St Benedicts of New Jersey...

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Should this be the model of all public schools?

I knew about this school because they are a power house in high school basketball. However, last night on 60 minutes I saw another side to this school. In addition to having a power house basketball team they also have a power house soccer team. The school is primarily made up of Black and Latino inner city youth. Most importantly they graduate 98% of their students from high school and of those 98% that graduate 85% obtain a college degree. The students are required to take a leader ship role in running the school and the results speak for themselves.

St. Benedict's empowers students and sees results

Anything to keep the inner city kids off of drugs and out of gangs I'm in favor of. I saw it as well and while it might be a bit like basic training, as long as it does not go overboard, I think its great.

Anything to keep the inner city kids off of drugs and out of gangs I'm in favor of. I saw it as well and while it might be a bit like basic training, as long as it does not go overboard, I think its great.
It makes you wonder how is it that somebody that knows nothing about education could pull off such a feat when we have people that supposedly study education that cant get it done. It hit home for me on two fronts.

Forum List

Back