Stand your ground defense?

There better be something more than being hit in the face with a bag of popcorn, much, much more for that defense to work. From what I've seen and read this moron needs to be in prison.

There better be something more than being hit in the face with a bag of popcorn, much, much more for that defense to work. From what I've seen and read this moron needs to be in prison.

I think he'd do better trying with a defense of temporary insanity.

More easily proven

Whatever the case, that guy deserved to be shot. Throwing food on someone is the second last resort of the inconsiderate.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with popcorn is a good guy with a gun.

Whatever the case, that guy deserved to be shot. Throwing food on someone is the second last resort of the inconsiderate.
Yes, clearly a perfectly reasonable response to being hit with popcorn is to shoot someone in the chest.

Popcorn is just to much. Had the person been a homo or muslim or democrat MAYBE. But JUST popcorn No.
You're making a fool of yourself!
And you generally do too. I'm not a big fan of Dark and Furry but I do know he's making fun of you guys with that comment. It's about as over the top as you all get when you're ranting about conservatives, gun rights or anything else you disagree with.
Hell, I'm surprised both you sides of the fringers here aren't running around with scimitars lopping the heads off of your opponents......... :eusa_whistle:

Popcorn is just to much. Had the person been a homo or muslim or democrat MAYBE. But JUST popcorn No.
And you generally do too. I'm not a big fan of Dark and Furry but I do know he's making fun of you guys with that comment. It's about as over the top as you all get when you're ranting about conservatives, gun rights or anything else you disagree with.
Hell, I'm surprised both you sides of the fringers here aren't running around with scimitars lopping the heads off of your opponents......... :eusa_whistle:
Its a bad shoot for all the right reasons. Having popcorn thrown at you is NO excuse to shoot. Punch MAYBE, shoot NO WAY.

55796.jpg

Back in the 1960s a retired NYPD sergeant got into an argument with a street peddler in the Times Square area. The peddler punched the retired cop in the face, the ex-cop drew his concealed .38 and shot the peddler, killing him. I don't remember the final outcome but I do recall the ex-cop was arrested and charged with murder.

What I do recall is this incident took place shortly after the Penal Law was changed (in 1964) from something resembling the current Stand Your Ground proviso to the more restrictive (New York State) requirement for absolute necessity to justify the use of deadly force.

It appears ex-cops are conditioned by the "defending my life" frame of mind which develops over their years "in the job" and they react accordingly even after retirement.

It occurs to me that being punched is far more traumatic and threatening than being hit with some popcorn. So the outcome of this current case should be interesting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back