Spitting on Dr Kings legacy

I have a dream......that people will not call people racists for political point scoring

Guess you are right, he never said that

However, applying your profound observation on racism to this thread is highly offensive. To claim that King deserves little credit for Civil Rights because it was "given to him" by those in power is the utmost in racist revisionist history. A renowned scholar such as yourself should know better

who the hell has claimed that King deserves little credit for Civil Rights? Cause it sure wasn't Barton or anyone else mentioned in the link TM posted.

Where did she or anyone else in this thread, except for maybe a troll or two whom I usually skip over and did this time if it happened, ever claim that Dr. King deserved little or no credit for the Civil Rights Movements?

As usual TDM made an unsubstantiated claim and many lefties took that as being gospel without either asking her to prove it, which she never did, or even looking up the facts themselves, nor could they, themselves, prove it, nor would they speak the truth and tell her that she is a liar in the first degree. They went along with her idiocy and are still doing so now.

Immie

Where did she or anyone else in this thread, except for maybe a troll or two whom I usually skip over and did this time if it happened, ever claim that Dr. King deserved little or no credit for the Civil Rights Movements?

That was the subject of this thread. That an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit. Everything else on this thread is an attempt to deflect from that point

Yes, it was the subject of this thread. But what you're refusing to see is that even after being asked for proof that "an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit" no proof has been shown.

So you, along with several others just ate up Truthnevermatters lie and ran with it even though it's never been proven.

Truthnevermatters just ran away from this thread and ignored the requests for proof, which is a pattern for the little liar.

What's your excuse?

Rick

David Barton on majorities and minority rights « Tony's curricublog

Here is what David Barton wrote

Social Studies TEKS, Second Review, September 2009
David Barton
Multiple locations in the TEKS even suggest that it is people from “racial, ethnic, and religious groups” who “expand political rights in American society.” This is an absolutely false premise. Only majorities can expand political rights in America’s constitutional society. In fact, in every case where a constitutional protection has been established for a minority, whether of race, gender, social status, or age, each protection was extended by the consent of the majority of eligible voters at that time.

Using race to score points?

Who is it that really turns claims of racism into a game?

who is it that answers complaints of the black community into silly taunts so they dont have to think of their fellow Americans in any meaninful way?

The people who created the term "RACE CARD".

Yeap some bigot thought that one up to use in what they saw as merely a game.

If you dont want to have to actually discuss racism then you just use this handy dandy little phrase and Poof.

Now here comes Cali Girl who took days of thought to come to the Pee Wee defense for something she could not square with her conservative talking points.

"I know you are but what am I"

So very profound.

Have you by any chance read the opening posts of this thread or the title that was used?

Oh, wait, you wrote it. You opened this thread with using racism to score political points.

You're not only a liar but a hypocrite to boot.

Immie

Oh good we are making progress you refrained from using the republican bullet point pharse of race card.

But you are still using the idiot logic contain in that racist little phrase that calling out racism is equal to racism.

Sorry but there is just no way out of this issue for the right.

They fail to attract any substancial number of people of color into their ranks because of their racism. They then try to deflect this fact by insulting anyone who talks about their racism.

Racism still exsists and insulting people for pointing it out by just pointing the finger back at the complaintant is failed logic and merely an attempt to avoid dealing with each individual case of racism.

You cant handle the truth

It is already established prior to this thread that you are a liar.

But, in this very thread you have proven it again.

No one has said that racism does not still exist, however, you lied opening this thread, you have continued in that lie all the way through this thread and you will go on deceiving after this thread.

Immie

That was the subject of this thread. That an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit. Everything else on this thread is an attempt to deflect from that point

Yes, it was the subject of this thread. But what you're refusing to see is that even after being asked for proof that "an associate of Rick Perry had said that King did not deserve credit" no proof has been shown.

So you, along with several others just ate up Truthnevermatters lie and ran with it even though it's never been proven.

Truthnevermatters just ran away from this thread and ignored the requests for proof, which is a pattern for the little liar.

What's your excuse?

Rick

David Barton
Multiple locations in the TEKS even suggest that it is people from “racial, ethnic, and religious groups” who “expand political rights in American society.” This is an absolutely false premise. Only majorities can expand political rights in America’s constitutional society. In fact, in every case where a constitutional protection has been established for a minority, whether of race, gender, social status, or age, each protection was extended by the consent of the majority of eligible voters at that time.

