Spot the difference competition - Confederates v. Kneelers

Get back when a confederate flag flies at a NFL game.

17-confederate-flags-062415-gettyap-ftrjpg_8oe8ynnontew15o1apc72bdyg.jpg

confederage_flag_sb50-1.jpg

college-football-overall-view-of-mississippi-fans-with-confederate-picture-id178192706

Those were all photoshopped except the black and white pic.

Oh wow, more "fake news" bullshit being thrown out.

^^^ racist

In reality, the confederate flag symbolizes the secession of the south. Which was divisive and largely over slavery. And while racists today, like the one above, try to minimize the significance of the confederate flag, it’s been used as a symbol of racism since at least the 1940’s, if not earlier, when the more racist faction of the Democrat party splintered off to form the Dixiecrat party. In more modern times, used by racist groups such as the KKK.

Blue and Gray reunions at Gettsyburg, 1913.

The Union vets who fought and bled to put down that secession attempt forgave and accepted the Confederate Flag as part of our JOINT American heritage and an accepted and harmless symbol of regional pride, long before you were born.

What moral authority do you have to overrule their forgiveness?
The moral authority granted every American since racists adopted that flag since at least the 1940’s.

Racists don't get to co-opt something just because they want to. They are just as likely to fly the American Flag and that isn't theirs either.

By trying to give them "ownership" of that flag, you are working WITH THEM to exaggerate their importance and relevance.

If they were better people, they would send you a thank you card and a fruit basket.

Me? I reject their claim to a symbol of regional pride of tens of millions of good Americans.

THe racists are a fringe group of no power or importance.

THe WHITE racists at least.
Racists adopted the flag because it was a symbol of divisiveness and slavery long before they latched onto it.

No, they adopted it for the same reason they try adopt the American Flag.

They want to try to co-opt other movements and concepts to inflate their status and try to attract more attention and maybe, just maybe recruits.

However they are too small and irrelevant of a force to give them what they want, ie ownership of a symbol of regional pride.

You are welcome to work with them on trying to inflate their statue and relevance.

But I reject their pathetic attempts at relevance.

And refuse to help them, like you.
Hiding your head up your ass like you’re doing doesn’t make them go away. Just like denying the significance of that flag, which is rooted in divisiveness and slavery, doesn’t alter that either. That can’t be washed off that flag no matter how ignorant you are.

Weak sauce...all of your examples are either unofficial 'fan flags' or Confederate Flags affixed as part of state flags. You can find no example where the Confederate Flag was flown in replacement of the US Flag.
trump-says-he-should-charge-cnn-for-next-debate-appearance.jpg

th

th

trump_confederate_ap_img.jpg
th

I could go on all day.
View attachment 153523
So?

12fd-trump_web10-master768.jpg
Then why post it? If you don't care.

college-football-overall-view-of-mississippi-fans-with-confederate-picture-id178192706
Weak sauce...all of your examples are either unofficial 'fan flags' or Confederate Flags affixed as part of state flags. You can find no example where the Confederate Flag was flown in replacement of the US Flag.

Why do I need to find a place whee a Confederate Flag was shown in replacement of a US flag exactly?

The fact is that people went to NFL games with CONFEDERATE FLAGS which says FUCK YOU to the US MILITARY.

The point here is that the Confederacy was treasonous and that people continue to support the Confederacy, while AT THE SAME TIME, complaining about NFL players (who, you might note, are not replacing the US flag) kneeling and supposedly disrespecting the US military.

It's called HYPOCRISY.

Or better yet, it's looking for reasons to be offended.

Or simply protesting the fact that black men dare to have an opinion which of course is in line with their love of the confederacy.

"Disrespect of the flag" is just the cover.

Yes, it's pretty clear from this thread that these people who support Trump and oppose the kneelers know they don't like what they see, but they can't really explain why. Then they try and they'll use the same old arguments they've seen written somewhere, or on TV or whatever, but they've not really thought about it.

2A09774800000578-3141960-image-a-3_1435471142881.jpg

arian-foster-is-the-latest-star-nfl-player-to-kneel-during-national-anthem.jpg

Spot the difference.

On the one hand you have those flying the Confederate flag.

These are the sort of people who are telling the kneelers that they're disrespecting the US armed forces, they're disrespecting the flag, they're disrespecting the anthem.

On the other hand you have the kneelers.

The Confederate troops committed Treason. The US Constitution is quite clear on what Treason is, and the Confederacy committed treason and every soldier who took up arms to FIGHT THE SOLDIERS OF THE US ARMED FORCES committed treason.

Now, flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the members of the US armed forces. The Confederates killed members of the US armed forces.

Flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the flag of the United States. It says "we don't want to be a part of that flag, we don't want our star on that flag".

Kneeling in a protest does not disrespect the US flag. The US flag exists because it represents the States, the government, the Constitution. A Constitution which protects freedom to criticize the government.

