Speech from Majority Leader Tom DeLay

Originally posted by jimnyc
And lets not forget Russia, who has (had) oil contracts with Baghdad and 8 billion owed to Moscow by Saddam.
Hussein doesn't owe Russia, Iraq owes them the money and Iraq is going to pay them regardless of who is in power. I read the long post prior to this, it's a little out of date. It is an awful lot of speculations about motives, it doens't address the question of wether Frances advice to us about Iraq was correct or not (since it seems in retrospect, their advice was good, why do you feel it was given in bad faith? )

Originally posted by dijetlo
Hussein doesn't owe Russia, Iraq owes them the money and Iraq is going to pay them regardless of who is in power. I read the long post prior to this, it's a little out of date. It is an awful lot of speculations about motives, it doens't address the question of wether Frances advice to us about Iraq was correct or not (since it seems in retrospect, their advice was good, why do you feel it was given in bad faith? )

My point was that it was Saddam working on the deals. The law abiding citizens of Iraq shouldn't be held accountable, in my opinion.

http://www.warinformation.com/Go_To_pages/russia_iraq_intelligence_link.htm

Originally posted by jimnyc
My point was that it was Saddam working on the deals. The law abiding citizens of Iraq shouldn't be held accountable, in my opinion.

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
You fixin' to take on the WTO, big guy? :clap1:

Originally posted by dijetlo
The UN wanted inspections. They never agreed to anything else. They promised grave consequences if Iraq did not comply but in retrospect, you can't prove Iraq wasn't allready in compliance.

Doesn't matter. Once breached, the agreement is null and void.
We no longer have to adhere to it. The U.S. doesn't need
to "revoke" it.

Originally posted by X.P. Alidocious
Doesn't matter. Once breached, the agreement is null and void.
We no longer have to adhere to it. The U.S. doesn't need
to "revoke" it.
1: The US never declared war on Iraq in '91, so thier is no US cease fire agreement with them to violate.
2:The UNSCRs' are up to the UN to enforce. The UN was noticably absent when the US entered Iraq (they were in NY begging us to stop).
So what agreement with the US did they "breach"?

The US never declared war on Iraq in '91, so thier is no US cease fire agreement with them to violate.

Alright I have to ask then: Was I dreaming in '91 when good old Norm sat down with top Iraqi Generals in a tent in the desert signing agreements. Were they not cease fire agreements ?

I don't think they were playing poker !

posted by the eric
Was I dreaming in '91 when good old Norm sat down with top Iraqi Generals in a tent in the desert signing agreements.[/b]
He signed as the leader of UN forces in the theater. The conflict with Iraq in '91 was UN vs. Iraq, not US vs. Iraq. It's a moot point, but useful for folks who beleive we were acting under some UN mandate or to enforce violations of a cease fire accord. It also tends to illustrate why the Administration has had such a problem with defining our motives and rationale visa vis our invasion of Iraq. The latest one, Democracy, is a allready becoming problematic for GWB. He may well come to regret that choice in the next year. If Chalabi and the old INC gain power (and they will if Cheney/Rumsfeld and the PNAC cabal in Defense have anything to say about it)I fear democratic reforms will perpetualy remain six months in Iraqs future.

SLClemens
In the past ten years the only point I can see proof of them not abiding is missiles with a range of more than 150 kilometers, and hte UN was in the process of destroying missiles that may have had a slightly longer range than this when they were pulled out.

As reported on Debka.com months ago, the WMD were observed by satellites being moved out of Iraq, through Syria and into the Bekka Valley in southern Lebanon. Apparently our French allies had warned their partner in the oil contracts that America was about to bring the war to Saddam. The American and Israeli high tech 'eyes' were watching and recording everything.

George Bush has definitive proof of these now buried Saddam WMD weapons and under which crop areas they are buried.

The insinuation is that the Democrats are out on the stump busy claiming Pres Bush brought America into a foreign war for oil profits for himself and his Texas oil friends. The Democrats are also busy tearing each other apart while Bush sits back says nothing and laughs.

Unless I am greatly mistaken or misled, the Iraqi WMDs will be exposed sometimes late next year close to the November election. Much to late for the Democrats who are out there on that proverbial limb to create an excuse for their loud protestations against this president.

