Spock Has Gone Where No Man Has Gone Before

Spock made the show. Without him it wouldn't have been the same. Anyone else could have been replaced but not Nimoy. Especially Kirk, what an annoying gasbag.

Oh...Iceweasel.....we have to part company on that one....of all the Captains, Kirk was the best....and teamed with Spock and McCoy they are the best of the rest.......it was inspired balancing Spock and Kirk.........and obviously it worked.......I can't imagine any of the other shows working with Spock and any other captain.....

I think society goes overboard memorializing show business people and athletes. But, I was a fan of Nimoy on Star Trek reruns and In Search Of...

Never was an actor more typecast. America would not allow Nimoy to be anything other than Spock, and eventually he embraced that. He was Spock on In Search Of... for all intents and purposes.

I like the Star Trek episode where Spock was jamming with Herbert and his band of space hippies, and the hippies ironically thought Spock was the only crew member who wasn't uptight.

new_tosr075_extra_02.jpg

I don't think we are mourning Leonard Nimoy as much as what he created with his character.......the two are actually one.....lots of actors die every year....few leave people as sad when they pass.....

Spock made the show. Without him it wouldn't have been the same. Anyone else could have been replaced but not Nimoy. Especially Kirk, what an annoying gasbag.
Spock was great, but how the fuck could you be a Star Trek fan with that kind of opinion of Kirk ?
It's easy. He's a ham. Nimoy was essential, no one else could have filled the role the same, it wouldn't have been the same show without him.

I liked the show but I have any religious devotion to it.

Spock would not have stood out with any other Captain......and would have lost a lot of what he was........it was the contrast that made Spock.....anyone really care what happens to #1...from TNG....didn't think so..........(just kidding, I wish no harm to befall that actor...just making the point that if Spock had been on with patrick stewart he wouldn't be the same character)

Spock was great, but how the fuck could you be a Star Trek fan with that kind of opinion of Kirk ?
It's easy. He's a ham. Nimoy was essential, no one else could have filled the role the same, it wouldn't have been the same show without him.

I liked the show but I have any religious devotion to it.

Spock would not have stood out with any other Captain......and would have lost a lot of what he was........it was the contrast that made Spock.....anyone really care what happens to #1...from TNG....didn't think so..........(just kidding, I wish no harm to befall that actor...just making the point that if Spock had been on with patrick stewart he wouldn't be the same character)
I though Picards #1 should have been the next captain instead of Janeway, although she did grow on me

Oh...Iceweasel.....we have to part company on that one....of all the Captains, Kirk was the best....and teamed with Spock and McCoy they are the best of the rest.......it was inspired balancing Spock and Kirk.........and obviously it worked.......I can't imagine any of the other shows working with Spock and any other captain.....
It didn't bother you that he was the Universe's gift to all females of all species? Or that he always sounded like he was in a Broadway play?

It didn't bother you that he was the Universe's gift to all females of all species? Or that he always sounded like he was in a Broadway play?
That was part of his charm. Kirk was awesome. You can admire the ladies man or be jealous I suppose

I looked beyond that......my favorite aspect of the show was the way they stood against the bad guys......one of my favorite moments when I grew old enough to appreciate the show.....when Kirk broke the Prime Directive and taught the natives of that one planet how to make guns to fight the klingon backed aliens......

I like patrick stewart.....but there are only about 10 episodes that were any good from TNG.....the best was Yesterday's Enterprise...where they actually did something 1) exciting and 2) showed real sacrifice in the face of the enemy.....that was a Kirk episode....

I think the original series fell short because there wasn't enough to interest younger kids.......

That was part of his charm. Kirk was awesome. You can admire the ladies man or be jealous I suppose
Jealous of a television character? It was lame and got old fast.

Jealous of a television character? It was lame and got old fast.
All the years in syndication say otherwise. As well as all the real women who actually swooned for Kirk. As others have stated the chemistry on the show was great.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP,"
Obviously Nimoy performed the Vulcan katra that enables him to live on in another host's mind.

Hey, lay off of Shatner. The guy is a boss like a fuckin' G, yo. Nobody could hang onto the hood of a getaway car like TJ Hooker. Also, don't forget to check out priceline.com before you book your next hotel.

Shatner%20rules.jpg

Forum List

Back