Spouse's voting for the other guy?

my husband is a lifelong republican....he doesn't like mccain or obama and is writing his own candidate in...so he says :eek:....and i can live with that...

He didn't invent it. He just perfected it. Although I'm told our founding fathers said some pretty nasty stuff about each other.

He does get some super style points. I just find it funny that these tactics are now referred to as Rovian. He didn't reinvent the wheel, he just put a tire on it.

Step back right now mother fucker.

i might be old fashioned but no one and i do mean no one insults my wife.

You want to be that kind of an asshole do it somewhere else or at least do it to my face so i can personally fuck you up.

Heys she's cool.. youve said that already.. however, that your understanding of Obamas economic plan and its effects on small business is just plain stupid.. I'm sure your wife is wonderful.... its you thats fucked up...

Heys she's cool.. youve said that already.. however, that your understanding of Obamas economic plan and its effects on small business is just plain stupid.. I'm sure your wife is wonderful.... its you thats fucked up...

you tell me how BHO raising corporate taxes on the big companies from which i have to orderproducts and equipment i need to stay in business is good for me.

So BHO raises corporate tax levels on Pfizer, i happen to buy a lot of stuff from Pfizer. Guess what; my cost of doing business just went up because Pfizer will pass their higher tax burden on to me.

The same goes for every other large pharmaceutical co. or equipment co. that I buy from. Their higher tax bill gets passed on to me therefore i have to charge a higher price to to stay afloat who gets it in the end? Ultimately my customers do. Or if I find that I can't raise prices because I'll start losing customers thereby shrinknig my business income even more what do you think I'll do? Keep in mind thatI have to bring in at least 60K a month just to cover my expenses you know payroll, taxes unemployment insurance liability insurance, heat electric, employree benefits .........

So if i have to raise prices to adjust for the higher prices my suppliers charge me to make up for their higher tax bills to the point where I start losing revenue and customers and I can't cover my fixed monthly expenses then I reduce operating expenses. that means the 100% health insurance that i give me people goes away, or the matching retirement contribution I give goes away or some of my employees get laid off indefinitely.

Or I scrap the building addition I have planned for 2010 and that means I don't hire two more employees and the local carperters, plumbers and electricians I would have contracted will get no work from me.

All this because BHO wants to raise corporate taxes on these big "rich" corporations.

Oh yeah sure i might get a tax break of a few hundred bucks or maybe even a thousand bucks but that is not going to make up for the pass down tax increases I get from all those big greedy evil corporations I depend on for my products and equipment.

You say i don't understand BHO's tax plan but you certainly don't understand how to run a business.

you tell me how BHO raising corporate taxes on the big companies from which i have to orderproducts and equipment i need to stay in business is good for me.

So BHO raises corporate tax levels on Pfizer, i happen to buy a lot of stuff from Pfizer. Guess what; my cost of doing business just went up because Pfizer will pass their higher tax burden on to me.

The same goes for every other large pharmaceutical co. or equipment co. that I buy from. Their higher tax bill gets passed on to me therefore i have to charge a higher price to to stay afloat who gets it in the end? Ultimately my customers do. Or if I find that I can't raise prices because I'll start losing customers thereby shrinknig my business income even more what do you think I'll do? Keep in mind thatI have to bring in at least 60K a month just to cover my expenses you know payroll, taxes unemployment insurance liability insurance, heat electric, employree benefits .........

So if i have to raise prices to adjust for the higher prices my suppliers charge me to make up for their higher tax bills to the point where I start losing revenue and customers and I can't cover my fixed monthly expenses then I reduce operating expenses. that means the 100% health insurance that i give me people goes away, or the matching retirement contribution I give goes away or some of my employees get laid off indefinitely.

Or I scrap the building addition I have planned for 2010 and that means I don't hire two more employees and the local carperters, plumbers and electricians I would have contracted will get no work from me.

All this because BHO wants to raise corporate taxes on these big "rich" corporations.

Oh yeah sure i might get a tax break of a few hundred bucks or maybe even a thousand bucks but that is not going to make up for the pass down tax increases I get from all those big greedy evil corporations I depend on for my products and equipment.

You say i don't understand BHO's tax plan but you certainly don't understand how to run a business.

What tax hikes on big corporations? the closing of tax loopholes? is obama raising the marginal tax on corporations? the windfall tax he wanted to put on oil companies is effectively useless at this point with oil prices down to their normal price.... so what is it that you are fearing?

corporations pay an effective tax rate of about 6% in corporate taxes...how much lower do you want it to go?