The all volunteer American army is now waging a guerrilla war against the Saddamites, Syrians and Iranians. Like in any such war a few are killed or injured but there is one thing that is missing here. Do you see any more attacks in America against our citizenry while the war against the infidels is waged far from our shores?

Mecca and the Kabah are both the center of Islam and the GATEWAY to their paradise with Mohammad.

Originally posted by ajwps
SLClemens

As reported on Debka.com months ago, the WMD were observed by satellites being moved out of Iraq, through Syria and into the Bekka Valley in southern Lebanon. Apparently our French allies had warned their partner in the oil contracts that America was about to bring the war to Saddam. The American and Israeli high tech 'eyes' were watching and recording everything.

George Bush has definitive proof of these now buried Saddam WMD weapons and under which crop areas they are buried.

The insinuation is that the Democrats are out on the stump busy claiming Pres Bush brought America into a foreign war for oil profits for himself and his Texas oil friends. The Democrats are also busy tearing each other apart while Bush sits back says nothing and laughs.

Unless I am greatly mistaken or misled, the Iraqi WMDs will be exposed sometimes late next year close to the November election. Much to late for the Democrats who are out there on that proverbial limb to create an excuse for their loud protestations against this president.

The all volunteer American army is now waging a guerrilla war against the Saddamites, Syrians and Iranians. Like in any such war a few are killed or injured but there is one thing that is missing here. Do you see any more attacks in America against our citizenry while the war against the infidels is waged far from our shores?

So we know where the WMD are and will expose them in about a year? Won't that be interesting.

I can see a drop of sense in your last paragraph, however. Why would anyone in the Middle East try to come here to kill Americans when they can just go to Iraq, where we seem unable to keep them out or stop them?

So we know where the WMD are and will expose them in about a year? Won't that be interesting. can see a drop of sense in your last paragraph, however. Why would anyone in the Middle East try to come here to kill Americans when they can just go to Iraq, where we seem unable to keep them out or stop them?

I don't know that 'we' know where Saddam's WMD are but this not well publiciized report was barely evident earlier this year and then quickly disappeared from the radar screen.

It would be poetic justice if Bush and those who know have been holding back heretofore purportedly unknown documentation and information that can be used for political gain. These weapons are purportedly being watched from on high and are not in any danger of being used while being hidden from the special units searching here and there for these illusive weapons.

Do you really know that the American army has had any success in stopping the majority of Saddam's attempts to kill soldiers or like in Israel, those stopped are simply not reported to any extent.

If President Bush really wanted to pacify Iraq, it would take little more than acting like those that want to destabilize Iraq and bringing those Arabs (Iraqis, Saudis, Iranians, Syrians, etc) back to feeling at home with Saddam's old regime.

The army could just round the anti-coaltion fighters and their families up, put them in barbed wire enclsoures and set them ablaze. Then they would feel right back at home with Saddam.

But that isn't acting like civilized people who fight on the 'Iraqi freedome fighters' terms.

Not as far as I'm concerned anyway....

USA: Westar Energy Review Finds Efforts to Sway Key Republicans Through Donations

By Pete Yost
Associated Press
June 5, 2003

Washington -- Key Republicans, including House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, solicited campaign donations from a financially strapped utility that was seeking their help in winning an exemption from a federal law, according to internal company records.

The lawmakers denied on Thursday there was any connection between the donations and the exemption. Federal law forbids the seeking or granting of government business in exchange for donations.

The documents state that executives of Westar Energy wanted to use the tens of thousands of dollars in donations they made to Republicans to get "a seat at the table" of a House-Senate conference committee on the Bush administration's energy plan.

The exemption, from a law intended to protect shareholders and ratepayers, was inserted into that plan, then pulled after the utility came under grand jury investigation.

The documents show at least one Westar executive questioned why he was contributing to GOP candidates he did not know.

The answer, according to the documents: DeLay, House Commerce Committee Chairman Joe Barton, Rep. Billy Tauzin and Senate Banking Committee Chairman Richard Shelby were needed for their help on the exemption and had asked that donations be directed, not to their own campaigns, but to those of fellow Republicans in tight races in 2002.

Among the beneficiaries were a DeLay fund-raising committee that got $25,000; Rep. John Shimkus, R-Ill., who got $1,000 from a Westar executive; and Tom Young, Shelby's former chief of staff, whose unsuccessful run for Congress attracted $1,700 in Westar executives' donations.

