Spot the difference competition - Confederates v. Kneelers

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
2A09774800000578-3141960-image-a-3_1435471142881.jpg

arian-foster-is-the-latest-star-nfl-player-to-kneel-during-national-anthem.jpg

Spot the difference.

On the one hand you have those flying the Confederate flag.

These are the sort of people who are telling the kneelers that they're disrespecting the US armed forces, they're disrespecting the flag, they're disrespecting the anthem.

On the other hand you have the kneelers.

The Confederate troops committed Treason. The US Constitution is quite clear on what Treason is, and the Confederacy committed treason and every soldier who took up arms to FIGHT THE SOLDIERS OF THE US ARMED FORCES committed treason.

Now, flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the members of the US armed forces. The Confederates killed members of the US armed forces.

Flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the flag of the United States. It says "we don't want to be a part of that flag, we don't want our star on that flag".

Kneeling in a protest does not disrespect the US flag. The US flag exists because it represents the States, the government, the Constitution. A Constitution which protects freedom to criticize the government.

The kneelers have killed zero US Armed Forces personnel.
The Confederates killed 110,000 people in battle and 25,000 to 30,000 in Confederate prisons.

How is it that the people who fly the flag of treason, the flag of killing US military personnel can turn around and tell those who kneel, that they're disrespecting the anthem and the flag?

The difference that the Confederates had the balls to secede and fight for their beliefs. The last time I checked those 'kneelers' are still reaping the benefits of a system and culture they refuse to respect.

The difference that the Confederates had the balls to secede and fight for their beliefs. The last time I checked those 'kneelers' are still reaping the benefits of a system and culture they refuse to respect.

This is bullshit. You're looking for reasons to be offended by one thing, and not by another.

The Confederates had the balls to fight, the NFL players risk losing their jobs over this.

The kneelers killed nobody, the Confederates killed 140,000 US TROOPS.

And apparently, the kneelers are disrespecting the US military and the Confederate flag wavers AREN'T.

Can you explain this?

Were you bitching about the rebel flag years ago or did you only recently become offended by it when CNN told you what to think?

Spot the difference.

These are the sort of people who are telling the kneelers that they're disrespecting the US armed forces, they're disrespecting the flag, they're disrespecting the anthem.

The Confederate troops committed Treason. The US Constitution is quite clear on what Treason is, and the Confederacy committed treason and every soldier who took up arms to FIGHT THE SOLDIERS OF THE US ARMED FORCES committed treason.

Now, flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the members of the US armed forces. The Confederates killed members of the US armed forces.

Flying the Confederate flag shows no respect to the flag of the United States. It says "we don't want to be a part of that flag, we don't want our star on that flag".

Kneeling in a protest does not disrespect the US flag. The US flag exists because it represents the States, the government, the Constitution. A Constitution which protects freedom to criticize the government.

The Confederates killed 110,000 people in battle and 25,000 to 30,000 in Confederate prisons.

How is it that the people who fly the flag of treason, the flag of killing US military personnel can turn around and tell those who kneel, that they're disrespecting the anthem and the flag?
That argument don't fly when the kneelers disrespected the flag and military by kneeling over seas but honoring the flag of another country instead. One that many died fighting for our freedom from.

Get back when a confederate flag flies at a NFL game.

17-confederate-flags-062415-gettyap-ftrjpg_8oe8ynnontew15o1apc72bdyg.jpg

confederage_flag_sb50-1.jpg

college-football-overall-view-of-mississippi-fans-with-confederate-picture-id178192706
Weak sauce...all of your examples are either unofficial 'fan flags' or Confederate Flags affixed as part of state flags. You can find no example where the Confederate Flag was flown in replacement of the US Flag.

Why do I need to find a place whee a Confederate Flag was shown in replacement of a US flag exactly?

The fact is that people went to NFL games with CONFEDERATE FLAGS which says FUCK YOU to the US MILITARY.

The point here is that the Confederacy was treasonous and that people continue to support the Confederacy, while AT THE SAME TIME, complaining about NFL players (who, you might note, are not replacing the US flag) kneeling and supposedly disrespecting the US military.

It's called HYPOCRISY.

Or better yet, it's looking for reasons to be offended.

Were you bitching about the rebel flag years ago or did you only recently become offended by it when CNN told you what to think?

I don't watch CNN.

I'm not offended by the Confederate flag. I'm pointing out major fucking hypocrisy among those who think kneeling at NFL games disrespects the US military.

I think they're just looking for a reason to hate. Look for excuses. They don't have much. Protesting is protected by the US constitution, it's a part of what America is and it is, supposedly, what the US military should be fighting to protect.

