"Starrrr Warrrrrrsss ... Nuh-Thing but Starrrr Warrrrrsssss ..."

"The Mandalorian". Why?

I guess Disney intends to suck the property dry for whatever it can get.

The last movie sucked. I will watch the next when it streams for continuity's sake, and then I will be done with Star Wars.

Disney's 'Star Wars' Streaming Series Trailer Is Here, Featuring Werner Herzog | HuffPost
The Mandalorian is the rebooted Boba Fett movie they scrapped earlier and the Obi Wan series is a previously scrapped movie also.

So yes. Disney is sucking it dry.

Going to see a 'Star Wars movie these days is like have sex with an ex.

Sure, it was great back then, but you've seen it all before.

"The Mandalorian". Why?

The last movie sucked. I will watch the next when it streams for continuity's sake, and then I will be done with Star Wars.

Disney's 'Star Wars' Streaming Series Trailer Is Here, Featuring Werner Herzog | HuffPost
The Mandalorian is the rebooted Boba Fett movie they scrapped earlier and the Obi Wan series is a previously scrapped movie also.

Actually, from what I've read The Mandalorian takes place after the fall of the Empire and before the rise of The New Order, and will not involve Boba Fett. It will be a different person wearing the armor. If I remember correctly, in some Star Wars novels it was explained that Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian, but rather his armor is. I don't know if that's going to be what the name of the show indicates, though.

"The Mandalorian". Why?

Actually, from what I've read The Mandalorian takes place after the fall of the Empire and before the rise of The New Order, and will not involve Boba Fett. It will be a different person wearing the armor. If I remember correctly, in some Star Wars novels it was explained that Boba Fett is not a Mandalorian, but rather his armor is. I don't know if that's going to be what the name of the show indicates, though.
That’s correct. I read that the Boba Fett movie was retooled to this version. Sorry I guess I was unclear about that. But I had also heard it was turned into a prequel based on the books,like you stated. Are you going to get the streaming service?

"The Mandalorian". Why?

That’s correct. I read that the Boba Fett movie was retooled to this version. Sorry I guess I was unclear about that. But I had also heard it was turned into a prequel based on the books,like you stated. Are you going to get the streaming service?

My roommate is probably going to get Disney+. He may be getting a package deal that is supposedly going to include Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. I don't know if I'll get it myself when I next move. I might want to give it some time to decide if the content is worth it.

First of all, they're action flicks, not dramas.
Nobody expects stellar performances from the cast.
We watch for the special effects. You can watch the same one a dozen times and see a dozen things you never saw before.
I can't believe they're going to manage to put Carrie Fischer in the latest one. They just don't want to kill her off.

Will I go to a theater to watch? No way. I'll wait until it comes to On Demand.

First of all, they're action flicks, not dramas.
Nobody expects stellar performances from the cast.
We watch for the special effects. You can watch the same one a dozen times and see a dozen things you never saw before.
I can't believe they're going to manage to put Carrie Fischer in the latest one. They just don't want to kill her off.

Will I go to a theater to watch? No way. I'll wait until it comes to On Demand.

I want my Star Wars movies to be a good combination of action and drama. I think the special effects have been taking away from the movies for a long time now; ever since Lucas re-released the original movies with new effects, I've felt like there was too much focus on the visuals and not enough on the story.

I wonder at what point using more footage of Fischer becomes disrespectful?

The first Star Wars was groundbreaking, it changed movies forever.

The second Star Wars wasn't as much fun, but it was a better movie.

Every Star Wars ever since has been a disappointment.

The first Star Wars was groundbreaking, it changed movies forever.

The second Star Wars wasn't as much fun, but it was a better movie.

Every Star Wars ever since has been a disappointment.

Despite the Ewoks, I still enjoyed Jedi. And I definitely was not disappointed with The Force Awakens, because while it didn't live up to the originals, it was far, far better than the prequels. There was a very low bar for Force Awakens to meet. :lol: Even Last Jedi didn't exactly disappoint me, because again, my expectations weren't all that high.

Forum List

Back