The kneelers have killed zero US Armed Forces personnel.
The Confederates killed 110,000 people in battle and 25,000 to 30,000 in Confederate prisons.

How is it that the people who fly the flag of treason, the flag of killing US military personnel can turn around and tell those who kneel, that they're disrespecting the anthem and the flag?

The Confederate Flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for over 5 generations in this country.

You are full of shit.
^^^ racist

In reality, the confederate flag symbolizes the secession of the south. Which was divisive and largely over slavery. And while racists today, like the one above, try to minimize the significance of the confederate flag, it’s been used as a symbol of racism since at least the 1940’s, if not earlier, when the more racist faction of the Democrat party splintered off to form the Dixiecrat party. In more modern times, used by racist groups such as the KKK.

The Union vets who fought and bled to put down that secession attempt forgave and accepted the Confederate Flag as part of our JOINT American heritage and an accepted and harmless symbol of regional pride, long before you were born.

And some people celebrated the Nazi flag..... doesn't make them right.

trump-says-he-should-charge-cnn-for-next-debate-appearance.jpg

th

th

trump_confederate_ap_img.jpg
th

I could go on all day.
View attachment 153523
So?

12fd-trump_web10-master768.jpg
Who said I don’t care? I asked you, “so,” as in what’s the significance of that? I posted a photo to show Trump also has a following of racists.

Who said I don’t care? I asked you, “so,” as in what’s the significance of that? I posted a photo to show Trump also has a following of racists.
which-one-kills-768x768.jpg

If you support that flag, you are a racist. See how that works?

View attachment 153526
LOL

Thanks for making my point.
thumbsup.gif

That someone would make that meme shows the confederate flag symbolizes racism.

Why do I need to find a place whee a Confederate Flag was shown in replacement of a US flag exactly?

The fact is that people went to NFL games with CONFEDERATE FLAGS which says FUCK YOU to the US MILITARY.

The point here is that the Confederacy was treasonous and that people continue to support the Confederacy, while AT THE SAME TIME, complaining about NFL players (who, you might note, are not replacing the US flag) kneeling and supposedly disrespecting the US military.

It's called HYPOCRISY.

Or simply protesting the fact that black men dare to have an opinion which of course is in line with their love of the confederacy.

Yes, it's pretty clear from this thread that these people who support Trump and oppose the kneelers know they don't like what they see, but they can't really explain why. Then they try and they'll use the same old arguments they've seen written somewhere, or on TV or whatever, but they've not really thought about it.
well the kneelers can't explain why they keep doing it.

again - i keep asking but never get an answer:

1) what are they asking to change?
2) how can we prove it has changed?
3) when is enough enough?

so they can't explain what they hope to do here but raise awareness for change. will it have a direct impact? who knows. they can't tell you if it will so the entire situation is a confusing ball of bullshit to begin with.

yet as usual, you only blame the *other* side and your side is just a victim yet again.

It's called HYPOCRISY.

Your unsupported race baiting is noted and held against you.

You race baiting piece of shit.

You triggered, bro?

How do you account for the disparate opinions over the two issues?

No, I just like to treat people with the same respect they show me.

Which, when I am talking to lefties, requires a lot of vulgarity.

The "disparate opinions"?

Easy. The Confederate Flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for over 5 generations in this country.

Regional Pride does not contradict National Pride.

Disrespecting the Anthem and the Flag, DOES.

Now it when you pretend to not understand that obvious and simple truth.

The "disparate opinions"?

Yes, the one outlined by the OP who's thread you're posting in.

Easy. The Confederate Flag has been accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride for over 5 generations in this country.

Regional Pride does not contradict National Pride.

Disrespecting the Anthem and the Flag, DOES.

It's been accepted as such only because the people of the region largely agreed with the cause for which it stood.
That in no way negates the fact that the confederacy and it's symbols were and are based on the idea of white supremacy.
That is anathema to the founding principles of our nation. The entire cause is disrespectful to the anthem and the flag. Both were rejected by confederacy.

Now it when you pretend to not understand that obvious and simple truth.

It is you who lacks understanding and clarity. No doubt that is why you were triggered by my post.

View attachment 153526
LOL

thumbsup.gif

I'm not the one that supports the murder of unborn babies. I'm which kills more black babies than any other.

The difference that the Confederates had the balls to secede and fight for their beliefs. The last time I checked those 'kneelers' are still reaping the benefits of a system and culture they refuse to respect.
The Confederates were racist Democrats!

View attachment 153526
LOL

thumbsup.gif

I'm not the one that supports the murder of unborn babies. I'm which kills more black babies than any other.

Which of course has nothing to do with the thread.

Spot the difference.

These are the sort of people who are telling the kneelers that they're disrespecting the US armed forces, they're disrespecting the flag, they're disrespecting the anthem.

