stay classy, barack

I like the one from August 8.

Thanks for the link, it doesn't seem that any of the pictures there are put up with partisan intent.

partisan intent has nothing to do with it.

the families of the dead servicemen wanted NO PICTURES taken of the event.

not no pictures except if the president's there. no fucking pictures, period.

additionally, the white house sent pictures to the media for publication.

I didn't know about that part.

Yeah, me either. I think I need a "link."

I like the one from August 8.

Thanks for the link, it doesn't seem that any of the pictures there are put up with partisan intent.

If you say so, Del. I read it that they didn't want caskets taken for pictures.

I still can't wrap my head around them not wanting a picture of the president honoring them.

well read it again-it explicitly said they wanted no pictures of any kind.

people grieve in different ways; i feel very strongly that their wishes should have been honored. i'd feel that way regardless of who was pres.

In the interest of science, I downloaded the picture and noticed that Obama isn't wearing a wedding ring.

Therefore, he is a Muslim (they don't wear wedding rings during Ramadan) that is having hot monkey sex with Dick Cheney.

If you say so, Del. I read it that they didn't want caskets taken for pictures.

I still can't wrap my head around them not wanting a picture of the president honoring them.

well read it again-it explicitly said they wanted no pictures of any kind.

people grieve in different ways; i feel very strongly that their wishes should have been honored. i'd feel that way regardless of who was pres.
Okie dokie.

Now news organizations are wondering why the White House was allowed to take and distribute that photo when media covering the event were barred from taking any.

The guiding rule since 2009 has been that if families approved, the sad events at Dover AFB could be memorialized in photographs. But in this case, 19 of 30 families nixed the idea, and the Pentagon said no pictures could be taken even if they didn't show the cases of fallen Navy SEALs and others, despite protests from several news groups.

Even the Pentagon itself didn't take photos. But the White House did, posting it on its website and sending it out so that newspapers could portray their president saluting.
Photo of Obama saluting fallen troops questioned - The Oval - USATODAY.com

Is this the latest right-wing topic of the day?

TBer 1 "Can you believe Obama rode in Air Force One"!?!?

TBer 2: "He's just to look (ssshhhhh) *Presidential*"!!!

it's in the link at the OP

"The White House routinely releases photos taken by the White House photographers in specific circumstances where it would be inappropriate to include members of the media," Carney said. "In this case, the White House released the photo, in the interests of transparency, so that the American people could have as much insight as possible into this historic and sobering event."

Now news organizations are wondering why the White House was allowed to take and distribute that photo when media covering the event were barred from taking any.

The guiding rule since 2009 has been that if families approved, the sad events at Dover AFB could be memorialized in photographs. But in this case, 19 of 30 families nixed the idea, and the Pentagon said no pictures could be taken even if they didn't show the cases of fallen Navy SEALs and others, despite protests from several news groups.

Even the Pentagon itself didn't take photos. But the White House did, posting it on its website and sending it out so that newspapers could portray their president saluting.

Posting it on whitehouse.gov and releasing it to the media are two different things.

Give Barry a little slack bro. Community activists learned to salute on the street corner by touching the index finger holding a $20 to their foreheads. It would either buy a vote or a pack of grass.

Posting it on whitehouse.gov and releasing it to the media are two different things.

and they did both

thanks for playing

Any time, man.

I would be honored more by the president's salute than being brushed under the rug to keep things pc.

I congratulate our president for being there to honor our dead heroes

The photo is a beautiful shot and will be cherished by the families of the dead

Sending it out, distributing it, releasing it... Is there a difference...?

It is worth the time. Obama cannot even honor the Nation's war dead without cheesing it up with a photo-op. Pictures were not supposed to have been taken and surely not released. I chatted with a lady at the gym yesterday. Her husband is an old frogman and her son is a recently graduated SEAL just assigned to one of our east coast teams. She is pissed and fed-up with the way the information flow concerning "secret" warriors is being handled. They, the families, and the country deserves better.

Pictures of caskets weren't taken. If the lady doesn't like it she shouldn't join the military. Is she mad about the seal team VI book out now?

Any time, man.

I would be honored more by the president's salute than being brushed under the rug to keep things pc.

The article did say 11 of the 30 families did not object... It's just the principle of the thing, though. The WH could have, should have honored the Pentagon's request and waited.

When will the man learn to respect the wishes of people?
White House Photo of Ceremony for U.S. Troops Killed in Afghanistan Sparks Controversy - FoxNews.com
If he is going to take a photo op of him saluting, the least he could do is learn how to salute properly, that index finger needs to be touching the corner of your eyebrow there Mr. President, and also if it is not being done, tuck that damn thumb in!!!! :lol:

If a picture of you were taken, at that angle, when you were in the process of rendering a salute how would it look? Or doesn't your hand travel to your eyebrow before touching it?

Any time, man.

honoring a request for privacy is not being brushed under the rug, and i wouldn't equate that request with an attempt to be politically correct.

Forum List

Back