"DeLay is the House Majority Leader" and "his agreement is necessary before the House Conferees can push the language we have in place in the House bill," one Westar executive wrote in an e-mail encouraging the donations.

"Shimkus is a close associate of Billy Tauzin and Joe Barton, who are key House Conferees on our legislation. They have made this request in lieu of contributions made to their own campaigns."

The same e-mail added: "Tom Young is Senator Shelby's Chief of Staff who is running for the House in Alabama" and Shelby "made a substantial request of us for supporting Young's campaign."

The documents offer a rare window into a company's efforts to win influence on Capitol Hill, and have surfaced as part of an investigation launched by the company into the conduct of several of its executives and a Washington lobbyist who organized the donations.

Former New York U.S. attorney Mary Jo White, who oversaw investigations of campaign finance wrongdoing and Sen. Robert Torricelli's ethics, led the internal probe of Westar executives.

Barton, R-Texas, said he introduced the exemption long before the donations. Shelby says he did not ask the company to make donations. DeLay's office said there was no arrangement to push the company's request through Congress in exchange for donations.

"It's presumptuous for someone to think that by contributing to candidates who have challenging elections there's something they'll get in return other than helping a candidate win," DeLay spokesman Stuart Roy said Thursday. He said the documents' descriptions were "simply incorrect and inappropriate."

Barton's office said flatly, "There was no quid pro quo whatsoever."

Barton was one of the lawmakers assigned to the conference committee that finalized Bush's energy plan in 2002, and he introduced the exemption that would have freed Westar from unwanted regulatory oversight. The exemption was a critical component of Topeka, Kan.-based Westar's plan to split its regulated utility from the rest of its businesses.

Kansas regulators had already barred the company from splitting in two, and Westar then tried to make its case at the federal level through Congress.

Creating two publicly traded companies would free Westar's non-utility businesses from regulatory oversight and possibly allow the company to transfer more than $3 billion in debt to the utility. The utility then could try to pass those costs to its customers through rate hikes.

The Senate dropped the provision after revelations a federal grand jury was investigating the company. Westar's former CEO is currently under indictment.

House Republicans also dropped their support for the Westar exemption last fall after alerted to the investigation by Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., who called the exemption being sought by Westar an "Enron-like loophole."

Westar said Thursday it has hired lawyers who are experts in federal campaign finance law "to investigate the matter further." The investigation to date "is thorough and speaks for itself," the company added.

Barton spokeswoman Samantha Jordan said the congressman had introduced the exemption in 2001 and that it was dropped because some members of Congress opposed it "and also we were hearing rumors that there was something going on at the company."

Among the documents released by the company are May 20, 2002, e-mails in which a Westar executive asked why he was writing checks to Republican congressional candidates he had never heard of.

The Westar executive said the amounts he was being asked to give were far in excess of what he had earlier understood he would have to spend.

"Who is Shimkus, who is Young. DeLay is from TX what is our connection?" queried the executive. "Happy to give but earlier ... memo had me giving I think $300-400 per candidate. I am confused."

A quick reply came back.
"You probably didn't get a copy of the memo sent internal mail on Friday about the current legislative issue in Washington," a Westar executive replied. "Right now, we have $11,500 in immediate needs for a group of candidates associated with Tom DeLay, Billy Tauzin, Joe Barton and Senator Richard Shelby."

The e-mails described Shelby as "our anchor on the Senate side."

On Thursday, Shelby spokeswoman Andrea Lofye said "Senator Shelby has never supported an exemption for this individual company nor has he made a request for campaign contributions on behalf of Tom Young for this company."

Westar executives outlined a plan to gain influence with the conference committee.

"We have a plan for participation to get a seat at the table" and "the total of the package will be $31,500 in hard money, individual, and $25,000 in soft money, corporate," one executive wrote in an e-mail.

In May 2002, around the time the e-mails were written, Westar gave $25,000 to a DeLay fund-raising organization, Texans for a Republican Majority.

An advocacy group that tracks energy policy criticized the donation.

"Tom DeLay should return that money to Westar's shareholders," said Tyson Slocum of Public Citizen. "Regardless of what DeLay's impression was, the fact is that the company believed that the $25,000 was securing them preferential treatment."

