Starting my summer wardrobe.

I binged watched the whole Frankie and Gracie series in Oct. can't wait for season 2.

Well you have the beach close by so you can get away with wearing these awesome cloths.
I wear many of them already since my breast cancer surgery , and being hot from the treatment...

I love the hippie clothing she wears..and I love that house too.

I loved her clothes. It got me motivated. And yeah..I hear ya about the hot sweats and breast cancer. Me too. In fact, I want to design everything where there are airy folds of clothing over my left side of my chest....NO PROSTHESIS NEEDED! I can go without a bra this summer! WOOT!

I can't wear anything but a t-shirt ,because of it hurting my chest.

Maybe , just Maybe your future is calling you to integrate your love and experience of breast cancer combined with light and flowing clothing , and open another store. No big company would be making anything like it.

I have been to a store where the owner is a breast cancer survivor for wigs and hats, she has a booming business.
I would drive for miles to come to a store like the clothing you are talking about...

I have an idea of a DIY (Do It Yourself) open caftan top.

Skinny scarves with fringe. The standard. You can find them at thrift shops CHEAP. Sew all of them together like you are making a blanket. Then flip them in half top to bottom. Stitch each side kimono style, leave front open. VOILA! Instant summer shawl/duster/kimono for summer! I figure I will need about 4 of them...6 inches wide. And I have OODLES of scarves all over my room for boho decor!

I'm going to try it!

I binged watched the whole Frankie and Gracie series in Oct. can't wait for season 2.

Well you have the beach close by so you can get away with wearing these awesome cloths.
I wear many of them already since my breast cancer surgery , and being hot from the treatment...

I loved her clothes. It got me motivated. And yeah..I hear ya about the hot sweats and breast cancer. Me too. In fact, I want to design everything where there are airy folds of clothing over my left side of my chest....NO PROSTHESIS NEEDED! I can go without a bra this summer! WOOT!

Maybe , just Maybe your future is calling you to integrate your love and experience of breast cancer combined with light and flowing clothing , and open another store. No big company would be making anything like it.

I have been to a store where the owner is a breast cancer survivor for wigs and hats, she has a booming business.
I would drive for miles to come to a store like the clothing you are talking about...

Already crossed my mind, but I don't have the energy any more to deal with the public. However, I can share ideas with you!

Can you wear something like this?

rayon-batik-poncho-tops-green.jpg

Very easy to make. VERY. Just fold a sarong in half, cut along the fold lightly, sew or don't sew the raw edge of the neck. Hand stitch the sides up about halfway..... Made of rayon so cool and flowey. And CHEAP. Just buy sarongs at a thrift store. I could wear it and probably would but I would want to add a scarf and stitch it to the neck so it flows down the left side to hide the missing breast.

Already crossed my mind, but I don't have the energy any more to deal with the public. However, I can share ideas with you!

Can you wear something like this?

rayon-batik-poncho-tops-green.jpg

Very easy to make. VERY. Just fold a sarong in half, cut along the fold lightly, sew or don't sew the raw edge of the neck. Hand stitch the sides up about halfway..... Made of rayon so cool and flowey. And CHEAP. Just buy sarongs at a thrift store. I could wear it and probably would but I would want to add a scarf and stitch it to the neck so it flows down the left side to hide the missing breast.

I had one, but didn't seem feminine.. Hand made...

il_570xN.893247491_44ng.jpg

Get a gauzey one. Sarongs come in all colors and materials. I have a turqoise one in my closet that I will be making a caftan out of...open front. White leggings and a white tank top and turqoise accent hair clip...it will be very casual but nice too.

My gos got me something for christmas and I love it...its essentially a loght knit approx the size of a saddle blanket or small rug. the short edged are fringed, and one side is split up to the.halway mark so its not exactly a poncho not exactly a sarape not exactly a sarong. it is so stinking cool, im going to make more. I get cold during the day, have been known to wrap up in a blanket and wristwarmers.at work, this is nicer.

My gos got me something for christmas and I love it...its essentially a loght knit approx the size of a saddle blanket or small rug. the short edged are fringed, and one side is split up to the.halway mark so its not exactly a poncho not exactly a sarape not exactly a sarong. it is so stinking cool, im going to make more. I get cold during the day, have been known to wrap up in a blanket and wristwarmers.at work, this is nicer.

Sounds really warm and cozy.

Amazing that the 1970's poncho is coming back again, it has been peeking back for a few years and will be out full bloom next fall I bet.
I saw one one Ralph Lauren that is awesome, but the $400.00 price is not so awesome.

Got back from the thrift store awhile ago. Got 3 more skirts like the one above! (Post #7). One grey and black, other 2 in blues.

Forum List

Back