Space news and Exploration II

Isolated and stored anti-matter could be used as a fuel for interplanetary or interstellar travel[53] as part of an antimatter catalyzed nuclear pulse propulsion or other antimatter rocketry, such as the redshift rocket. Since the energy density of antimatter is higher than that of conventional fuels, an antimatter-fueled spacecraft would have a higher thrust-to-weight ratio than a conventional spacecraft.

If matter-antimatter collisions resulted only in photon emission, the entire rest mass of the particles would be converted to kinetic energy. The energy per unit mass (9×1016 J/kg) is about 10 orders of magnitude greater than chemical energies,[54] and about 3 orders of magnitude greater than the nuclear potential energy that can be liberated, today, using nuclear fission (about 200 MeV per fission reaction[55] or 8×1013 J/kg), and about 2 orders of magnitude greater than the best possible results expected from fusion (about 6.3×1014 J/kg for the proton-proton chain). The reaction of 1 kg of antimatter with 1 kg of matter would produce 1.8×1017 J (180 petajoules) of energy (by the mass-energy equivalence formula, E = mc2), or the rough equivalent of 43 megatons of TNT – slightly less than the yield of the 27,000 kg Tsar Bomb, the largest thermonuclear weapon ever detonated.

Antimatter - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

making one kilogram approximately equal to 2.2046 avoirdupois pounds

Finding intelligent life will be a disaster as you know man being stupid will stick his nose where it does not belong and want to change them in to democrats and republicans, Christians and Muslims and we will do it all over again.

Isolated and stored anti-matter could be used as a fuel for interplanetary or interstellar travel[53] as part of an antimatter catalyzed nuclear pulse propulsion or other antimatter rocketry, such as the redshift rocket. Since the energy density of antimatter is higher than that of conventional fuels, an antimatter-fueled spacecraft would have a higher thrust-to-weight ratio than a conventional spacecraft.

If matter-antimatter collisions resulted only in photon emission, the entire rest mass of the particles would be converted to kinetic energy. The energy per unit mass (9×1016 J/kg) is about 10 orders of magnitude greater than chemical energies,[54] and about 3 orders of magnitude greater than the nuclear potential energy that can be liberated, today, using nuclear fission (about 200 MeV per fission reaction[55] or 8×1013 J/kg), and about 2 orders of magnitude greater than the best possible results expected from fusion (about 6.3×1014 J/kg for the proton-proton chain). The reaction of 1 kg of antimatter with 1 kg of matter would produce 1.8×1017 J (180 petajoules) of energy (by the mass-energy equivalence formula, E = mc2), or the rough equivalent of 43 megatons of TNT – slightly less than the yield of the 27,000 kg Tsar Bomb, the largest thermonuclear weapon ever detonated.

Antimatter - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

making one kilogram approximately equal to 2.2046 avoirdupois pounds

The technology finally exists to search for life. "This is the first time in human history we have the technological reach to find life on other planets," Sara Seager, a planetary scientist at MIT, said. "People will look back at us as the generation who found Earth-like worlds."

The Kepler mission has identified more than 3,500 potential planets outside Earth's solar system, including 10 that are Earth-size and lie within their star's habitable zone. And the space-based Hubble and Spitzer telescopes recently imaged the atmospheres of an exoplanet directly.

I can't wait till we find the planet(s) that we can live on and start heading towards them.

Around 1 in 5 Sun-like stars have an "Earth-sized" planet in the habitable zone, with the nearest expected to be within 12 light-years distance from Earth.

Assuming 200 billion stars in the Milky Way, that would be 11 billion potentially habitable Earth-sized planets in the Milky Way, rising to 40 billion if red dwarfs are included. The rogue planets in the Milky Way possibly number in the trillions.

Finding intelligent life will be a disaster as you know man being stupid will stick his nose where it does not belong and want to change them in to democrats and republicans, Christians and Muslims and we will do it all over again.

We would be better off if we found a planet with no intelligent life and no dinosaurs.

We would be better off if we found a planet with no intelligent life and no dinosaurs.

The Aliens already have. They call it Dirball. We call it Earth.

This is kind of sad that so many people hate humanity. No wonder they don't believe it can do great things and explore. All the faith of the 50's and 60's is gone.

This is kind of sad that so many people hate humanity. No wonder they don't believe it can do great things and explore. All the faith of the 50's and 60's is gone.

They came to Earth, read this message base and determined that there are no intellegent life on earth and they boogyed.

Notice most of them believe in god?

I just thought if its going to take too long to get there we could send robots and hundreds of frozen eggs and sperm and make babies when we get there. The computers would raise them. No teaching god. Just teach them cooperation and treating others the way you want to treated. No need to make up god. We do the same to kids now with Santa clause

I lean left from the center and yet, I believe in God, Christ and more. I also believe in dying for my beliefs. I already placed it on the line for my Country. Can you say the same?

