Staff laughing while WWII veteran as he dies

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Video released of staff laughing at WWII veteran as he dies, screams in pain

A World War II veteran confined to a nursing home died while his calls for help went unanswered- and the whole thing was caught on hidden camera.

The incident took place at a Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation in 2014 , but the footage has only recently been made public by the family as part of a lawsuit.

89-year-old James Dempsey -who served his country during World War II- called for help six times, saying he couldn’t breathe.

When he finally became unresponsive, former nursing supervisor Wanda Nuckles approached the scene after being notified by another nurse.

Nuckles claimed she was began CPR and continued to do so until paramedics arrived- however, the camera tells a different tale.

When nurses had difficulty getting Dempsey’s oxygen machine operational during attempts to fix the issue, you can hear Nuckles and others laughing.

“In 43 years in nursing, I have never seen such disregard for human life in a healthcare setting, is what I witnessed,” said Elaine Harris, a retired nursing professor.

She criticized the nurses, claiming that the nurses failed to respond, assess and act- not to mention the failure to continuously perform CPR.

“That is absolutely inappropriate. You never stop compressions,” said Harris.

According to 11Alive, the family has reached a settlement agreement with home operators Sava Senior Care, who fired the nurses ten months after the video was brought to their attention.

Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation continued to have a history of problems after Dempsey’s death due to health and safety violations, earning a one-star rating from Medicare and over $813,113 in fines since 2015

This is why I would never want to be in a home. Incompetence.

Nurses and aides should be rotated out of working in such conditions. It is way to easy to become accustomed to the situation and quit taking it seriously. What the nurses did isn't that unusual, in my opinion. It is those nurses and aides that keep up with compassion and caring that should be exalted.

Is this a Vet Rehab, no, its not so why is WWII Vet in the title of all articles I see about this,

Are Vets suppose to get care over civilians??

Nursing homes pay so little, and will hire anyone they can get. Most are little more than a warehouse for old people till they die.

To me, every last person who looked at the man as if he were nothing but a comedy act should be fired and if any of them decided to do nothing but laugh, then they should be arrested for not even trying to save the man.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

I can't wait until those nurses are old and infirm enough to be at someone else's mercy. I think karma has a little gift-package for them.

The fact that he was a WWII veteran is irrelevant

The fact that he is a human being is

New footage shows nurses laughing as WWII veteran gasps, dies in hospital bed | American Military News

NBC affiliate 11 Alive conducted an investigation revealing the true story about what happened to a World War II veteran who died after calling for help in a hospital bed and gasping for air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May she never find another job in a nursing home , nor kids
Well hopefully this happens to this bitch when she gets old, pay back is a bitch ain't it. She just might end up in a nursing home herself then she'll know how it feels. Karma's coming for you bitch.

He looks like a racist. I wonder if this is why she was laughing at him?

th

So now all people have to do is look like a racist to you to be a considered a racist..... That's very progressive of you.

******SMILE*****

:)

th

So now all people have to do is look like a racist to you to be a considered a racist..... That's very progressive of you.

******SMILE*****

I'd have to reserve judgement until I know for sure but he does look like a racist and from that era? I'd be lying if I didnt admit it would be amusing to watch a racist die that was being taken care of by Black people. :laugh:

th

******SMILE*****

I'd have to reserve judgement until I know for sure but he does look like a racist and from that era? I'd be lying if I didnt admit it would be amusing to watch a racist die that was being taken care of by Black people. :laugh:

It would even be more amusing to you if they helped him to his end, huh. Like murder, ya know? Odd the things that amuse blacks...

Keep in mind that there are more white nurses taking care of black racists like you than the other way around. uh o...

upload_2017-11-17_14-18-58.jpeg

Which makes you no better than the type of people this veteran served this country in fighting against.

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back