stay classy, barack

All presidential photo-ops are shameful. It's not like Obama is the first to exploit military deaths for better PR.

Last edited:
one more time-

In addition, the Pentagon rejected media requests to take photos that showed officials at the ceremony but did not depict caskets.

I think the issue is
the Pentagon banned the media from this event
honoring the request from the majority of the families

but the WH (and it doesn't matter who is in the WH! )
chose to
ignore
the
family
requests
and
the
Pentagon
ban.

I like the one from August 8.

Thanks for the link, it doesn't seem that any of the pictures there are put up with partisan intent.

partisan intent has nothing to do with it.

the families of the dead servicemen wanted NO PICTURES taken of the event.

not no pictures except if the president's there. no fucking pictures, period.

additionally, the white house sent pictures to the media for publication.

Thanks for the link, it doesn't seem that any of the pictures there are put up with partisan intent.

I didn't know about that part.

You know what I have always found tacky?

The Gettysburg Address.

Gettysburg Address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

50,000 Americans lost their lives and the President has the gall to show up at the dedication of the cemetery and give a completely political speech encouraging us to "stay the course".

I mean, Lincoln used a somber event to basically make an appeal to the American people to keep him in office and not give in to the Copperheads. Copperheads (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THE NERVE OF THAT MAN!

(this post made without even a hint of sarcasm)

i don't recall the families of the deceased asking that lincoln not go to gettysburg.

keep swinging

I didn't know about that part.

well you know now! slacker!!!!!
129161956729992540.gif

the rationale is that it went against the express wishes of the families

pretty basic stuff

It was the express wishes of that family that no pictures were to be taken of the President?

Pentagon officials had said that because 19 of 30 of the American families of the dead had objected to media coverage of the remains coming off a plane at Dover Air Force Base, no images could be taken. In addition, the Pentagon rejected media requests to take photos that showed officials at the ceremony but did not depict caskets.
White House photo sparks protest - Yahoo! News

are you this stupid in real life?

that's a rhetorical question, btw

:eusa_shhh:

There are also bereaved families that object to our military still being in Afghanistan.

I mean, seriously, the liberal wing was crying about the banning of wartime funerals for years, and I think Obama has only carried on what was mostly expected at this point.

George W Bush also stood before two former Presidents' caskets for a photo op: Ford and Reagan.

From the WH's old website (Bush era):

20040611-2_reagan1-1-515h.jpg

and

20070102_d-0241-1-275h.jpg

not to mention the 4,082 photos of him with the military.

the rationale is that it went against the express wishes of the families

pretty basic stuff

It was the express wishes of that family that no pictures were to be taken of the President?

Pentagon officials had said that because 19 of 30 of the American families of the dead had objected to media coverage of the remains coming off a plane at Dover Air Force Base, no images could be taken. In addition, the Pentagon rejected media requests to take photos that showed officials at the ceremony but did not depict caskets.

Dude, you can insult me all you like but that doesn't change the fact no media coverage took place and no media were present at the ceremony. Putting it in larger font doesn't make you any more correct. It just makes you look desperate. Spin it till you are dizzy, them's the facts.

Dude, you can insult me all you like but that doesn't change the fact no media coverage took place and no media were present at the ceremony. Spin it till you are dizzy, them's the facts.

what part of "no images could be taken" do you not understand? Barack already has Michelle to blow him. He doesn't need you to help out.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Dude, you can insult me all you like but that doesn't change the fact no media coverage took place and no media were present at the ceremony. Putting it in larger font doesn't make you any more correct. It just makes you look desperate. Spin it till you are dizzy, them's the facts.

so you are now down to quibbling over who the 'media' is though the clear intent of the families as prescribed by the pentagon was breached BY the media arm of the WH? The White House Office of Public Engagement ?

the facts are as follows, *dude*

the media wasn't present because the families didn't want any pictures taken

they didn't say, *we don't want any pics except for the president's photographer's*.

the wh ignored the bereaved families' wishes by a) taking the picture(s) and b) distributing them to the media.

i can see you're fine with that.

stay classy :thup:

If you say so, Del. I read it that they didn't want caskets taken for pictures.

I still can't wrap my head around them not wanting a picture of the president honoring them.

Forum List

Back