So, you can't find the proof either?

Where exactly does Barton say that "Dr. King deserves NO CREDIT?"

I still don't see it, but nice try at changing the subject yet again.

Rick

David Barton

In 2010, Barton was influential in the battle to re-design the Texas state social studies curriculum in public schools to have it conform more closely to a right-wing view of America. Barton supported efforts to remove Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and 1960s labor activist César Chávez from school texts. As noted in Washington Monthly, Barton conceded that people like King deserved a place in history but insisted they shouldn’t be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities, because, as he put it, “Only majorities can expand political rights in American’s constitutional society.” Barton’s involvement with the textbook controversy also demonstrated the partisanship behind much of his work. He claimed that since the founders “hated and feared democracy” — and created a republic instead — textbooks should refer to “republican values” rather than “democratic” ones.

What's your excuse?

Rick

David Barton

I see nothing in that quote that establishes that Barton does not give credit to Dr. King for his share in the movement.

The fact is that passing the act did require the consent of the majority and if that consent had not been given, I suspect we would still be fighting for equality today.

Immie

David Barton

In 2010, Barton was influential in the battle to re-design the Texas state social studies curriculum in public schools to have it conform more closely to a right-wing view of America. Barton supported efforts to remove Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and 1960s labor activist César Chávez from school texts. As noted in Washington Monthly, Barton conceded that people like King deserved a place in history but insisted they shouldn’t be given credit for advancing the rights of minorities, because, as he put it, “Only majorities can expand political rights in American’s constitutional society.” Barton’s involvement with the textbook controversy also demonstrated the partisanship behind much of his work. He claimed that since the founders “hated and feared democracy” — and created a republic instead — textbooks should refer to “republican values” rather than “democratic” ones.

What part of this do you not understand?

Someone saying that Barton said it is not proof. Until you can show a DIRECT QUOTE from Barton saying it, you have no proof. But thanks for playing.

Rick

David Barton

This opinion piece has already been posted and it is opinion and misrepresents the very post you posted a few minutes ago.

Barton conceded that people like King deserved a place in history

Conceded? Really, did he concede or is that the word of hate mongers? Maybe he stated as fact that Dr. King played a role in the movement?

You still have produced no words from David Barton stating that Dr King deserved no credit for the movement. With all the accusations being thrown about, one would think it would not take too much digging to produce his exact words.

Immie

Last edited:

What's your excuse?

Rick

David Barton

I see nothing in that quote that establishes that Barton does not give credit to Dr. King for his share in the movement.

The fact is that passing the act did require the consent of the majority and if that consent had not been given, I suspect we would still be fighting for equality today.

Immie

Sorry boys..

I played this game yesterday and used up four pages of a thread. I believe the quote is consistent with Bartons repeated statements that "only those in power can expand political rights". I believe he said it and will continue to say so

If you choose to defend Bartons white, christian historical revisionism, you are free to do so

Just don't expect me to jump through your hoops

I have to tell you, RW, I went directly to the Wallbuilders site in regards to another discussion on this thread to find something said by David Barton in regards to homosexuals. I could not find any of his writings, but I did find some other writings that by the very titles of the works, I was disappointed if not offended by the tone of the work.

I'm not a homosexual advocate, but I don't believe Christians should spit upon homosexuals and figuratively speaking that was what Wallbuilders appeared to be doing.

I still have not found anything by David Barton stating Dr. King deserved no credit. Although, I did find tons of opinions by others that stated he had all basically focused on the same thing the haters you posted had.

Immie

Immie

Sorry boys..

I played this game yesterday and used up four pages of a thread. I believe the quote is consistent with Bartons repeated statements that "only those in power can expand political rights". I believe he said it and will continue to say so

If you choose to defend Bartons white, christian historical revisionism, you are free to do so

Well, at least you have the balls to admit defeat.

Credit given to you for that.

Immie

Sorry boys..

This isn't a game. You are libeling a man. Your are falsely accusing him of racism because you think it benefits you politically. This a man's life you are talking about.

And what part of only those in power can expand political rights is untrue? King's job was to persuade those in power. And he succeeded. Acknowledging the truth doesn't diminish King's role. Putting it in the proper perspective isn't racism.