AP business writer Brad Foss in Washington contributed to this story.

June 10, 2003
Westar update
Well, well, it looks like this Westar scandal may have some legs, after all. Turns out that in addition to the cash payments made to campaign groups associated with four legislators, a Westar lobbyist attended two of their fundraisers as well.

The lobbyist, Richard H. Bornemann, played a key role in Westar Energy Inc.'s efforts in 2002 to benefit itself through an amendment to a big energy bill in Congress. Those efforts have drawn attention and criticism recently, prompted by the disclosure of e-mails by Westar executives discussing their belief that $56,500 in donations to campaign groups affiliated with Tauzin and three other GOP lawmakers would get Westar a "seat at the table" during crucial negotiations over the energy bill.

Descriptions of Bornemann's role paint a clearer picture of how Westar planned and delivered campaign donations last year to the groups linked to Reps. Tauzin, Joe Barton (R-Tex.) and House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) and Sen. Richard C. Shelby (R-Ala.). At the time, Westar was seeking an exemption from a federal regulation that treated it as an investment company, to Westar's financial disadvantage. Barton eventually inserted the Westar provision into the energy bill, but later pulled it when the company came under federal investigation.

All four lawmakers named in the Westar e-mails say they never suggested the company would receive any special treatment in return for political donations.

Bornemann attended at least seven Washington fundraisers sponsored by Barton and Tauzin in the spring and summer of 2002. The events were held on behalf of vulnerable House Republicans, both lawmakers said.

Bornemann brought checks from Westar chief executive David C. Wittig, Tauzin's office said yesterday. The lobbyist also attended a Tauzin fundraiser in Louisiana last June. Six weeks later, four Westar executives wrote checks to Tauzin's "Bayou" leadership political action committee totaling $2,800, according to federal election records.

You know, I think what really makes this whole thing stand out in terms of tawdriness is the relatively small amount of graft money involved. I mean, $2800? You could raise that much at a garden club bake sale.

It should be noted that just because Bornemann attended these fundraisers that he wasn't necessarily welcome:

Tauzin, however, recognized Bornemann at his Louisiana reception and ordered his staff to throw him out, Tauzin spokesman Ken Johnson said. Johnson said the lawmaker had barred Bornemann from his office years earlier after the lobbyist misled Tauzin on a railroad matter.

He was also probably wearing white shoes after Labor Day.

In any event, the WaPo has editorialized in favor of an investigation:

So last year 13 Westar officials coughed up $31,500 in individual, or "hard money," contributions that went to selected Republican candidates. Westar gave $25,000 in corporate "soft money" to the Texans for a Republican Majority PAC, a political committee with strong ties to Mr. DeLay, reports The Post's Tom Edsall. And what next? The provision sought by Westar was inserted in the energy bill last September by Rep. Barton. Democrats tried to strip the amendment out but lost in a party-line vote, with Mr. DeLay, Mr. Barton and Mr. Tauzin supporting the Westar amendment. Two weeks later, it was disclosed that a grand jury was investigating Westar. The provision was dropped from the bill.

The Justice Department can't let this matter drop.

Indeed. Thanks again to Alfredo Garcia, my main Tom DeLay watchdog, for sending this to me. Despite the Texas connections of this story, I haven't seen anything about it in the Chron other than a reprint of the original AP wire story and a two-line blurb stating that Democrats were calling for an investigation. Hey, guys, this is yet another Tom DeLay tempest. When will we see some reporting on it?

Originally posted by ajwps
I don't know that 'we' know where Saddam's WMD are but this not well publiciized report was barely evident earlier this year and then quickly disappeared from the radar screen.

It would be poetic justice if Bush and those who know have been holding back heretofore purportedly unknown documentation and information that can be used for political gain. These weapons are purportedly being watched from on high and are not in any danger of being used while being hidden from the special units searching here and there for these illusive weapons.

Do you really know that the American army has had any success in stopping the majority of Saddam's attempts to kill soldiers or like in Israel, those stopped are simply not reported to any extent.

If President Bush really wanted to pacify Iraq, it would take little more than acting like those that want to destabilize Iraq and bringing those Arabs (Iraqis, Saudis, Iranians, Syrians, etc) back to feeling at home with Saddam's old regime.