The price of gasoline will affect your business more than anything....it affects every business and the price of all goods...

care

What tax hikes on big corporations? the closing of tax loopholes? is obama raising the marginal tax on corporations? the windfall tax he wanted to put on oil companies is effectively useless at this point with oil prices down to their normal price.... so what is it that you are fearing?

corporations pay an effective tax rate of about 6% in corporate taxes...how much lower do you want it to go?

The price of gasoline will affect your business more than anything....it affects every business and the price of all goods...

care

The Obama Tax Plan: A Tax Plan which Might not even Work In Narnia. GO TO DELAWARETALKRADIO.COM

Here is his wonderful plan. Raise taxes on the rich businesses and give it to seniors, lower middle class earners, and the poor. He claims there are a trillion dollars in corporate tax loopholes. Well the entire economy is only around13.2 trillion dollars. Total corporate profits in the entire decade of the 1990’s was only 4.5 trillion dollars. Total annual corporate taxes are just 370 billion dollars or so..

PolitiFact | Obama oversimplifies corporate taxes

But we also think Obama’s assertion that these deductions result in the United States having one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world similarly oversimplifies things. It’s true for some business, particularly ones that can write off a lot of debt payments. But it’s not true for others. So we rate Obama’s statement Half True.

Eliminating deductions or what you call loopholes is effectively raising taxes. The bottom line is corporations that I and many other small businesses deal with will be paying more because of a change in the tax codes. That gets passed on to me and others who need to buy the products that these big companies make. He can't raise the statutory rate because we already have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. But making it more expensive to do business by eliminating business deductions and "closing tax loopholes is tantamount to a tax hike.

when BHO can't find his "trillion dollars worth of loopholes" what will he do?

For one even public citizen states corporate welfare and tax breaks only amounted to 125 billion in 2003. Are you telling me that since 2003 there have been an 875 billion dollar increase in these loopholes and tax deductions? If not then where is the rest of the "trillion" coming from?

See unlike you BHO Worshipers, I one of the unwashed, actually listen to what he says.

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes...
The GAO said corporations escaped paying federal income taxes for a variety of reasons including operating losses, tax credits and an ability to use transactions within the company to shift income to low tax countries.

With the U.S. budget deficit this year running close to the record $413 billion that was set in 2004 and projected to hit a record $486 billion next year, lawmakers are looking to plug holes in the U.S. tax code and generate more revenues...Dorgan in a statement called the report "a shocking indictment of the current tax system." Levin said it made clear that "too many corporations are using tax trickery to send their profits overseas and avoid paying their fair share in the United States."

The study showed about 28 percent of large foreign corporations, those with more than $250 million in assets, doing business in the United States paid no federal income taxes in 2005 despite $372 billion in gross receipts, the senators said. About 25 percent of the largest U.S. companies paid no federal income taxes in 2005 despite $1.1 trillion in gross sales that year, they said.
Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | U.S. | Reuters

Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes
Report Says Most Corporations Pay No Federal Income Taxes; Lawmakers Blame Loopholes
By JENNIFER C. KERR Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON August 12, 2008 (AP) The Associated Press
63 comments FONT SIZE

Two-thirds of U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 and 2005, according to a new report from Congress.

(Getty Images )The study by the Government Accountability Office, expected to be released Tuesday, said about 68 percent of foreign companies doing business in the U.S. avoided corporate taxes over the same period.
ABC News: Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes

Hmmm....

That being said.. pfizer needs to worry more about strengthening their business prospects since having lost american exclusivity on two of the best selling products...

And... YOu will have an exponentially greater amount of customers with a stronger middle class....

The Obama Tax Plan: A Tax Plan which Might not even Work In Narnia. GO TO DELAWARETALKRADIO.COM

Here is his wonderful plan. Raise taxes on the rich businesses and give it to seniors, lower middle class earners, and the poor. He claims there are a trillion dollars in corporate tax loopholes. Well the entire economy is only around13.2 trillion dollars. Total corporate profits in the entire decade of the 1990’s was only 4.5 trillion dollars. Total annual corporate taxes are just 370 billion dollars or so..

PolitiFact | Obama oversimplifies corporate taxes

But we also think Obama’s assertion that these deductions result in the United States having one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world similarly oversimplifies things. It’s true for some business, particularly ones that can write off a lot of debt payments. But it’s not true for others. So we rate Obama’s statement Half True.

