Stationary Energy Sources In US

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Stationary energy is what you think of as power plants, mobile is what you think of as cars and planes. We use very little oil for stationary energy sources.

lT-LLA-0Ft5yGmLht4e5P7QFjW2pcM7G0Wzni1ab21TyTmD0gZZLx0jVSR4Vy7_b8aJj1mJi25vQRAU7MLX3We5Ok9n5pOalmdLXoDVPyYpjPfL4yzNBFxhO

Current Distribution:
(1) Coal - 42.3%
(2) Natural Gas - 24.7%
(3) Nuclear - 19.3%
(4) Hydro - 7.6%
(5) Wind - 2.9%
(6) Biomass - 1.4%
(7) Geothermal - 0.4%
(8) Oil - 0.4%
(9) Other Sources - 0.6%
(10) Solar - 0.04%

Mobile Source - Nearly 100% oil.

What can you take from this chart:
(1) Natural gas is growing in usage (used to be under 10%) just a decade ago.
(2) Coal is decreasing (used to be 48% a decade ago)
(3) Nuclear is steady
(4) Hydro is well under utilized
(5) Wind can be pushed more
(6) Solar is useless in it's current state
(7) The lefties hate our top four fuel sources

Here is what I think out goal distributions should be by 2025 and 2050.
(1) Natural Gas - 35%
(2) Nuclear - 20%
(3) Hydro - 15%
(4) Coal - 14%
(5) Wind - 10%
(6) Biomass - 4%
(7) Other/Geothermal - 1%
(8) Solar - 1%
(9) Oil - 0%
Mobile -
(1) Oil - 75%
(2) Stationary - 25%

Rationale - Hydro is a proven renewable source that works, but the leftist hate it. Nevertheless there is no reason we can't double it's utilization. Wind is promising. I believe in the T Boone Pickets plan. I think if we build in the NW Wind corridor we can meet these levels. Are are seeing a boom in natural gas. It's cleaner, safer, less costly and easier to pull out of the ground than coal. I think it should replace coal as as our primary fuel source. Nuclear society isn't going to allow us to build in it, so keep it steady. Coal gets the big reduction. It's not as clean (by clean I mean other pollutant not CO2), efficient and is more costly and dangerous to pull out of the ground that natural gas. Oil shouldn't be used by any state for stationary sources. Biomass is turning our waste into fuel, we should do this regardless. Solar has a huge goal of 1%! :badgrin: For I think the electric car is the wave of the future. I think it will be perfected by 2025.

2050:
(1) Wind - 25%
(2) Hydro - 20%
(3) Natural Gas - 20%
(4) Nuclear - 15%
(5) Solar - 10%
(6) Biomass - 8%
(7) Other (Coal and oil included here) - 2%
Mobile Sources:
(1) Electric - 100%

I think wind will be out main source by 2050, hydro will be tapped. Natural gas will still be there and same with nuclear. I am predicting huge technological advancements in solar. The world is pouring a ton of money into it and eventually there will be a break through. Same with biomass. I am predicting the law new gas powered cars will come out around 2035, the used gas fueled car market will take it to 2040, however gas stations will be harder to find and gas will start to skyrocket. A few stragglers will bleed into 2040s and by 2050 there will be no more gas stations.

Hydro won't be able to be increased because dams will be opposed by environmentalists. Airplanes will not run on batteries. As the mix changes prices for different energy sources will change and so their usage will change. I will vote for much increased nuclear with many smaller units. Your analysis assumes a lot of energy decentralization, I hope that happens.

Forum List

Back