South Carolina Gov likens himself to biblical King David

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
This gets funnier by the day. I wonder if King David stole taxpayer money to fund his affair?

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford is telling his state agency chiefs that he's sorry for keeping them in the dark when he went to Argentina to see his mistress.

The Republican on Friday held his typical public meeting with the agency chiefs, but started with apologies and likening his confession and future to the biblical plight of King David.

Sanford says King David fell mightily but picked up the pieces and built from there.
The Associated Press: SC gov tells agency chiefs sorry, get to work

He did NOT liken himself to David, he used David as an example of why he was not going to resign.
same thing
he is essentially saying hes ok because David did something similar

He is saying that he will not resign because he is still the elected Governor and can still preform his duties and his job. And personally I do not think he should resign. Neither should those liberals that always defend every lying thieving democrat that comes down the pike.

He did NOT liken himself to David, he used David as an example of why he was not going to resign.
same thing
he is essentially saying hes ok because David did something similar

He is saying that he will not resign because he is still the elected Governor and can still preform his duties and his job. And personally I do not think he should resign. Neither should those liberals that always defend every lying thieving democrat that comes down the pike.
because he used public funds in this, i say YES he should resign
if he hadnt dopne that, then no, he shouldnt resign
but i sure wouldnt vote for him

besides, he hasn't had anybody killed.........that we know of. Sorry guys...this one isn't the same thing. David was a king...he didn't have to consider his people's best interest. He knew someone would have to kill him to get him off the throne.

Sanford is done for...cooked....over...shamed and defamed. If he's a smart politician, he'll resign and try to regain some kind of legitimate reutation. You know...rebuild his marriage, go to a lower level of government for a while and work his way back through the system. Or maybe he just becomes a democrat and runs for President!

Forum List

Back