The army could just round the anti-coaltion fighters and their families up, put them in barbed wire enclsoures and set them ablaze. Then they would feel right back at home with Saddam.

But that isn't acting like civilized people who fight on the 'Iraqi freedome fighters' terms.

So Bush is saving the finding of WMDs as an election surprise? Even I don't think he's that stupid and specious.

It's quite possible that our troops are stopping a lot of attacks, but attacks are still increasing. If they are cutting down on opportunities by some to commit attacks, they most certainly are not able to cut down on motivation to attack us. If anything they are feuling this.

I'd be very curious to see what evidence you can post of this miraculous find in Lebanon.

Indeed. Thanks again to Alfredo Garcia, my main Tom DeLay watchdog, for sending this to me. Despite the Texas connections of this story, I haven't seen anything about it in the Chron other than a reprint of the original AP wire story and a two-line blurb stating that Democrats were calling for an investigation. Hey, guys, this is yet another Tom DeLay tempest. When will we see some reporting on it?

By Pete Yost
Associated Press
June 5, 2003

I love it...

Do you believe everything you read in the liberal media?
Arrogance by Bernard Goldberg
Posted by Kevin at 3 November 2003 in Reviews
Bernard Goldberg has become famous for tackling an issue that is familiar to most residents of, and visitors to, The Blogosphere: the bias and arrogance of the media elite. He brings something to the task that most bloggers do not, however, and that is 28 years inside the business. In his first book, Bias, he tackled the issue of liberal bias head on and thereby endured the wrath of his fellow journalists. In writing a follow-up to that best seller - Arrogance: Rescuing America From the Media Elite released today - Mr. Goldberg has likely further ostracized himself from the leaders of the media establishment. Doggedly, Goldberg continues to insist that the major media elite insert a biased viewpoint in their reporting and that their failure to admit and deal with the issue threatens their relevance to mainstream America.

As a longtime journalist himself and self-described old fashioned liberal, Goldberg is not coming from a polemical perspective, aka Ann Coulter. Rather his tone is one of frustration and tired amusement at the antics of his fellow journalists. He doesn’t believe there is a secret conspiracy to destroy conservatives or an orchestrated attempt to be one-sided. Rather, Arrogance paints a picture of journalists living in a cultural and political bubble and too arrogant to step outside that bubble and challenge their own assumptions. Goldberg repeats what he said in Bias:

What I and many others do believe, and what I think is fairly obvious, is that the majority of journalists in big newsrooms slant leftward in their personal politics, especially on issues like abortion, affirmative action, gay rights, and gun control; and so in their professional role they tend to assume those positions are reasonable and morally correct. Bias in the news stems from that – not from some straw man conspiracy concocted by liberals in the supposedly objective mainstream media.”

What continues to bug Goldberg, and what motivates Arrogance, is that no matter how may examples one points to, and no matter how many Americans believe this to be true, the media elite simply refuses to face the issue. Not only that, when confronted wit the issue they often attack the person who dares to raise this uncomfortable topic. Goldberg obviously has experienced this first hand. Despite becoming a best seller, Bias was either ignored by the media elite or vilified via personal attacks. The viciousness and cheap shot nature of these attacks surprised even some veteran journalists, and likely won a few to Goldberg’s side. The most effective response, however, was to ignore the issue entirely. Goldberg was excluded from any major network news program and ignored even by the morning talk shows (with the exception of a brief and hostile slot with Katie Couric).

full article at:

http://collectedmiscellany.com/archives/000040.php

It's quite possible that our troops are stopping a lot of attacks, but attacks are still increasing. If they are cutting down on opportunities by some to commit attacks, they most certainly are not able to cut down on motivation to attack us. If anything they are feuling this.

The increasing attacks are the result of fighting a war by civilized rules against 'freedom fighters' who use guerilla tactics. The motivation to attack us is fed by cash, perceived weakness and America's using restraint against civilians who are used as shields.

I'd be very curious to see what evidence you can post of this miraculous find in Lebanon.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=482

Report: U.S suspects Iraqi WMD in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley

http://216.26.163.62/2003/ss_iraq_08_25.html

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Tuesday, August 26, 2003
U.S. intelligence suspects Iraq's weapons of mass destruction have finally been located.

Unfortunately, getting to them will be nearly impossible for the United States and its allies, because the containers with the strategic materials are not in Iraq.