Eliminating deductions or what you call loopholes is effectively raising taxes. The bottom line is corporations that I and many other small businesses deal with will be paying more because of a change in the tax codes. That gets passed on to me and others who need to buy the products that these big companies make. He can't raise the statutory rate because we already have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. But making it more expensive to do business by eliminating business deductions and "closing tax loopholes is tantamount to a tax hike.

when BHO can't find his "trillion dollars worth of loopholes" what will he do?

For one even public citizen states corporate welfare and tax breaks only amounted to 125 billion in 2003. Are you telling me that since 2003 there have been an 875 billion dollar increase in these loopholes and tax deductions? If not then where is the rest of the "trillion" coming from?

See unlike you BHO Worshipers, I one of the unwashed, actually listen to what he says.

i'm a hillary worshiper! :)

Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes
Report Says Most Corporations Pay No Federal Income Taxes; Lawmakers Blame Loopholes
ABC News: Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes

Hmmm....

That being said.. pfizer needs to worry more about strengthening their business prospects since having lost american exclusivity on two of the best selling products...

And... YOu will have an exponentially greater amount of customers with a stronger middle class....

hmmmm

since most corporations in the US are subchapter S and by definition, subchapter S corporation pay no corporate income tax is it any wonder that most US corporations pay no income tax.

DUH

so no insight on how BHO will find the extra 875 billion in corporate tax breaks and loopholes?

I don't know if we are really shy the 875 skull, your figure on that was 2003 and alot has happened since then....the money could very well be there....you have shown no figures deeming otherwise, except the 2003 figure.

When 68% of the foreign corporations operating here paid zero in taxes, you would think that some loopholes are being used that weigh to eliminate taxes for them that could be reinstated, and if these loopholes for them came in the bush administration or any administration before this, i do believe they should be changed.

It is dishonest for republicans to tout that our corporations have the highest marginal corp tax rates in the world when they KNOW OUR CORPORATE EFFECTIVE TAX RATES of an average of 6%, are some of the LOWEST corporate tax rates in the world....in other words, corporations will still do business here over other countries....imo.

but back to the issue, if it is not 875 and only 675 ....then so be it...

Mccain adds more to the national debt than obama over a 10 year period by about $2 TRILLION, with his promises and policies and plans is what i have read....and to me, that hurts us as a country and devalues the dollar even more.

care

hmmmm

since most corporations in the US are subchapter S and by definition, subchapter S corporation pay no corporate income tax is it any wonder that most US corporations pay no income tax.

DUH
so, should thse corporations that pay no income or corporate tax get ANOTHER TAX BREAK or CREDIT?

wouldn't that be giving taxes to corporations called WELFARE as you all say it would be to give a tax break to those 40% that don't pay income taxes that your side is bitching about? ;)

And come to think of it....since these small s-corporations that pay no taxes could also be the one and the same people that you all bitched about getting obama's tax break?

please, some clarity on this...?

care

That addition to the national debt is pure speculation. And the lower BHO number doesn't take into account all the new spending BHO will enact.

• Obama also said he finds a way to pay for all of his spending plans. We found that he offers proposals to pay for his direct spending, but he's sometimes vague on the details. And that spending doesn't include his proposed tax cuts. We rated this statement Barely True.

so, should thse corporations that pay no income or corporate tax get ANOTHER TAX BREAK or CREDIT?

wouldn't that be giving taxes to corporations called WELFARE as you all say it would be to give a tax break to those 40% that don't pay income taxes that your side is bitching about? ;)

And come to think of it....since these small s-corporations that pay no taxes could also be the one and the same people that you all bitched about getting obama's tax break?

please, some clarity on this...?

care

Please care. look it up.

An S corporation pays no corporate income taxes because the shareholders of the corporation pay the tax on their share of the profits on their individual tax returns.

If an S corp has 3 shareholders, like mine, 45%,45% and 10% and posts a profit of 100K each 45% owner pays the tax on 45k and the 10% owner pays tax on 10k. That money is claimed on their individual tax return not a separate corporate tax return and it is taxed at their individual tax rate which actually in most cases turns out to be MORE income tax than would be collected on a corporate return.

So don't worry, Uncle Sam takes a big wet bite out of the asses of S corp shareholders as well.

Now, do you see why the statement "most US corps. pay no taxes" is a red herring?

Better be careful. He might become a homosexual. :D
You should try to call him a homosexual to his face! And if he was I can tell you he would never be the bitch.
Plus he was a single dad and needed help from the state while he was going to college and he was worried about being called up again for the War!

Forum List

Back