Spray Foam Insulation

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Thinking of insulating the attic using spray foam. Been doing a lot of research on this stuff. Very concerned about potential problems, especially have asthma people living in the house. Hard to find info on possible dangers of it, although I've found some good sites/links that we're reviewing.

Any thoughts, information, experience, etc anyone has had with it would be appreciated.

Thinking of insulating the attic using spray foam. Been doing a lot of research on this stuff. Very concerned about potential problems, especially have asthma people living in the house. Hard to find info on possible dangers of it, although I've found some good sites/links that we're reviewing.

Any thoughts, information, experience, etc anyone has had with it would be appreciated.
Probably better than the blown fiberglass shit.

It's not foam, at least what I'm familiar with. There's a blown insulation but you can buy better stuff (Earth friendly) in compressed bales and break it apart and do it yourself. Much more work though but cheaper labor wise. Maybe material wise as well.

Probably better than the blown fiberglass shit.

Have read some horror stories when it's installed improperly, found some info from the EPA but it's four years old, seems as if it could be a 'we don't know what we don't know' type thing. Then again, maybe not and we're just being overly concerned.

Forum List

Back