I just thought if its going to take too long to get there we could send robots and hundreds of frozen eggs and sperm and make babies when we get there. The computers would raise them. No teaching god. Just teach them cooperation and treating others the way you want to treated. No need to make up god. We do the same to kids now with Santa clause

Hey, watch it. I know that Santa is real. I was told so in a crap game with the tooth fairy and easter bunny.

I lean left from the center and yet, I believe in God, Christ and more. I also believe in dying for my beliefs. I already placed it on the line for my Country. Can you say the same?

Fuck no! For what? For oil? Viet nam? Korea?

Ww2 was worthy of risking my life and 911 but then enlisting would have put my life in Bush's hands and next thing I'm dying in Iraq or Iran. I respect and appreciate you but no I'm glad I didn't put my life in Bush's hands.

Now if we were invaded or if the Muslim world tries to take over Europe with the help of Russia and China I might be forced to. These fucking leaders risk our lives too easily. You have balls. I went to college after high school. Why did you enlist and when?

Ww2 was worthy of risking my life and 911 but then enlisting would have put my life in Bush's hands and next thing I'm dying in Iraq or Iran. I respect and appreciate you but no I'm glad I didn't put my life in Bush's hands.

Now if we were invaded or if the Muslim world tries to take over Europe with the help of Russia and China I might be forced to. These fucking leaders risk our lives too easily. You have balls. I went to college after high school. Why did you enlist and when?

No I doubt you would fight unless you were to fight getting to a neutral country.

No I doubt you would fight unless you were to fight getting to a neutral country.
That depends on the war. But no just like rich peoples kids don't die in wars neither do I. I'm no pawn.

Let's get back to space discussion focused on current space news and events.

I would definitely want to send liberals together in a ship and republicans In their own ship. Well have the best scientists and they'll take creation scientists. Lol.

But I would send out ships the size of cities in twos. Just in case something happens to one. And they have to have ships that can land and mine planets comics and moons along the way for more metals and water. Tardigrades can survive naked in space. What if we one day evolve so we can breath in the vacuum of space. Maybe?

Dark Galaxy: Mysterious Galaxy X Found Finally? Dark Matter Hunters Would Like To Believe So

Astronomers have long suspected strange ripples in hydrogen gas in the disk of our Milky Way galaxy are caused by the gravity of an unseen dwarf galaxy dominated by dark matter -- and now they think they've found this "Galaxy X."

The prediction of an invisible dark matter dwarf galaxy orbiting our Milky Way, made in 2009, may have had its "observational confirmation," say researchers at the Rochester Institute of Technology in New York.

Opinions???

Dwarf stars discovered on collision course
Chris Burns | Feb 9, 2015

One of our favorite telescopes in the world - the ESO's Very Large Telescope (VLT), has aided in spotting a couple of stars set to collide. At the center of the planetary nebula Henize 2-428, two stars orbit one another. These two planetary bodies are both dwarf stars drawing ever-nearer to each other, eventually set to touch and create one massive explosion. A thermonuclear explosion, that is to say, with a Type "la" supernova to follow. Sadly, none of us living today will be around to see this event, as it'll take place some 700 years from now.

Boing and spaceX got a 6.8 billion contract, and will have the first manned space flight by 2017, perhaps they will get a much bigger contract once they have show success and cost reduction in doing this. Anotherwords doing it cheaper than NASA. If that's the case boeing and SpaceX could go on a hiring binge.

This would be my plan from soonest to latest -

1.) Make it free to take Math, all sciences, physics, space, and, space engineering classes ASAP. Congress should have zero issue funding that, because it's much cheaper than Obama's free 2 year tuition program.

2.) Give Boeing and Space X tens of billions every year in contracts. I believe if we can spend that much on alternative energy that doesn't even create jobs that last, better give it to these private businesses that we know will last and employ as many of these college graduates in math, science and space as they can potentially hundreds of thousands of jobs. It will make math and science important again and students will want to do it.

3.) Build a US Space stations right now. This should be NASA"s #1 priority now that space x and Boeing took a huge load off of them. We have to with the russians denying us access to the international station by 2020. Plus their is so outdated and there rockets are blowing up, and with our top private companies like Boeing creating the next big capsul

4.) Plan missions to the moon to start planning a port to be built there.

6.) After the us space station is built expand responsibilities to Boeing and Space X to build this port on the moon since it will be cheaper done by a private company. That means increase their yearly budget again. this is where space engineers will be needed many of them to expedite this.

7.) Build a super computer to put on the moon at the port..

8.) while all of this is going on NASA should be focused on sending information gathering rovers to Mars prior to any manned space travel to that planet. According to NASA's budget request they are doing exactly that. I'm also happy they are building a newer better version of the hubble telescope, and newer high tech fleet of satelites.

9.) Lastly - Missions to mars.

Forum List

Back