gratitude for whites in any aspect of life.
3. Always think of themselves as Black first and American last.

Fits you to a tee.

View attachment 38204
It's a custom in the summer in Baltimore to serve Oreos up deep fried.
But if it's people one is discussing and not cookies, people can choose who they want to be in the USA, how they wish to think and behave. To cite one example, black artists and musicians can create works of art and music in whatever style they choose to. Andre Watts is a great classical pianist. I don't think that anyone would refer to him as an "Oreo".
I have not been able to eat an Oreo since the first time I got really stoned, got the munchies, and ate about 100 of them.

Therefor, Blacks should:

1. Never ingratiate themselves to white people because they might not be judged as a Black person.

Fits you to a tee.

I agree with all but #1 and #3. It should read as the following.

1. Never ingratiate themselves to white people because there is no need to ingratiate oneself to anyone let alone white people.
3. Never express gratitude for whites until they do something deserving of it like anyone else.

Therefor, Blacks should:

Fits you to a tee.

I agree with all but #1 and #3. It should read as the following.

1. Never ingratiate themselves to white people because there is no need to ingratiate oneself to anyone let alone white people.
3. Never express gratitude for whites until they do something deserving of it like anyone else.

That certainly is a two way street.

IRL, I see people, not race.

Since I taught in majority black(depending on how you define black) schools, most of the people I know are black.

I'd be lonely as Hell without my black former students and friends.

Forum List

Back