CDZ ST. LOUIS RAMS COME OUT WITH 'HANDS UP, DON'T SHOOT' SALUTE

Carla_Danger

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2013
A Red Welfare State
handsup.jpg

St. Louis Rams Come Out with 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' Salute

While taking the field today to play the Oakland Raiders, several St. Louis Rams players decided to mimic the 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' gesture used by many protesters since the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson in nearby Ferguson, Mo. in August.

Despite winning the game, 52-0, the Rams find themselves at the receiving end of fury from many in the fan base as evidenced by some of the comments posted at their Facebook page. This could be the most significant political statement made at a major sporting event since the 'Black Power' salute at the 1968 Sumner Olympics.
tommie-smith-hmed-115a.grid-6x2.jpg

St. Louis Rams Come Out with Hands Up Don t Shoot Salute

I'm now a Rams fan! I think this country now needs an honest debate about police brutality, especially against black men and women.

Go Rams!

Since Mike Brown never put his hands up and said Don't Shoot, the Rams have been asked to apologize.

If they concentrated more on football, they wouldn't be in last place. Also, NFL players are like Hollywood actors........not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

With true irony, the football game was threatened with disruption. The Rams asked the police to provide security in riot gear. Go figure.

handsup.jpg

While taking the field today to play the Oakland Raiders, several St. Louis Rams players decided to mimic the 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' gesture used by many protesters since the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson in nearby Ferguson, Mo. in August.

Despite winning the game, 52-0, the Rams find themselves at the receiving end of fury from many in the fan base as evidenced by some of the comments posted at their Facebook page. This could be the most significant political statement made at a major sporting event since the 'Black Power' salute at the 1968 Sumner Olympics.

I'm now a Rams fan! I think this country now needs an honest debate about police brutality, especially against black men and women.

Go Rams!

You don't want honest debate. You've proven that. All you want is for white people to shut up and be told how bad they are.

Notice what the five have in common. Not surprised. Seems those players didn't get the word that thug Michael didn't have his hands up.

There were quite a few witnesses saying Brown did have his hands up. Then there's that video showing the response from others about how he had his hands up and was surrendering.

handsup.jpg

Go Rams!

You don't want honest debate. You've proven that. All you want is for white people to shut up and be told how bad they are.

Notice what the five have in common. Not surprised. Seems those players didn't get the word that thug Michael didn't have his hands up.

There were quite a few witnesses saying Brown did have his hands up. Then there's that video showing the response from others about how he had his hands up and was surrendering.

According to transcripts of the grand jury investigation into the deadly encounter in Ferguson, three of the witnesses to the shooting described Brown’s movements as a “charge.” Another couple said Brown may have been charging but were not sure. Most of the rest saw forward motion but described it as “steps” or “walking” or “stumbling,” with about a half dozen of these witnesses interpreting Brown’s actions as an attempt to surrender.

Was Michael Brown surrendering or advancing to attack Officer Darren Wilson - The Washington Post

Last edited by a moderator:
handsup.jpg

Go Rams!

Quite a few people think the Moon landing was faked. So what? The forensic evidence PROVED his hands were not up. It's time we stopped catering to morons.

handsup.jpg

Go Rams!

Quite a few people think the Moon landing was faked. So what? The forensic evidence PROVED his hands were not up. It's time we stopped catering to morons.

S
handsup.jpg

Go Rams!

The experts said otherwise and have no reason to be biased. Wonder how many of those witnesses are now looting businesses that had nothing to do with what happened because "they is be mad"?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The standards for getting a Fed indictment on a civil rights violation are too high, so case closed.

It is very possible to prosecute Darren Wilson for violating Mike Brown's civil rights. The bar is higher, so the investigation will take longer, but it is a very real possiblity.

That's how they nailed murderers of Civil Rights workers and leaders back in the 60's when juries refused to indict.

handsup.jpg

Go Rams!

Then there are the experts saying he didn't. I'll trust the experts.

Forum List

Back