Whereas the Confederates fought to be free of that. They killed US soldiers.

Spot the difference.

That argument don't fly when the kneelers disrespected the flag and military by kneeling over seas but honoring the flag of another country instead. One that many died fighting for our freedom from.

They were protesting the US government. The flag is a symbol of the US govt.

Why the hell would they protest the UK flag, when they don't have a problem with the UK government?

You're really struggling to find any old excuse, aren't you?

Did the Confederates commit treason as stated by the US Constitution?

Did the Confederates kill an estimated 140,000 US soldiers?

Did the kneelers kill any US soldiers?

The Confederates had the balls to fight, the NFL players risk losing their jobs over this.
Adroit comparison snowflake...taking a musket ball through the grape vs. finding another job. Spot on...no.

The kneelers killed nobody, the Confederates killed 140,000 US TROOPS.

Yes because the Confederacy just ran roughshod over the Union killing 140K without risking life or limb...every time you make a comparison, God kills a Communist...please continue.

And apparently, the kneelers are disrespecting the US military and the Confederate flag wavers AREN'T.

Well that is very simple...the southerners use the Confederate Flag as a symbol of their culture and their heritage. They do not use it as a substitution for or fail to recognize the greater culture around them e.g. the US Flag.
Once again, if you can find evidence of southerners at sporting events replacing the official US Flag with the flag of the Confederacy I would love to see that.
The kneelers refuse to respect the flag all together.

Are you implying or stating flat out that everyone who feels the NFL players who kneel during the national anthem are being disrespectful are flying the confederate flag or support it? If that is the case you seem to be painting with a very broad brush if not you seem to be taking a small minority and trying to protray them as the norm. There are many people who find kneeling during the anthem disrespectful who don't give a flip about the confederate flag.

I don't watch CNN.

I'm not offended by the Confederate flag. I'm pointing out major fucking hypocrisy among those who think kneeling at NFL games disrespects the US military.

I think they're just looking for a reason to hate. Look for excuses. They don't have much. Protesting is protected by the US constitution, it's a part of what America is and it is, supposedly, what the US military should be fighting to protect.

Seems to me you're doing exactly what you accuse the other guys of doing. If people don't like the kneelers imposing their bullshit narrative about racist cops choose to protest by not watching the games, it's their prerogative.

REALLY grasping at straws attempting to deflect away from shit stains disrespecting our national flag and anthem, and it's getting more absurd by the day... this STUPID thread is proof.

Are you implying or stating flat out that everyone who feels the NFL players who kneel during the national anthem are being disrespectful are flying the confederate flag or support it? If that is the case you seem to be painting with a very broad brush if not you seem to be taking a small minority and trying to protray them as the norm. There are many people who find kneeling during the anthem disrespectful who don't give a flip about the confederate flag.

No, I'm not saying that at all.

What I'm saying is there are people who are hypocritical. People who don't criticize the Confederate flag wavers when they'll criticize the kneelers, there are people who will support a symbol of treason and a symbol of something which killed lots of US soldiers, and also there are those who support a US president who looks to such people for his support and will try and evade annoying them, while strongly attacking those who these people don't like.

These people are protesting a government which has one part of it, the executive branch, which is pandering to people who support the Confederacy.

I don't watch CNN.

Seems to me you're doing exactly what you accuse the other guys of doing. If people don't like the kneelers imposing their bullshit narrative about racist cops choose to protest by not watching the games, it's their prerogative.

I'm not criticizing people for protesting against the protesters. I don't know where you think I've said this.

I'm criticizing people for being HYPOCRITICAL.

Why do I need to find a place whee a Confederate Flag was shown in replacement of a US flag exactly?
Because to do so would present prima facie evidence for your case that Southerners do not respect the US Flag and are traitorous in flying treasonous colors. As opposed to my point that they are using it as a representation of heritage and their culture.
The point here is that the Confederacy was treasonous and that people continue to support the Confederacy, while AT THE SAME TIME, complaining about NFL players (who, you might note, are not replacing the US flag) kneeling and supposedly disrespecting the US military.
False comparison as I have already pointed out.
Do you have anything else? Shoo now...go listen to some Bauhaus and self flagellate.

I don't watch CNN.

I'm not criticizing people for protesting against the protesters. I don't know where you think I've said this.

I'm criticizing people for being HYPOCRITICAL.
You're being stupid.

Spot the difference.

Why the hell would they protest the UK flag, when they don't have a problem with the UK government?

Spot the difference.

the kneelers are traitors for disrespecting our flag and soldiers overseas.

Forum List

Back