Starship Set to Launch Monday

I traveled down to KSC and watched Columbia on a night launch on the mission that placed the Chandra X-Ray telescope into space. They scrubbed twice and we had to stay over an extra couple of days but that memory is bucket-list material :)

We spent the day on the base doing tours and such and rode out to the bank of the Banana River to watch the liftoff. The light that emanated from the engines/boosters had a golden cast to it. The observation area was 6 miles away from the pad and when that thing lit off, it was bright enough to read newspaper print.

We live in a semi-rural area that has very poor internet speeds and we got on the waiting list for Starlink, last year. We were told our area would have coverage at some point in '23. Still waiting...
Daughter has Starlink. North MN......everything else in the area is crap as far as internet

I traveled down to KSC and watched Columbia on a night launch on the mission that placed the Chandra X-Ray telescope into space. They scrubbed twice and we had to stay over an extra couple of days but that memory is bucket-list material :)

We spent the day on the base doing tours and such and rode out to the bank of the Banana River to watch the liftoff. The light that emanated from the engines/boosters had a golden cast to it. The observation area was 6 miles away from the pad and when that thing lit off, it was bright enough to read newspaper print.
I saw a shuttle launch from Orlando once. The power from that rocket was amazing. But I hat doesn't even compare to the power of Starship

We live in a semi-rural area that has very poor internet speeds and we got on the waiting list for Starlink, last year. We were told our area would have coverage at some point in '23. Still waiting...

Well, apparently they haven't even got their spy satellites...........OH, I mean their COMMUNICATIONS satellites up in orbit yet. And it takes a few months to get them positioned, turned on, and calibrated for thier duties. So you may be looking at the end of the year or next spring.

2,000,000 pound payloads in the near future

Wow.
Musk wants to go to space REALLY, REALLY, REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYY BAD, doesn't he?!!!

Could we actually SEE a town of humans on Mars before we die? The possibility grows more realistic every day.

Hydrogen and Oxygen as fuel......clean fuel. I was ready to write a nasty letter to Musk after seeing the ocean lift off, but two chemicals already found in nature? Nah.

And if they want to reuse rocket parts, all they have to do is equip them with parachutes that open at a specifically designed time, so they land softly where ever they are supposed to land. I mean, they did it in the 60's to the space pods for the astronauts, why can't they do it to the fuselages of the rocket?

As long as Musk is on OUR side and doesn't flip to the NAZI side.........I really don't have any qualms, with the exception of Tesla vehicles.

Forum List

Back