Sports fans beside themselves over biased Michigan coverage. LoL

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I'm just peeking in watching the Finals and it seems there is a Tweet Storm over the biased coverage of the final for Michigan. If only there was this much outrage over our network bias against Trump, there might be some return to real across the board news coverage instead of the partisan circus we we have now.

I'm just peeking in watching the Finals and it seems there is a Tweet Storm over the biased coverage of the final for Michigan. If only there was this much outrage over our network bias against Trump, there might be some return to real across the board news coverage instead of the partisan circus we we have now.

Ah, right, talk about sport to get a little boohoo in about Trump.

Trump started this. He knew what he was doing. What should he expect?

Well, what he expected was that people would go for the person they perceive as the underdog, that's Trump.

The reality is, he's not.

How Donald Trump plays the press, in his own words

This is from June 2015.

"Trump has long prided himself on his ability to attract — and manipulate — the news media."

"One thing I’ve learned about the press is that they’re always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better. It’s in the nature of the job, and I understand that. The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you. I’ve always done things a little differently, I don’t mind controversy, and my deals tend to be somewhat ambitious. Also, I achieved a lot when I was very young, and I chose to live in a certain style. The result is that the press has always wanted to write about me."

Which is exactly what he's been doing, and he's right, the media is writing about him.

"I’m not saying that [journalists] necessarily like me. Sometimes they write positively, and sometimes they write negatively. But from a pure business point of view, the benefits of being written about have far outweighed the drawbacks. It’s really quite simple."

I'm sorry dude, but you're being played. He had EVERY INTENTION of causing controversy, every intention of getting the media to write about him, and he'll doing stupid shit, lie etc to get there.

He's not being ganged up on. He's playing the press and he's playing YOU.

Well, what he expected was that people would go for the person they perceive as the underdog, that's Trump.

This is from June 2015.

"Trump has long prided himself on his ability to attract — and manipulate — the news media."

"One thing I’ve learned about the press is that they’re always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better. It’s in the nature of the job, and I understand that. The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you. I’ve always done things a little differently, I don’t mind controversy, and my deals tend to be somewhat ambitious. Also, I achieved a lot when I was very young, and I chose to live in a certain style. The result is that the press has always wanted to write about me."

Which is exactly what he's been doing, and he's right, the media is writing about him.

"I’m not saying that [journalists] necessarily like me. Sometimes they write positively, and sometimes they write negatively. But from a pure business point of view, the benefits of being written about have far outweighed the drawbacks. It’s really quite simple."

I'm sorry dude, but you're being played. He had EVERY INTENTION of causing controversy, every intention of getting the media to write about him, and he'll doing stupid shit, lie etc to get there.

The subject is Media bias not how Donald Trump manipulates the Media or me. I probably should have put this in the Media forum. They have stopped being news and have degraded into a Tweet parsing, speculative attack wing of the Democratic Party. America needs a real Media that plays it down the middle not 90% pro-Democrat anti-Trump. That is the problem.

This is from June 2015.

The subject is Media bias not how Donald Trump manipulates the Media or me. I probably should have put this in the Media forum. They have stopped being news and have degraded into a Tweet parsing, speculative attack wing of the Democratic Party. America needs a real Media that plays it down the middle not 90% pro-Democrat anti-Trump. That is the problem.

What is media bias exactly?

As far as I can tell from the right, it's anything they think is inconvenient for them.

You say this isn't about Trump manipulating the media, I disagree. If Trump uses tactics HE KNOWS will get his stuff reported in the press, because it sells, then Trump is as guilty of all this, if not more, than the press is.

I understand that you want to concentrate this all on the media, on the thing Trump has made to keep you happy. But you can't pretend this is a little bubble and everything else is outside of this bubble. It's just not happening.

You say the media has stopped being news. Really?

The media has always been a series of private companies making money for themselves by selling WHAT SELLS.

The True History of Fake News

Here's a history of "fake news"

"the concoction of alternative facts is hardly rare, and the equivalent of today’s poisonous, bite-size texts and tweets can be found in most periods of history, going back to the ancients."

Again, you've been had. Trump tells you that something is different now, that the media used to be trustworthy, that now it's biased.

Sorry, not so. The media has always been biased, the difference now is the internet is available and there's more information (both true and false) for people to read. People are more easily manipulated now than ever. They'll believe what the want to believe.

When Trump says this stuff, he's expecting you not to do any research, to take what he says as true because YOU WANT TO BELIEVE and you really are going out and believing, and not finding stuff out for yourself.

This is from June 2015.

What is media bias exactly?

As far as I can tell from the right, it's anything they think is inconvenient for them.

You say this isn't about Trump manipulating the media, I disagree. If Trump uses tactics HE KNOWS will get his stuff reported in the press, because it sells, then Trump is as guilty of all this, if not more, than the press is.

I understand that you want to concentrate this all on the media, on the thing Trump has made to keep you happy. But you can't pretend this is a little bubble and everything else is outside of this bubble. It's just not happening.

You say the media has stopped being news. Really?

The media has always been a series of private companies making money for themselves by selling WHAT SELLS.

The True History of Fake News
http://
Here's a history of "fake news"
"the concoction of alternative facts is hardly rare, and the equivalent of today’s poisonous, bite-size texts and tweets can be found in most periods of history, going back to the ancients."
Again, you've been had. Trump tells you that something is different now, that the media used to be trustworthy, that now it's biased.
Sorry, not so. The media has always been biased, the difference now is the internet is available and there's more information (both true and false) for people to read. People are more easily manipulated now than ever. They'll believe what the want to believe.
When Trump says this stuff, he's expecting you not to do any research, to take what he says as true because YOU WANT TO BELIEVE and you really are going out and believing, and not finding stuff out for yourself.
People in the eighties and seventies under stood that it is the all mighty dollar driving things. I wonder when they forgot.

Let them be bias. I do not care as long as the buckeys take care of buisness in november I could care less about michigan. The buckeyes have been taking care of buisness in november!

Forum List

Back