Instead they are located in Lebanon's heavily-fortified Bekaa Valley, swarming with Iranian and Syrian forces, and Hizbullah and ex-Iraqi agents, Geostrategy-Direct.com will report in Wednesday's new weekly edition.

U.S. intelligence first identified a stream of tractor-trailer trucks moving from Iraq to Syria to Lebaon in January 2003. The significance of this sighting did not register on the CIA at the time.

U.S. intelligence sources believe the area contains extended-range Scud-based missiles and parts for chemical and biological warheads.

Mutually-lucrative Iraqi-Syrian arms transactions are nothing new. Firas Tlas, son of Syrian Defense Minister Mustafa Tlas, has been the key to Syria's rogue alliance with Iraq. He and Assad made hundreds of millions of dollars selling weapons, oil and drugs to and from Iraq, according to the May 13, 2003 edition of Geostrategy-Direct.com.
The CIA now believes a multi-million dollar deal between Iraq and Syria provided for the hiding and safekeeping of Saddam's strategic weapons.

Not surprisingly, U.S. inquiries in Beirut and Syria are being met with little substantive response, U.S. officials said.

What is not mentioned is exactly how Bush and certain national security departments obtained the evidence.

<<U.S. intelligence suspects Iraq's weapons of mass destruction have finally been located.

Unfortunately, getting to them will be nearly impossible for the United States and its allies, because the containers with the strategic materials are not in Iraq.
Instead they are located in Lebanon's heavily-fortified Bekaa Valley, swarming with Iranian and Syrian forces, and Hizbullah and ex-Iraqi agents, Geostrategy-Direct.com will report in Wednesday's new weekly edition.
U.S. intelligence first identified a stream of tractor-trailer trucks moving from Iraq to Syria to Lebaon in January 2003. The significance of this sighting did not register on the CIA at the time.>>

Now I have a seriously hard time in believing this. Even if this were proven to be true then we have a more serious problem with this countries government than we thought before. This would mean that the US intelligence agency is far more jacked up than we even speculate now or our government is trying to seriously play games with the american people.

Now I have a seriously hard time in believing this. Even if this were proven to be true then we have a more serious problem with this countries government than we thought before. This would mean that the US intelligence agency is far more jacked up than we even speculate now or our government is trying to seriously play games with the american people.

What do you mean by 'jacked up'?' Do you think that our US government is obligued to release classified information in order not to be 'jacked up'?

Was the US government 'jacked up' because the Allied armies did not announce that Normandy was the target for the main attack against France instead of the Pat-De-Calais?

Hitler would have been very appreciative for this information and put all of his forces to drive the allies back into the sea. Maybe Saddam would just go ahead and pay to have his weapons moved into Iran if he thought that the USA was going in to get his WMDs.

Instead of 'jacked up' it might be better described as strategy in war time.

ajwps aka Mustafa

Instead of 'jacked up' it might be better described as strategy in war time.

well thats some piss poor strategy.

you should know, as well as I do, that the emphasis put on locating these WMD's during the time that the US was ramping up for invading Iraq was of an imminent threat that hussein could pass these on to terrorists. We also have to know that there was speculation at that time that these would be moved before US forces could get there and that real time satelite photos of these so called WMD sites were used as evidence of the 'programs'.

I've heard this lame argument that searching for WMD's in Iraq is like trying to find barrels in the state of california but hey, I've served in the USMC and dealt with some intelligence type issues and when it concerns something that the president and his cabinet are stressing as dire threats to the american people you damn well better have your info right. Thats what I call JACKED UP.

Especially if your battle plan is supposed to be centered on finding WMD's in Iraq then you make damn sure that you follow information of that sort, not just blow it off. I've said it before about info like this and theres only two ways you can take it....either theres something WRONG with the way our government agencies are dealing with issues and it needs to be fixed i.e. their incompetent, or we are being played.

You may feel comfortable with all the disinformation that you feel is being used as 'strategy' but it damn sure makes me nervous. Once I start questioning what it is they do and do not know, I start questioning whether they are right or wrong. Its MY life they are screwing with as well and, call me crazy, but I like knowing the details when it concerns issues with my life.

well thats some piss poor strategy.

You were a marine or involved in intellegence during service?

Now you are judging strategy being used to defuse Iraq from being part of attacking you and the United States.