The Confederate troops committed Treason. The US Constitution is quite clear on what Treason is, and the Confederacy committed treason and every soldier who took up arms to FIGHT THE SOLDIERS OF THE US ARMED FORCES committed treason.

Now, flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the members of the US armed forces. The Confederates killed members of the US armed forces.

Flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the flag of the United States. It says "we don't want to be a part of that flag, we don't want our star on that flag".

Kneeling in a protest does not disrespect the US flag. The US flag exists because it represents the States, the government, the Constitution. A Constitution which protects freedom to criticize the government.

The Confederates killed 110,000 people in battle and 25,000 to 30,000 in Confederate prisons.

How is it that the people who fly the flag of treason, the flag of killing US military personnel can turn around and tell those who kneel, that they're disrespecting the anthem and the flag?

Your assertion that it's supporters of the Confederacy who believe the NFL players are being disrespectful shows you're a partisan liar who can't be taken seriously and are unworthy of being a part of a debate.

Adieu.

The problem is that isn't my assertion. So.... I'm fed up of people telling me what I think. Adieu.

If you don't say stupid things like "These are the sort of people who are telling the kneelers that they're disrespecting the US armed forces, they're disrespecting the flag, they're disrespecting the anthem." people won't tell you what you think.

I'm not sure what you're reading, but where I'm from "these are the sort of people" doesn't mean that I'm talking in exactitudes.

I was reading your post, and, by saying "These are the sort of people" who are saying something, you are saying that the people who feel that way are those sort of people. If you don't mean that, you shouldn't say that.

View attachment 153526
LOL

thumbsup.gif

No unborn babies are being murdered and that has nothing to do with the KKK, racism, or the confederate flag.

View attachment 153526
LOL

thumbsup.gif

When brain-dead cons are losing the argument, they throw in unrelated topics, like abortion, to divert away from losing.

View attachment 153526
LOL

thumbsup.gif

When brain-dead cons are losing the argument, they throw in unrelated topics, like abortion, to divert away from losing.
Lol, I don't support the kkk, Nazi's, or any other hate group. And I'm also not afraid of the confederate flag. Liberals supports anifta, which is proving themselves worse than any hate group around. Liberals are also afraid of history.
20882584_1088714251258665_4690994155997305404_n.jpg

Spot the difference.

Your assertion that it's supporters of the Confederacy who believe the NFL players are being disrespectful shows you're a partisan liar who can't be taken seriously and are unworthy of being a part of a debate.

Adieu.

The problem is that isn't my assertion. So.... I'm fed up of people telling me what I think. Adieu.

If you don't say stupid things like "These are the sort of people who are telling the kneelers that they're disrespecting the US armed forces, they're disrespecting the flag, they're disrespecting the anthem." people won't tell you what you think.

I'm not sure what you're reading, but where I'm from "these are the sort of people" doesn't mean that I'm talking in exactitudes.

I was reading your post, and, by saying "These are the sort of people" who are saying something, you are saying that the people who feel that way are those sort of people. If you don't mean that, you shouldn't say that.

Whatever dude. If you want to interpret what I say in your own little fantasy way, go ahead. There are too many people on this board who struggle with basic reading for me to care.

The moral authority granted every American since racists adopted that flag since at least the 1940’s.

Racists don't get to co-opt something just because they want to. They are just as likely to fly the American Flag and that isn't theirs either.

By trying to give them "ownership" of that flag, you are working WITH THEM to exaggerate their importance and relevance.

If they were better people, they would send you a thank you card and a fruit basket.

Me? I reject their claim to a symbol of regional pride of tens of millions of good Americans.

THe racists are a fringe group of no power or importance.

THe WHITE racists at least.
Racists adopted the flag because it was a symbol of divisiveness and slavery long before they latched onto it.

No, they adopted it for the same reason they try adopt the American Flag.

They want to try to co-opt other movements and concepts to inflate their status and try to attract more attention and maybe, just maybe recruits.

However they are too small and irrelevant of a force to give them what they want, ie ownership of a symbol of regional pride.

You are welcome to work with them on trying to inflate their statue and relevance.

But I reject their pathetic attempts at relevance.

And refuse to help them, like you.
Hiding your head up your ass like you’re doing doesn’t make them go away. Just like denying the significance of that flag, which is rooted in divisiveness and slavery, doesn’t alter that either. That can’t be washed off that flag no matter how ignorant you are.

Not only CAN if be, but it was, for over 5 generations.

Your manufactured offense at it is not credible.

This is not about that, this is about YOU having a problem with the idea of Southern Whites having pride in their Heritage.

Question: What do you know of Joan Baez? Do you consider her a White Supremacist?

quote-i-would-say-that-i-m-a-nonviolent-soldier-in-place-of-weapons-of-violence-you-have-to-joan-baez-77-69-17.jpg

Forum List

Back