Stages of German Grief: We Hate America (And our journalists make stuff up)

FT_18.04.26_GermanyUS_Germanviewsof.png

The views track closely with U.S. policies, and the politicians who execute them.

That change in attitudes in close relation to real events and political developments, of course, is the typical behavior of ineducable America haters.

It could almost be funny - stereotyping Europeans in general, and Germans in particular - while wailing over stereotypical views (in large part invented), on the occasion of an exposed fabricator, while fabricating stories in "support" of the stereotyping.

Yeah, it absolutely is funny.

No it isn't . Every country is subject to stereotyping. And there's usually some truth to it..

In Germany, what they did in the War is never mentioned.

But Germans like to dress like Americans, eat like them, talk like them. Even drive SUV's like them. I passed by a huge RAM today in the streets.

Funny, that.

This chap was found out and sacked. You would have to be insane to build any other scenario out of this other than he was a fraud.
On the other hand the US media makes up stories about Europe every day. They are repeated on here by low info drones who lack the intelligence or education to realise they are being manipulated.

We were talking about Germany, despite your repeated attempts and excuses to bash America.
Nope you were bashing Germany on the back of a bizarre OP.

Here's a little "thought experiment" Tommy, since Leftists love those. Why is it that, in Leftists' minds, Germany is not guilty for what they did 70 years ago, and is to be left alone, but American is certainly guilty for crimes that are common to almost every nation on earth?

Think about that. I'll just wait right here for your answer.
I dont really understand what point you are making. Its obvious you dont like Germans and I guess you have your reasons.
But you are making a straw man here. Germany was guilty, there were trials and they continue to this day. What else would you have them do ? What punishment do you want ?

I understand that Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany. In the US people make a living at it.

Here's the real story, as documented by Der Spiegel. They were deceived by a fabricator who was a pretty prolific writer, and chose make things up, in part or whole, if the "story" he was chasing didn't quite work out. Pretty much the same as the OP.

Of course. But his particular fraud was a stereotype I've read from Europeans, and Germans in particular, in many places over the last several years. That basically: small town Americans are small-minded, poorly educated dolts who can't do better than to vote for Trump, of course.

He came to America to FIND that story. When he didn't find it, he made it up.

Yep, you obviously haven't read the link, and remaining uninformed facilitates your continued fabrications, reiterating your own, self-created stereotypes, which you weave into a broader narrative about "Europeans, and Germans in particular". Nothing thereof is even faintly similar to reality. But, go ahead, there's obviously something you need to get out of your system.
Have I missed something here ? I have never heard anybody spout crap like that in the OP. Is it part of something that I am not getting ?

This chap was found out and sacked. You would have to be insane to build any other scenario out of this other than he was a fraud.
On the other hand the US media makes up stories about Europe every day. They are repeated on here by low info drones who lack the intelligence or education to realise they are being manipulated.

We were talking about Germany, despite your repeated attempts and excuses to bash America.
Nope you were bashing Germany on the back of a bizarre OP.

Here's a little "thought experiment" Tommy, since Leftists love those. Why is it that, in Leftists' minds, Germany is not guilty for what they did 70 years ago, and is to be left alone, but American is certainly guilty for crimes that are common to almost every nation on earth?

Think about that. I'll just wait right here for your answer.
I dont really understand what point you are making. Its obvious you dont like Germans and I guess you have your reasons.
But you are making a straw man here. Germany was guilty, there were trials and they continue to this day. What else would you have them do ? What punishment do you want ?

I understand that Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany. In the US people make a living at it.

How should America pay for our crimes of past slavery (which are common to almost all nations, including yours) and racism?

Compare and contrast that to the Holocaust and give us your answer Tommy.

Have I missed something here ? I have never heard anybody spout crap like that in the OP. Is it part of something that I am not getting ?

Other than, up to now, Sue's desperate need to heap scorn on Those people, and her disfiguring of logic, facts, and reason in pursuit of that aim, no, I don't think you missed anything.

I can smell the projection from here. I don't have any particular animus toward "the German people"--whatever people those are. I don't see them as a monolithic tribe or race or whatever. What I DO see is the way they're behaving, which is the way all humans should be judged.

And they're undergoing some massive projection right now.

Here's the real story, as documented by Der Spiegel. They were deceived by a fabricator who was a pretty prolific writer, and chose make things up, in part or whole, if the "story" he was chasing didn't quite work out. Pretty much the same as the OP.

Of course. But his particular fraud was a stereotype I've read from Europeans, and Germans in particular, in many places over the last several years. That basically: small town Americans are small-minded, poorly educated dolts who can't do better than to vote for Trump, of course.

Yep, you obviously haven't read the link, and remaining uninformed facilitates your continued fabrications, reiterating your own, self-created stereotypes, which you weave into a broader narrative about "Europeans, and Germans in particular". Nothing thereof is even faintly similar to reality. But, go ahead, there's obviously something you need to get out of your system.

**Tommy runs into a novel thought**

**Tommy's head explodes**

"What I am supposed to do with THIS!?!? The Overlords didn't tell me what to think!!! What do the Overlords say, what do the Betters say??"

"What I am supposed to do with THIS!?!? The Overlords didn't tell me what to think!!! What do the Overlords say, what do the Betters say??"
Tommy sees bullshit and then wonders about your sanity.

A crooked hack gets rumbled and sacked and this is linked to the Holocaust. You should work for Disney with that imagination.

A crooked hack gets rumbled and sacked and this is linked to the Holocaust. You should work for Disney with that imagination.

Yes, he has animus for small-town Americans. He had animus for Americans, like you do, Tommy, and he came here to write what he had already decided to write. When he didn't find it, he made it up. In part because most of Germany is anti-American.

Clear enough for you?

Yes, he has animus for small-town Americans. He had animus for Americans, like you do, Tommy, and he came here to write what he had already decided to write. When he didn't find it, he made it up. In part because most of Germany is anti-American.

Clear enough for you?
No it isnt. You are basing your beliefs on the actions of one rogue. That is risible. His paper sacked him.

Germans have taken a strange turn in their "stages of grief" from the Holocaust. This turn is now judgmental--but mostly toward America. Thinking they have learned all the lessons and conquered all their demons, they turn their inner conflict toward lesser humans. But those lesser humans can't be lower status...that's "punching down", and they could stand accused of repeating their horrific past.

So they have turned their eye toward America. By my estimation this has been going on for years, and has only taken a worse turn since the election of President Trump. I have read Germans compare their Holocaust to crimes of much less severity, just the general human misery of one group stealing land from another. Which is misery.

But not the Holocaust. Not even close to the Holocaust. And of course only America is really accused in this crime.

But that's all a preface to the latest chapter in the story of "Stages of German Grief: We Hate America". This chapter has a German journalist with a sneering derision for small-town Americans (shocker!) coming over to catch them in all their redneck stupidity.

But he didn't find much, or any, redneck stupidity. So to appease the folks at home, he simply made some up. Pretty much all of it up. And the little rag he wrote for is Der Spiegel. But even Der Spiegel couldn't stomach the lies. So he's gone now and "can't be reached".

Germany’s Der Spiegel Says Reporter Made Up Facts

A poster named Lucy Hamilton accuses me of smearing the Germanic people with "hate and slander" in this and other posts. Lucy, speak up. My experience of many, maybe most, but not ALL, German people is that they DO carry an animus toward Americans in the last, say, 20 or so years that has gotten progressively worse. That does not mean I "hate" the German people for it. It does mean I trust them less and less.

Now. How is ANY of the above "slander"? Obviously, it is my opinion--although the opinion of Germans toward the American people is well documented.

Forum List

Back