Yes all the worst fears that Saddam would turn over the weapons to terrorists or that these weapons would be used against our troops.

Guess what. Nothing like either of these events happened. Saddam is no military genius. Didn't you read the prior post carefully? The weapons had been moved out of Iraq and buried for the day that Saddam would come back into power.

You should be worried about many other threats against you and your family. Hoards of suicide bombers with dirty weapons could have been deployed and set off in large population centers.

But no, President Bush and the security of the USA remains intact. The WMDs of Saddam are buried and watched 24 hours every day.

We armchair generals can make our strategy calls in our homes while the President and his advisors make the calls.

Face it, either Bush has made all the right decisions including the public knowledge of the hidden WMDs or it just wasn't meant to be. You should be frightened as civilization is fighting a very different kind of enemy.

Your knowledge of events happening while you sleep is not as important as keeping that knowledge away from the enemy of western civilization.

If you are not happy with being excluded from the inner circle of the Pentagon planners and George Bush, vote him out of office next November. You might like Al Sharpton or Carol Mosley Braun for your new President. Then you could feel assured of your safety.

You've obviously mistaken me for a DNC member for nowhere in any of my posts have I ever supported a democratic candidate.

On to other things though,

Am I judging strategy? Hell yes, and you should be too and if you are then I might advise you to reconsider your judgement. From just looking at your post it would almost seem that you could care less what Bush does, as long as he does something, and as long as he's doing something then thats quite alright with you, wrong or right.

Now, if its as you say and some of the prior posts indicate, that these hidden weapons are being used as political game chips for future findings to elevate Bush and the republican party then all I can say as an american is hold up a minute.

I have a far less tolerance for political BS games than the average american, maybe its from having served myself, but I fail to see the 'leadership' in using american troops as targets, occupation of a country under false pretenses, and half ignoring a hidden cache of WMD's in another country so a political party can maintain a status quo.

What a wonderful myth it is about that 'liberal media'. It never ceases to amaze me how a simple little label can solve everyones problems with news stories they don't like or agree with. We'll just label it 'liberal media' and those of you on the right can happily glide along as if its nothing but a vendetta against your commander in chief. Its also a sure sign that there are some on the right with no ability to think for themselves, that only have the ability to swallow whatever bait is placed on a hook and actually be happy about it.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
You've obviously mistaken me for a DNC member for nowhere in any of my posts have I ever supported a democratic candidate.

On to other things though,

Am I judging strategy? Hell yes, and you should be too and if you are then I might advise you to reconsider your judgement. From just looking at your post it would almost seem that you could care less what Bush does, as long as he does something, and as long as he's doing something then thats quite alright with you, wrong or right.

Now, if its as you say and some of the prior posts indicate, that these hidden weapons are being used as political game chips for future findings to elevate Bush and the republican party then all I can say as an american is hold up a minute.

I have a far less tolerance for political BS games than the average american, maybe its from having served myself, but I fail to see the 'leadership' in using american troops as targets, occupation of a country under false pretenses, and half ignoring a hidden cache of WMD's in another country so a political party can maintain a status quo.

What a wonderful myth it is about that 'liberal media'. It never ceases to amaze me how a simple little label can solve everyones problems with news stories they don't like or agree with. We'll just label it 'liberal media' and those of you on the right can happily glide along as if its nothing but a vendetta against your commander in chief. Its also a sure sign that there are some on the right with no ability to think for themselves, that only have the ability to swallow whatever bait is placed on a hook and actually be happy about it.

In addition to the 'liberal media' you can also blame the foreign press, who don't seem interested in playing stenographer or interlocutor to the Whitehouse, either. Seriously, though, people who blame dissenting views on the war are especially blind to the fact that many of the most cutting critiques of the war on terror and especially the diversion of the war on Iraq have come from the libertarian right and conservatives who, while not exactly libertarians, would like to pursue a more isolationist course, at least in cases where internationalism is contingent on militarism.

As for the grocery-store tabloid story about WMD cached in Lebanon - and I've seen more credible arguments that the Pentagon was hit by a cruise missile - if this could possibly be the case it would just support the theory that far from disarming Saddam of any WMDs (which the UN had already done in any case) he would just send them into terrorist hands in the event we invaded. Thankfully it appears he didn't have anything to send.

Forum List

Back