Speaker at Tufts calls for humility

My favorite part of the speech...

'Isaacson recounted a meeting between President Bush and Time's editors during the 2000 presidential campaign, during which Bush spoke "with great eloquence on the need for more humility in American foreign policy." '

"Pausing to let a murmur of laughter roll through the crowd,

Ahahaha! Bush humble?!? Ahaha... :wank:

Isaacson, who now heads the Aspen Institute, an international relations think tank, acknowledged the need for a more "assertive" foreign policy in the wake of Sept. 11."

Oh, now it's not so funny to you naive little uni-bots, is it?

Rememer that day?

Wake up little drones, you are free of your lefty professors!

:cof:

"I do wish we could learn a little from old Dr. Franklin and at least fake a little humility, give the appearance of humility, and listen to our allies," Isaacson said to loud applause

The above is also from the Boston Globe, that liberal rag we all know so well.

Fake it-------now there's a foreign policy if I have ever seen one !!!

Originally posted by dilloduck
"I do wish we could learn a little from old Dr. Franklin and at least fake a little humility, give the appearance of humility, and listen to our allies," Isaacson said to loud applause

The above is also from the Boston Globe, that liberal rag we all know so well.

Yep. The economy prediction cracks me up.

For several students, the joy of graduating was tempered by an economy that, despite recent signs of growth, offers uncertain prospects.

"I'm thinking about staying in school and getting a doctorate," said Mark Schwaber, 24, of Los Angeles, who received a master's degree in computer science. "It's a tough time to get a job right now. It's getting tougher and tougher."

Despite the uncertain thing about the whole economic recovery (which is getting WORSE!), poor Markie has to stay in school!

Fake it-------now there's a foreign policy if I have ever seen one !!! [/B]

This new policy is a war of ideas instead of weapons. It's pefectly insane simply because there are no actual ideas presented, just the idea of using ideas.

"Jefferson and Franklin were willing to engage in a war of ideas, and realized that ideas had power, that America's ideals and values were stronger than even our weapons," he said, as the crowd clapped in approval.

(Me wondering where this is going...)

"Now we are losing a war of ideas. We're losing the war of values around the world, and this failure would dismay our founders."

Bascially saying the founders are ashamed of our occupation of Iraq and attempt to establish democracy there.

Is that idea more powerfull than a weapon? My bet is on the weapon.

Forum List

Back