Stages of German Grief: We Hate America (And our journalists make stuff up)

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Germans have taken a strange turn in their "stages of grief" from the Holocaust. This turn is now judgmental--but mostly toward America. Thinking they have learned all the lessons and conquered all their demons, they turn their inner conflict toward lesser humans. But those lesser humans can't be lower status...that's "punching down", and they could stand accused of repeating their horrific past.

So they have turned their eye toward America. By my estimation this has been going on for years, and has only taken a worse turn since the election of President Trump. I have read Germans compare their Holocaust to crimes of much less severity, just the general human misery of one group stealing land from another. Which is misery.

But not the Holocaust. Not even close to the Holocaust. And of course only America is really accused in this crime.

But that's all a preface to the latest chapter in the story of "Stages of German Grief: We Hate America". This chapter has a German journalist with a sneering derision for small-town Americans (shocker!) coming over to catch them in all their redneck stupidity.

But he didn't find much, or any, redneck stupidity. So to appease the folks at home, he simply made some up. Pretty much all of it up. And the little rag he wrote for is Der Spiegel. But even Der Spiegel couldn't stomach the lies. So he's gone now and "can't be reached".

Germany’s Der Spiegel Says Reporter Made Up Facts

whatever-you-do-dont-mention-the-war.jpg

Germans have taken a strange turn in their "stages of grief" from the Holocaust. This turn is now judgmental--but mostly toward America. Thinking they have learned all the lessons and conquered all their demons, they turn their inner conflict toward lesser humans. But those lesser humans can't be lower status...that's "punching down", and they could stand accused of repeating their horrific past.

So they have turned their eye toward America. By my estimation this has been going on for years, and has only taken a worse turn since the election of President Trump. I have read Germans compare their Holocaust to crimes of much less severity, just the general human misery of one group stealing land from another. Which is misery.

But not the Holocaust. Not even close to the Holocaust. And of course only America is really accused in this crime.

But that's all a preface to the latest chapter in the story of "Stages of German Grief: We Hate America". This chapter has a German journalist with a sneering derision for small-town Americans (shocker!) coming over to catch them in all their redneck stupidity.

But he didn't find much, or any, redneck stupidity. So to appease the folks at home, he simply made some up. Pretty much all of it up. And the little rag he wrote for is Der Spiegel. But even Der Spiegel couldn't stomach the lies. So he's gone now and "can't be reached".

I read this somewhere else. The Germans don't seem to have stringent laws regarding the publishing of untruths.

Princess Caroline of Monaco sued Bunte magazine twice through the courts, over lies it had published about her and her family.

They also ran some lie about Tom Cruise once.

They are always pushing blatant untruths about the British Royal Family, accompanied by lurid headlines.

How about the National Enquirer. How about them. Hillary is dying, Hillary gained 195lbs, etc.

And what does this have to do with WWII??

I read this somewhere else. The Germans don't seem to have stringent laws regarding the publishing of untruths.

Princess Caroline of Monaco sued Bunte magazine twice through the courts, over lies it had published about her and her family.

They are always pushing blatant untruths about the British Royal Family, accompanied by lurid headlines.

You probably already know this, but the US doesn't either. If you're a "public figure", pretty much the public can write about you. But this piece was different--it wasn't "celebrity journalism", it wasn't a puff piece. This guy seemed to make this stuff up wholecloth.

How about the National Enquirer. How about them. Hillary is dying, Hillary gained 195lbs, etc.

Read the OP. Did you read it? Here are the Cliff Notes: I'm making the case that the Germans are feeling guilt about the Holocaust still but have shuttered that guilt off on America. Got it?

You probably already know this, but the US doesn't either. If you're a "public figure", pretty much the public can write about you. But this piece was different--it wasn't "celebrity journalism", it wasn't a puff piece. This guy seemed to make this stuff up wholecloth.

That's right. Spiegel is supposed to be a high quality prestigious magazine. A bible to some Germans.

Has gone down the drain in recent years, approaching rag status. Some of their lurid covers depicting Jews and Americans. I refuse to read it any more.

Read the OP. Did you read it? Here are the Cliff Notes: I'm making the case that the Germans are feeling guilt about the Holocaust still but have shuttered that guilt off on America. Got it?

They do it to Israel too.

I got the drift of it, but again what does this have to do with WWII??
Global Indicators Database

And who--when you think about it---could write that script? How self-righteous and judgmental and unaware have the Germans become, really? 70 years on and they are so high and mighty they can lecture the entire world about OUR sins if we don't subscribe to their New and Improved Evolved Morality.

I just want to look at them and say....really, Germany?

REALLY.

Last edited:

Go on Penny, I'm not going to argue anything rational with a Holocaust denier.

And I don't think they have ever totally grasped the whole banality of evil, which pervaded every aspect of Third Reich daily life.

It wasn't just about killing people. Much of it was bureaucratic.

And who--when you think about it---could write that script? How self-righteous and judgment and unaware have the Germans become, really? 70 years on and they are so high and mighty they can lecture the entire world about OUR sins if we don't subscribe to their New and Improved Evolved Morality.

I just want to look at them and say....really, Germany?

REALLY.

Agree. Not many Germans 'get' it.

Though there are, thankfully a few, capable of free thinking.

Global Indicators Database

You're just diverting.

SS made the point of preaching morality to others.

Here's the real story, as documented by Der Spiegel. They were deceived by a fabricator who was a pretty prolific writer, and chose make things up, in part or whole, if the "story" he was chasing didn't quite work out. Pretty much the same as the OP.

Here's the real story, as documented by Der Spiegel. They were deceived by a fabricator who was a pretty prolific writer, and chose make things up, in part or whole, if the "story" he was chasing didn't quite work out. Pretty much the same as the OP.

Of course. But his particular fraud was a stereotype I've read from Europeans, and Germans in particular, in many places over the last several years. That basically: small town Americans are small-minded, poorly educated dolts who can't do better than to vote for Trump, of course.

He came to America to FIND that story. When he didn't find it, he made it up.

Nevertheless, Spiegel is biased, the bible of the liberal left. Almost as bad as Mother Jones.

Bild is far superior. Rough and ready. lol. But your type loves to look down your noses at the 'deplorables' who read it.

Of course. But his particular fraud was a stereotype I've read from Europeans, and Germans in particular, in many places over the last several years. That basically: small town Americans are small-minded, poorly educated dolts who can't do better than to vote for Trump, of course.

He came to America to FIND that story. When he didn't find it, he made it up.

Good for you.

OE is legendary.

This chap was found out and sacked. You would have to be insane to build any other scenario out of this other than he was a fraud.
On the other hand the US media makes up stories about Europe every day. They are repeated on here by low info drones who lack the intelligence or education to realise they are being manipulated.

Forum List

Back