I am so sick and tired of you freaking dishonest political hacks who have no problem destroying a good man and his reputation so you can play a game with people's lives. That's evil as far as im concerned.

Immie

Sorry boys..

So, in your world, if EVERY minority voted to pass rights for themselves, and EVERY person of the majority voted against it, it would pass, right?

What Barton is saying is that it took the VOTING MAJORITY to get these rights passed. Where exactly is he wrong?

And since you've decided that putting words in someone's mouth is ok now, we'll just have to start putting words in Obama's mouth too. See how that goes.

Oh yeah, I forgot, only the left is allowed to lie and not prove their lies.

One more time for the slow. PROVE BARTON SAID THAT KING "deserves no credit."

Here's a hint for you morons: YOU CAN'T PROVE IT BECAUSE HE NEVER SAID IT.

After all, if he actually said something like that, it should be easy to find, shouldn't it? Why can not one person on this thread produce the quote?

Rick

I have to tell you, RW, I went directly to the Wallbuilders site in regards to another discussion on this thread to find something said by David Barton in regards to homosexuals. I could not find any of his writings, but I did find some other writings that by the very titles of the works, I was disappointed if not offended by the tone of the work.

I'm not a homosexual advocate, but I don't believe Christians should spit upon homosexuals and figuratively speaking that was what Wallbuilders appeared to be doing.

I still have not found anything by David Barton stating Dr. King deserved no credit. Although, I did find tons of opinions by others that stated he had all basically focused on the same thing the haters you posted had.

Immie

When I look at his body of work which is despicable, I find he holds a position that only the majority can bestow rights on the minority which is laughable

I am not going to spend any more time wallowing in the shit that Barton sells. I believe he said that referring to Dr King. If others believe otherwise, they are free to do so

Sorry boys..

This isn't a game. You are libeling a man. Your are falsely accusing him of racism because you think it benefits you politically. This a man's life you are talking about.

And what part of only those in power can expand political rights is untrue? King's job was to persuade those in power. And he succeeded. Acknowledging the truth doesn't diminish King's role. Putting it in the proper perspective isn't racism.

I am so sick and tired of you freaking dishonest political hacks who have no problem destroying a good man and his reputation so you can play a game with people's lives. That's evil as far as im concerned.

If Barton wants to sue me, he is welcome. I believe the OP quote is accurate regarding Dr King

You are welcome to continue to defend the filth that Barton passes as historical truth. Glenn Beck believes it, why shouldn't you?

Its a shame it was done in China.... why not here in America?

Im sure the $800,000.00 couldve been used to pay some American artisans to do it.

:dunno:
Thats what happens when the President's Jobs Advisor, the CEO of GE, helps obama think of ways to create jobs, he ships them to china

immelt jobs to china - Bing <---plenty of proof of what i say Immelt is doing.

Yep.... I was a GE employee in 2009, until my job was outsourced to Mexico.

Real patriotic "American" company *sarcastic as hell*
And a real life example of our new Jobs "Czar's" thinking playing out in the real world.

Do you realize that that piece is an OPINION piece only and is written by an enemy of David Barton? Why do you just accept an enemies undocumented statements as fact?

Oh, I realize that you take his words as truth, but, I get the impression that it is you who is the racist here, not David Barton.

Also, would you kindly point out where exactly David Barton is even quoted in that opinion piece as having said that Dr. King did not deserve any credit for the Civil Rights Movement?

Immie

Immie

Sorry boys..

So, in your world, if EVERY minority voted to pass rights for themselves, and EVERY person of the majority voted against it, it would pass, right?

What Barton is saying is that it took the VOTING MAJORITY to get these rights passed. Where exactly is he wrong?

And since you've decided that putting words in someone's mouth is ok now, we'll just have to start putting words in Obama's mouth too. See how that goes.

Oh yeah, I forgot, only the left is allowed to lie and not prove their lies.

One more time for the slow. PROVE BARTON SAID THAT KING "deserves no credit."

Here's a hint for you morons: YOU CAN'T PROVE IT BECAUSE HE NEVER SAID IT.

After all, if he actually said something like that, it should be easy to find, shouldn't it? Why can not one person on this thread produce the quote?

Rick

You know something, maybe they have a point. If we as the minority start a movement to have President Obama removed from office and we "vote" on it, he should be removed by their own words, right?

Immie

Forum List

Back